No replies to this topic

#1 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in a F14-Tomcat

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

You know, if I recall, a review that PC Gamer gave on this game, their exact words were: "A thinking mans' shooter"

What does that mean you ask? It means you can not expect to go into a match with your buddies or solo drop and not stick with your buddies or teammates, not have a plan of action, and EXPECT to do well.

You need to think harder and smarter.

If you want a game that does not make you think, then go back to your damn Call of Duty franchise and scream at little kids all day long for camping for all I care.

As someone already said, THINK when someone has ECM. If you get a low signal early on in a match, it is most likely a light with ECM, aka a Raven, Commando or even a Fast Medium Cicada.

If you want to use LRM's but are annoyed with ECM, then bring a TAG. It weight ONE ton, creates ZERO heat and is an ECM C-C-C-Combobreaker. If anything TAG is OP because it can bypass ALL effects of ECM.

Lastly, think with your head not your emotions and maybe, just maybe you might actually have a good match.

So c'mon guys, use what is given to you. Use that OP TAG! It freaking bypasses ECM! Who would have thought? xD

When I say what PC Gamer said about it being a thinking man' shooter, I mean think about the Mechwarriors in the Battletech universe.

Do you think they Base rushed or lone wolfed, or screwed around, or bitched over their com system or ignored orders and won the battle they won? HELL NO.

They had a plan of action and stuck with it.

If you are sadly solo dropping with pugs, stick with the largest group of pugs but no so close to the point you get splash damage from LRM's meant for another teammate, but stick with em, and focus your fire on whatever 'mech your teammate is shooting.

Two 'mechs versus 1 'mech will usually end better for the two working together.

Why do you think the British SAS run in 4 man groups? Because it is PROVEN to be effective.

So c'mon guys, just try and think a bit more, and if you can not, then maybe MW: O is not for you....

Whatever your decision is, I wish you all luck on your endeavors.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users