Joystick?

4 replies to this topic

#1 K0DIAK

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

Does this game still lack joystick support? I would much rather play with a joystick than a keyboard and mouse, not saying that I cant use the keyboard/mouse combo but it doesnt feel right. I played MW3 and MW4 in ladder leagues and have always used a joysitck.

Any info on this? Last time I played MWO (a few months ago) they didn't have joystick support either and I quit playing, I am a huge fan of the Battletech/Mechwarrior franchise and I would love to play this game more but I really need to use a joystick.

Thanks!

#2 nungunz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • 612 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

I'd check out the support forums. Someone posted some good info.

That being said, there isn't much support in-game and it isn't very high on the priority list at all. You'll be doing a lot of the setup and optimization yourself in the config files.

#3 K0DIAK

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

That really sucks, I probably won't continue playing without being able to use a joystick, though I am having some fun still. I do have a couple friends who will not play this game at all atm because there's no joystick support. What kind of mech game is this w/o joystick, I just can't get into the keyboard/mouse config to pilot a mech. ;)

Devs get to crackin' on joystick support you'd gain a handful of new users that I know of at least, I'm sure there are many more who would prefer this option.

#4 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:29 AM

There have been no changes to stick support - MWO has always supported sticks, but many are not recognised.
If your stick is not recognised, you can use my Universal Joystick Remapper to make it work with MWO.

#5 Hammerhai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 998 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:06 AM

Joystick support has been the same since about September last year. You will have to put in a lot of time anyway to tweak it through the user config. Choice of Joystick: Best is a good HOTAS, but that is expensive. There is a thread with reviews in the controls section, I think.

Good luck, if you decide to go that route feel free to post, there are many JS'ers willing to help.

Edit: A lot of the Joystick info threads can be found in the hardware section, so look there as well.

Edited by Hammerhai, 15 February 2013 - 06:09 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users