Help A Noob With His Jenner D

13 replies to this topic

#1 AwesomeExpress

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

Hey guys,

So after scraping up some cbills after lots of grinding up the steep *** barrier to entry this game has (skill wise) i finally got a jenner D. I have seen everywhere that people put xl engines into thier jenners but for the life of me i cant fit any size xl engine in the center torso that holds the engine. I removed the srm's and everything i could but it always says i dont have enough slots! how do you guys fit those 12 slot xl engines into jenners with only 8 slots available in the torso?

#2 Comassion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

Just take out the existing engine from the center torso and drag an XL 300 in there (make sure you have the c-bills, they're expensive). 6 of the XL engine crit slots automatically go into the side torsos, and you'll have 2 slots left over in the CT (in the D, for missiles).

Edited by Comassion, 09 November 2012 - 10:47 AM.

#3 Rogbull

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

The thing with XL's is that like stated above some slots go into the sides. This means that when you lose any part of your torso you lose your engine = dead.

The jenner is one of those mechs where you'll hardly ever lose a side before center though... Which is why XL is very good on it.

#4 AwesomeExpress

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

With the engine removed it still says not enough slots available : (

Nvm i restarted and it went in this time! that was wierd thanks anyway tho!

Edited by AwesomeExpress, 09 November 2012 - 11:04 AM.

#5 Alcibiades

Rookie

• The Howl
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

There are a few odd things with the mechlab. My strong recommendations are as follows:

1) Decide your range. Up close or long range. If you want to fight in close, you then have a choice between normal lasers and their heavier pulse counterparts. If the latter, DHS is a good buy. If not, you don't actually need DHS at their current level because you'll get equal heat dissipation (pretty much) because the DHS/XL combo means you won't have enough room for all of your heatsinks. In short: Short range w/o pulse, get Endo as your last upgrade, and not DHS. Pulse or long range: Get DHS.

2) Don't get ff armour. It's too expensive to repair to really get more cash like you probably need.

#6 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

you should be able to fit in 4xSL and 2xSSRM right now. However when you have enough CB I recommend you to go with 2xSL, 2xML and 2xSSRM, with XL300 engine, Ferro, Endo AND SHS. Costs a fortune but result is amazing. I made my Jen like that when I sold my useless giant Atlas.

#7 Vactus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 876 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

I'd say get DHS as your last upgrade because no matter what it's useful for a Jenner pilot. XL/DHS/ES is an awesome combo. ES then XL followed by DHS. However if you have no intention of keeping the -D be mindful of dhs as it's expensive to get.

Get FF eventually once you get decent with your machine. My repair bills range from 20k to 120k depending on how bad a match I had. I use all of the lightweight options on my -D and -F.

#8 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

http://www.mechspecs...y.php?14-Jenner

Go here.
Read.
Learn.
Use.

#9 Euphoric1RW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

Hi, I am currently going 113 kph with the engine that came with my Jenner D, how fast is fast enough? I have heard some swear by the 300XL engine for the Jenner, and some say the 150 kph is too fast. I already have the FF armour, the endo steel structure and the DHS upgraded. It comes with the standard 245 engine, and the only other extra I have is the beagle active probe, because I had it already from another build. So what would be a good engine to get a little more speed, maybe 120 to 130, is that fast enough?

#10 knight-of-ni

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

Ohmwrecker's Guide will tell you exactly which size engine you need based on how fast you want to go:
http://mwomercs.com/...s-excel-inside/

Me, I swear by the XL280. With that engine, you will go 142.x kph after speed tweak in a Jenner.

#11 Gulinborsti

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 185 posts
  • LocationVienna/Austria

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

Yup, XL 280 engine is all you need to have nice speed.

I am running

XL 280
Endo
Ferro
DHS
2xJump Jets
4xMedium Laser
2xStreak2

It's a very funny mech for harrassing anything but light ECM ravens.

Edited by Gulinborsti, 07 January 2013 - 03:26 PM.

#12 Euphoric1RW

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

So I don't need 5/5 jump jets, or would probably need to only use 2 to get the XL 280 engine? And how does the jenner do with only 2x JJ?

#13 knight-of-ni

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

It depends on how high you want to jump.

I just made a slight tweak to my JR7-F, which left me with only 1 jump jet (I used to have just 2). 1 jump jet is all you need to a split-second 180 degree turn against that ECM Raven that just got on your backside.

I'll let someone else respond to how high more than 1 jump jet gets you. I have not tried since jump jets were nerfed a few weeks back.

Note I read somewhere that jump jets are getting a slight buff with the next patch (tomorrow?). I beleive they are going to increase the forward motion.

#14 Eboli

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

Try to make some sacrifice to have a few JJs. Although not as powerful as they once were they really add a lot more capability to a Jenner when dealing with terrain (brilliant for Forest and Ice maps).

They are very handy when a ECM Raven/Commando are on your tail and a PITA for mechs which don't have a high shooting field when fighting them in hilly/canyon areas.

Cheers,
Eboli.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users