#781 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 21 November 2022 - 05:50 PM

View PostDing Toast is Ready, on 20 November 2022 - 05:39 PM, said:

Just leaving the last match in the past where it belongs or at least long enough to want to make the next one work. Some way to switch gears without dropping the game for the night entirely. If I'm not playing, I'm not getting better at it.

Well, you can't control your teammates, but you can try talking to them and hope for the best.

Besides that, you can play with up to 4 friends as a team. At least that can make it so you have 3 other people you can rely on within a match.

Otherwise, I'd just concentrate on your own performance, trying to help the team as best as you can when you can. If someone shouts "hold locks, I got LRMs", don't hold a lock at the expense of your own performance/gameplay. (However, it typically is still wise to get and hold locks when you can, as you can.) Work your own skills, and practice a variety of different combat roles and tactics.

As an example, you had mentioned your assault lance wondering off on their own. You don't have to go with them to their deaths if they charge into the enemy alone, but you can provide some extra firepower and support (if possible) for them until they do end up dropping. Try to leverage their action to your (and hopefully your team's) benefit.

Overall, while following the rules, find out what is fun for you to do. Don't worry about wins and losses too much. Just play to have fun.

#782 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,575 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 24 November 2022 - 11:28 AM

... thanks.

#783 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,575 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 24 November 2022 - 07:45 PM

It's a competitive game - of course we're all trying to win. And then we mix the teams up and do it all again. That doesn't mean we're all hostile, antisocial jackasses with no redeeming value in the game.

Don't project your bad attitudes onto me. You need to maybe take a step back and work on you for a while; this game may not be good for you. You just spat on people that have been trying to help you from the moment you walked into this forum with a giant chip on your shoulder, myself included. I spent that time because I enjoy the game, despite the frustrating matches, and want other people to have fun too.

But no, you want to be mad, ask for help, and then slap the hand that's offered. "Be real," indeed.

Edited by Void Angel, 24 November 2022 - 07:46 PM.

#784 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,575 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 25 November 2022 - 01:49 PM

... That's one of the most toxically anti-social things I've ever heard - and I've been on League of Legends! You're playing a team game, with a huge learning curve - and you "draw a hard line" at treating people nicely enough in a video game to be friends online... Then you worry about whether someone is going to "take credit" for your skills? Don't worry; you're safe.

I hate to break it to you, but NOTHING you know is stuff you "figured out by yourself." You may have put in work to learn things, but those things were taught and modeled for you by someone else, starting from INFANCY. Getting help is part of membership in the human race, and refusing to ask for it out of misplaced pride isn't helpful to anyone - least of all to you. It's increasingly clear here that many of the problems you're having are problems you brought with you, and you're going to have to figure them out - if you don't want them to keep dogging you for the rest of your life.

There are people who can help you with that, and talking to them isn't a weakness.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users