#1 Garagano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

Welcome to the ECM only weekend! From 18.01.2013 to 21.01.2013
This weekend you have to play a ECM only mech!
All weekend long!!!

It doesn't mater what mech you play! Whether you play the newish light ECM´s Spider jumper or the laggy Raven speeder or the puny Commando or even the clumsy Circada, it doesn't matter!
You can even play the stupid LRM boating ECM Atlas,... its all the same.
They all serve the purpose to make this game an ECM only game!

You only have to play one of this game breaking ECM mechs for this event to be a part of it. So don't ask yourself, in what mech you have to play this game, for too long, before this event is over!
Just hop in the game and go "pew pew" to all the mechs with the red triangles over the head!

Just be sure to be on the "Disrupt" Mode for the enemy radar, before you go into the fight, and if needed, change to COUNTER MODE for your beloved teammates to counter the enemy scumbag ecm mechs, so that your teammates can strike them to oblivion!
To quickly change between the ECM modes, map your thumb mouse button to the J key. And YOU will be the ECM hero with it!

Just play this event on this weekend in and ECM, and show all the new players that they have absolutely no place in this freaking unbalanced game!

hf&gl

#2 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Only one ECM 'mech? I was planning on AFK farming with at least 3 of them...

#3 Shismar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Sad thing, I think I am done with the ECM variants I play. But sure, go ahead. The more the merrier.

#4 Dagnome

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 906 posts
  • LocationNew Hampster

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Know whats great? A spider with ECM and a ER PPC going 137kph. Good times, good times.

#5 Hansh0tfirst

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

Waaaaaah, my Jenner/LRMboat/Streakcat is no longer OP in this freaking unbalanced game!

#6 Kaspirikay

• Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

im actually leveling my 2x and 4x raven now so i can be more pro in my pro 3L because i have so much skill.

#7 Mancu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

View PostHansh0tfirst, on 18 January 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

Waaaaaah, my Jenner/LRMboat/Streakcat is no longer OP in this freaking unbalanced game!

Sorry to break it too you but your no-skill ECM win button is getting nerfed. Garth posted this week that PGI considers it too powerful and they just have to decide how to nerf it. So abuse the win button while you can...

#8 Icebound

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

View PostMancu, on 18 January 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

Sorry to break it too you but your no-skill ECM win button is getting nerfed. Garth posted this week that PGI considers it too powerful and they just have to decide how to nerf it. So abuse the win button while you can...

Finally. They're not even fun to play due to how broken they are. Although I can't help but feel like if the netcode was actually functioning it wouldn't be such a big deal.

#9 Rvannith

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

View PostIronEagle, on 18 January 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

Got that ECM Raven today ...

Remind me to core you even if we're on the same team...

#10 Toe Cutter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostIcebound, on 18 January 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

Finally. They're not even fun to play due to how broken they are. Although I can't help but feel like if the netcode was actually functioning it wouldn't be such a big deal.

Agreed, while ECM was implemented rather poorly, it can be handled at times. Paired with the netcode it sucks most of the fun out of the game. Lets hope their fix is subtle and well thought out, not just their over used nerf hammer.

#11 darkfall13

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 298 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

Posted Image

#12 vilezoidberg

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

View Postdarkfall13, on 18 January 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

Posted Image

No, I've got a Jenner. I just pewpew and scoot away

#13 Alilua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 362 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

Posted Image

I've never owned one and have been feeling the hurt.

#14 Demoned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 670 posts
  • Locationi Died went to heaven, then died again now I'm in Equestria

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

i do own a 2D commando but i hardly ever play him :P
does this count?

but I've not had to much trouble with ECM since it came about
why because i never run a SSRM/LRM build :)

#15 ArmandTulsen

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Posted Image

Epic reference.

#16 shabowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

Where did he say this?

#17 Mancu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

In this thread http://mwomercs.com/...s/page__st__160 Garth posted this:

This'll be my last post on the subject, as Paul mentioned what we're doing in regards to speaking to the changes.

ECM being used on all ECM-able Mechs does show that it is overly powerful. The reason no changes have been made is it takes time to figure out what, exactly, is making that the reason. Is it the lock prevention? The 'cloak'? The range it works at? The weight? Crit space? Variants that use it? That it makes LRMs incapable of lock? SSRMs?

So while total numbers used isn't an indicator it's fine, it does mean people won't just go to ECM because it makes you instantly win. In fact, many builds aren't affected by ECM at all (my Cicada, in particular, does not discriminate.)

So we use that, suggestions, feedback, numbers gathered, watching 8v8's, etc, and eventually we come up with ideas. Then we test them. Tweak them. Test them. Tweak them. etc.

So while I'd love to tell you what changes we've made, none are in stone and until I have something to tell you that won't be wrong as of 9am the next day, I will.

I hope you all understand, we don't do this to be cruel, we do it because there is, quite literally, nothing of use to tell you yet, beyond that we've gathered our data, your suggestions, and are going through testing them now.

#18 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

This is excellent news. Coupled with the re-activation of knockdown, maybe PGI can get a more balanced game with respect to ECM. The other issue is that ECM also involves jamming enemy communications in order to dusrupt combat operations - movement to contact, the meeting engagement, etc. Unless VOIP in-game is forced upon the player base, the ECM suite is not being implemented properly. To that, you can't say all or none because you still need the scout role. You need all or some, and the some "adjustments" need to include the ECM field only covering the scout. The area of coverage for a communications jammer is, based on the amount of power being transmitted by it, is in the tens of kilometers and you can have pinpoint or barrage jamming. That effectively removes that capability from MW:O considering how small the maps are. Radar jamming extends even further and involves even more power. people need to keep in mind that the writers/drafters of BT lore had no practical experience in these technologies, hell, how many of them do you think have ever fired a single bullet from a weapon or even launched an Estes model rocket. PGI can inject some reality into the game. It just takes some research and experience to make things more believable.

Plus, ECM should be able to be disrupted for 20-30 seconds after taking a PPC shot to the section it's mounted in. Three shots and it's destroyed.

(game balance until the Clan mechs are brought in, of course.) (I say push the timeline back to 3025 and eliminate the headache)

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 19 January 2013 - 08:25 AM.

#19 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

View PostDagnome, on 18 January 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

Know whats great? A spider with ECM and a ER PPC going 137kph. Good times, good times.

I yell "PULL" every time a spider goes vertical.

#20 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

can I see it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users