My New Mwo Strategies Youtube Series

7 replies to this topic

#1 Carnivoris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

I've just uploaded the first video of my series explaining basic MWO strategy to YouTube. For some reason, YouTube has borked the video a bit (made it smaller and screwed up the quality) but, hopefully, I can get that resolved for the next episode. I think it has something to do with my encoding and I think I know how to fix it.

I see too many people just scatter when the game starts and I'm hoping these strategies will help make MWO players better players. I'm open to any suggestions or corrections you may have and I'll address the good ones in future episodes. I hope to make the game a better experience for everyone by providing some insight for new players. Hopefully, you'll think I've done a decent job of explaining some things.

#2 GODzillaGSPB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

Watching. I can't get enough MWO-YT-videos anyway. :rolleyes:

/edit: Okay...I watched it halfway through and please don't take this personally, but I've seen much better guide videos. I think they should be shorter, more to the point. But what do I know, right? Keep trying. :)

Edited by GODzillaGSPB, 10 January 2013 - 02:06 PM.

#3 Carnivoris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

I appreciate your feedback. I'll try to keep that in mind. I've been doing research and it seems that most people watching YT videos (game casting, especially) want 30 minute videos. That's why it's 30 minutes long. I didn't really pay attention to the timer except between matches. I did feel that I had stuff to talk about the whole video, though.

I'm no expert at casting. I've only been doing it a few months and only in my spare time. Hopefully, I'll get better with time.

Edited by Carnivoris, 10 January 2013 - 02:44 PM.

#4 Voridan Atreides

• 2,149 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

The scattering gets on my nerves. It allows the other team to pick you off one by one. I can understand if you are a noob, but people need to learn to listen to plans provided by team mates, stay together if needed, and to spot mechs to focus fire on. This is not a solo game if you want to win. Hope your vids bring people to "see the light".

Edited by Voridan Atreides, 10 January 2013 - 03:16 PM.

#5 Carnivoris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

View PostVoridan Atreides, on 10 January 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

Hope your vids bring people to "see the light".

That's my goal. I know PGI has provided "training grounds" videos but I don't think they cover stuff like this in-depth enough.

#6 Carnivoris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Just... as a favor... those of you who are giving thumbs down, could you at least tell me why you're personally giving thumbs down?

#7 MadPanda

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

The sound quality is not great. When ever you raise your voice, you can hear the "scratching" which is really bad. The background music was also, well... unique? :)
The video quality is also pretty poor. If I choose the highest quality setting, I should be able to read your weapon loadout and see people on the minimap, can't do either on the 480p which is your highest.
Also I agree with what godzilla is saying. I watched your video for 5 minutes and coulnd't tell where you were going with it. Get to the point faster or you are gonna lose peoples interest.

So I think you should get the sound and video quality in order first. Casting is something that is hard to get right and you can develop it over time, but you need to have the basics in check first (video&sound). (for the record, I haven't thumped down your video)

#8 Long Draw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIL, USA

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

Yeah, 10 minutes tops for training videos. Improve your recording quality to full 1920x1080p and encode with wmv HD format. Also, drop that music because honestly I couldn't stand it for more than 3 minutes watching that video.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users