Clan invasion of August 3049 (Operation Revival)

23 replies to this topic

#1 Serevn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 472 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:42 PM

So... the latest ISN news flash takes place in May 3049... only 3 months from the start of Operation Revival, the Clans invasion of the Inner Sphere in an attempt to revive the Star League :huh: i want my clan mechs already :P including Mad Cat/ Timber Wolf, Vulture/ Mad Dog, and Thor/ Summoner, you know you can't leave these out for long!!! You can throw the Supernova in that list to... >_>

#2 Kanatta Jing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

It isn't till 3050 till the Clan moves past the bandit kingdoms and enters the InnerSphere proper.

#3 Serevn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 472 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:50 PM

View PostKanatta Jing, on 24 May 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

It isn't till 3050 till the Clan moves past the bandit kingdoms and enters the InnerSphere proper.

Shame... Does that mean i'm gonna have to wait half a year or longer after the release to get my clan mechs? 0.0 Blasphemy i tell you.

#4 Cabal17

• PipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMisery

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

Its not until March 3050 I believe that the clan hits the Inner Sphere proper.

#5 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

Aff, March 3050 is when the Clans initiate Operation Revival to retake Terra. You are correct to say that August 3049 is when it starts, but it was minor periphery kingdoms and bandit worlds, the Inner Sphere for the most at large had no idea. It was not until March 3050, when the first wave was started, and the Spheroids first heard about mysterious Invaders.

#6 Skylarr

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:20 PM

In the next couple months you will start seeing ISN report about Jumpship Companies loosing ships in the Oberon Confederation.

In 3049, the worlds of the Oberon Confederation were quickly overrun by the Clan invasion. Forces from Clan Wolf defeated the defenders in short order, their technology ahead of the defenders by centuries. Because of the Hyperpulse Generator blackout, only rumours of the invasion reached the Inner Sphere at first, barely ahead of the invasion. Contact with the periphery region of the Oberon Confederation had not yet been re-established since the blackout when the Clan invasion struck.

#7 Skylarr

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:23 PM

In the beginning Stiener thought Kurita was attacking them and Kurita thought Stiener was attacking them. The House Lords lost contact with those worlds. Comstar had Communication Black outs on the worlds that were hit.

#8 LaznAzn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationCanada Eh

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

Psh, I will enjoy destroying as many clanners as I can. FREEEDOOOOOOMMMMM!

#9 Serevn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 472 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

View PostLaznAzn, on 24 May 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

Psh, I will enjoy destroying as many clanners as I can. FREEEDOOOOOOMMMMM!

Foolish Spheroid
We Clans are here to unchain you from the binds of your corrupt leaders and diabolical Houses of the Successor States and present you with true freedom. We are the saviors here.

Edited by Serevn, 24 May 2012 - 06:34 PM.

#10 Ramien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationToledo

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

View PostSerevn, on 24 May 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

Foolish Spheroid
We Clans are here to unchain you from the binds of your corrupt leaders and diabolical Houses of the Successor States and present you with true freedom. We are the saviors here.

Freedom cannot be presented as a gift.
Freedom has to be taken by those who would be free.
What are the Bloodnamed and 'trueborn' but the trappings of nobility under another name?
I will resist with every ounce of will and strength the invasion of my homeland.

#11 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:14 PM

View PostSerevn, on 24 May 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

Foolish Spheroid

you may want to go reread the lore.

#12 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

View PostGeist Null, on 24 May 2012 - 09:14 PM, said:

you may want to go reread the lore.

That was pretty accurate from the Crusader Clans perspective.

#13 LordDeathStrike

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationBanished from nearly every world of the Inner Sphere on suspicions of being an assassin.

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:21 PM

this ^

and then comstar forces a 1 year truce, so dont expect playable clanners till after the comstar truce, when the tech is nearly balanced. expect the invading clans meta game march to terra to not be player driven.

#14 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:24 PM

View PostLordDeathStrike, on 24 May 2012 - 09:21 PM, said:

this ^

and then comstar forces a 1 year truce, so dont expect playable clanners till after the comstar truce, when the tech is nearly balanced. expect the invading clans meta game march to terra to not be player driven.

Nahh, that would be poor business on their part. There are just as many Clansmen players as there are those who just want the ClanTech. Why would they wait 2 or 3 years to capitalize on the people who want to play as Clans.

#15 Drakewolff Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationDavenport Oklahoma

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:30 PM

i would like to see the Dire Wolf not for sure the timeline..

#16 ShadowofDeath

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationOuter Periphery

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:50 PM

I for one won't whine too much if the timeline is "adjusted". So long as I get my hands on a Timberwolf.

#17 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

View PostShadowofDeath, on 24 May 2012 - 09:50 PM, said:

I for one won't whine too much if the timeline is "adjusted". So long as I get my hands on a Timberwolf.

Sorry ComStar says we will not get our friggin MadCat, but here is a nice song about it http://soundcloud.co...dcat-remix-v1-0

#18 Hawkeye 72

• 1,890 posts
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:32 PM

View PostRamien, on 24 May 2012 - 09:08 PM, said:

Freedom cannot be presented as a gift.
Freedom has to be taken by those who would be free.
What are the Bloodnamed and 'trueborn' but the trappings of nobility under another name?
I will resist with every ounce of will and strength the invasion of my homeland.

Trappings of nobility? Or indebted to uphold the honor of those who came before us? Indeed we are all indebted to our past. You lay forth accusations that our Bloodnames enslave us, then turn around and proclaim your will to defend your own enslavement. Such inferior thinking could not possibly understand true enlightenment. The Bloodnames are an honor. To carry a Bloodname is to represent the past while also holding within your very self the essence of the future. You see neither the future nor the hand in front of your very face! Freedom cannot be presented as a gift? Did the Draconis Combine and Lyran Commonwealth not give "freedom" to the Free Rasalhauge Republic? If not for their cession, your state would not exist. Your freedom is but a farce-a luxury bestowed upon you by those who hold power! Soon we will take back this faux freedom. We will come, and we will liberate Terra from your filth. The cradle of humanity will once more be a shining gem among the stars and a beacon that will light the way to a new era of peace.

View PostCoffiNail, on 24 May 2012 - 09:53 PM, said:

Sorry ComStar says we will not get our friggin MadCat, but here is a nice song about it http://soundcloud.co...dcat-remix-v1-0

Yeah I heard that is an alright song :(

#19 Ramien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationToledo

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:04 AM

View PostHawkeye 72, on 24 May 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

Trappings of nobility? Or indebted to uphold the honor of those who came before us? Indeed we are all indebted to our past. You lay forth accusations that our Bloodnames enslave us, then turn around and proclaim your will to defend your own enslavement. Such inferior thinking could not possibly understand true enlightenment. The Bloodnames are an honor. To carry a Bloodname is to represent the past while also holding within your very self the essence of the future. You see neither the future nor the hand in front of your very face! Freedom cannot be presented as a gift? Did the Draconis Combine and Lyran Commonwealth not give "freedom" to the Free Rasalhauge Republic? If not for their cession, your state would not exist. Your freedom is but a farce-a luxury bestowed upon you by those who hold power! Soon we will take back this faux freedom. We will come, and we will liberate Terra from your filth. The cradle of humanity will once more be a shining gem among the stars and a beacon that will light the way to a new era of peace.

I did not mean to imply that your Bloodnames enslaved you, but that they would be used to enslave anyone who could not claim such 'hallowed' lineage. Until the Clans and the Houses learn to honor the past, but to focus on the deeds of the present, I distrust those from either perspective who think they are better than me because of who gave them their genes.

And our freedom was not given. We had been fighting for it since the time our space was divided between the Houses. If they finally figured out it was easier to let us rule ourselves rather than deal with their counterparts directly, I will not complain if fortune kept us from spilling more blood towards that goal.
Of course our existence as a nation is precarious - there is nothing in this galaxy that isn't. Recognizing that and dealing with it is the nature of humanity and what makes humans great. We are always stuck between a precipice and oncoming doom, a rock and a hard place, a frying pan and a fire, a twilight of the soul and, well, Twilight.
It is in our nature to struggle against our fates in an attempt to choose our own destinies, to avoid both dooms as long as possible - and where better to do that than in one of the 'lesser' nations where we can at least choose our own path in society?
Do not presume to tell us that you bring us freedom until you learn the meaning of the word. Until your castes have gone the way of the dodo, even your warriors are less free than the poorest amongst the Inner Sphere. At least they can attempt to better their station.

#20 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:14 AM

That is the actual invasion true, but the pre-invasion begins in 3049. The OP is correct. It was during the pre-invasion in 3049 that Phelan Kell gets captured thus altering the BT/MW universe forever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users