• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 505 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:09 AM

Here is what I have come up with so far:

HELLSLINGER

This is the most playable build I have come up with it. It allows for 2nd line support with the ability to move into a fight and get out if needed.

I have not found a solid build to change to roll of 2nd line support assault so far.

Edited by Wolfwood592, 14 January 2015 - 08:10 AM.

#2 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:27 AM

Yeah, the Hellslinger is a weird, weird mech. I pulled the missiles, since the stack on the left shoulder just makes way too easy a target for anyone shooting at it.

I made the following build prior to the quirks and it worked surprisingly well. Came up with it almost as a joke after a frustrating couple weeks of builds that underperformed:

HELLSLINGER

2ERLL in the shoulders, 2LPL in the arms, 2 Flamers that I originally threw in as a joke, but are surprisingly effective in brawling because of their blinding feature.

This doesn't take advantage of the quirks, however. If I were building this thing for CW, I'd build it a lot differently, but for solo PUG drops, that one's pretty fun.

For CW or something that's a bit more viable (competitive rather than fun), I'd still dump the shoot-me!-missile-rack and go for something like this:

HELLSLINGER

4PPCs in the high-mounted shoulders, enough heatsinks to chainfire them for a sequence, and a couple MLs for backup. Obviously you wouldn't be brawling in it and yeah: it'll run REAL hot.

#3 Wolfwood592

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 505 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:57 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 14 January 2015 - 08:27 AM, said:

Yeah, the Hellslinger is a weird, weird mech. I pulled the missiles, since the stack on the left shoulder just makes way too easy a target for anyone shooting at it.

I made the following build prior to the quirks and it worked surprisingly well. Came up with it almost as a joke after a frustrating couple weeks of builds that underperformed:

HELLSLINGER

2ERLL in the shoulders, 2LPL in the arms, 2 Flamers that I originally threw in as a joke, but are surprisingly effective in brawling because of their blinding feature.

This doesn't take advantage of the quirks, however. If I were building this thing for CW, I'd build it a lot differently, but for solo PUG drops, that one's pretty fun.

For CW or something that's a bit more viable (competitive rather than fun), I'd still dump the shoot-me!-missile-rack and go for something like this:

HELLSLINGER

4PPCs in the high-mounted shoulders, enough heatsinks to chainfire them for a sequence, and a couple MLs for backup. Obviously you wouldn't be brawling in it and yeah: it'll run REAL hot.

So I took your build and ran with it just a tad. Here is what I came up with:

HELLSLINGER

My weapon groups are as follows:

1 - Left ML
2 - Right ML
3 - 2x LL
4 - 2x PPCs (Chain Fire)
5 - 2x PPCs (Combined)

It runs to deadly effect without much face time if you play the hills properly. It seems like a very adequate replacement of the LRM racks while increasing survival with AMS, plenty of ammo, and speed.

It surprisingly runs quite cool despite what the smurphy % reads. I am quite surprised.

#4 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:44 AM

Glad it worked! And as you were my guinea pig on that one, I might switch mine up for CW. Well, once they fix CW and the numbers come back, anyways.

#5 Wolfwood592

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 505 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:26 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 15 January 2015 - 07:44 AM, said:

Glad it worked! And as you were my guinea pig on that one, I might switch mine up for CW. Well, once they fix CW and the numbers come back, anyways.

Aha well thanks man!

Yea it works very well, the 4ppc build was just too hot to handle with no energy gen quirks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users