Variety And Immersion=Success For Mw

No replies to this topic

#1 Thundersquall

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

So devs,

To many games right now consist of deathmatch offerings and little else, and MW online is in that same ballpark minus the customization. How bout putting some narration/story missions into the game outside of the deathmatch mode? The key here is to keep players wanting to come back for more over the course of months hopefully years, and part of that is done by having a meaty game for them to enjoy.

Make us old time MW players feel a bit more at home. I miss having actual mission objectives to accomplish while maybe some NPC dude or chick back at base walks me through it over a com link. Yes, slaying other Mechs should always be a part of things, and maybe keep deathmatch as a standalone competitive option (After all we arent packing in Atlas's to have picnics with each other) but when every match consists of simply marching in untill you see someone to kill, more variety in how and why you do so would be good.
Also, remember MW4 Mercenaries i believe it was, when you could enter into a colloseium for quick cash and parts, working your way up the ranks? Consider that as an option. Close quarters mechs would have a field day.

Also, i would love to see an actual startup process for the Mechs. Like for a few seconds you can observe your pilot flipping switches and levers whatnot on as you hear the mech power up. After all, this is more of a simulation type game, not Hawken, so the sense of immersion should always be there. If some players did not relish the idea of this, perhaps it could be made into an On/Off option in the options menu.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users