The Spider King!

41 replies to this topic

#1 Doc Kyth

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

It is I the Spider King! Some of you have had the honor of playing with me, some of you have had the pleasure of dying from my venom, and some of you probably thinking I'm crazy. Fear me!

Now for the less goofy info. I through this video together from some footage I took last night playing with some buddies. Four of us got together and wanted to try something different. From this, the Spider Lance was born! I hope you guys (and gals) enjoy this video. Please like, comment, and/or subscribe for more of the Spider King and future videos of goofy MWO stuff.

Now, on to the video!

#2 Denno

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

Can't wait for collisions to reapear. :)

#3 WarWrecker

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationAt Computer

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

got 400 damage and 4 kills today in a spider. ECM one of course

#4 herosson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

Good job, try try playing in a mech anyone can hit..............yawn.

#5 Vilemind

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Wonder if they will start tracking how much friendly fire damage you do and take?

#6 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

You might want to be the Spider Queen. The Spider King get's eaten for a snack after coitus...

#7 Doc Kyth

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

View PostDenno, on 18 January 2013 - 05:31 PM, said:

Can't wait for collisions to reapear. :)

Yeah, lag shields are still silly. I'm really looking forward to collision coming back in. Every other mech I own is an assault I just wanted to mix it up a bit and try something really new. If this thing goes toe to toe with a Raven-3L it will get blown out of the water every time thanks to those nasty streaks.

View PostWarWrecker, on 18 January 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

got 400 damage and 4 kills today in a spider. ECM one of course

I average about 200 damage a round but my best so far was 455 with 1 kill and 7 assists. Fun stuff.

View Postverybad, on 18 January 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

You might want to be the Spider Queen. The Spider King get's eaten for a snack after coitus...

Definitely going to stick with the King... I'll take the risks.

This is definitely a cheese video. Just fun, silly stuff that I thought might get a laugh out of a few people.

#8 Ashnod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Mastered my spider today, blast to pilot - streaks and LRM's are really really really really bad news, but anyhow best I got was 600 damage and 5 kills in one round... Also somehow raised my KDR from 10.90 to 11.11 playing it... Silly

#9 Countersnip3r

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

I like to play as the "Glass Spider" from time to time. Spider 5D with 1 PPC, ECM, 8 JJ, and very little in the way of armor. Jump up on a hill and snipe till the game ends. I am usually the last person left on the team (if we don't win) because no one pays attention to the small profile hitting from 800m.

#10 Tex1013

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 75 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

View PostDoc Kyth, on 18 January 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

It is I the Spider King!

Crazy Pilot. Spiders have Queens, not Kings.

#11 Dreamslave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • LocationUpstate New York

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

Ran into eachother and other mechs so often. Fun to watch, but so many players have developed awful habits. The tears on the forums when collisions return will taste so sweet.

#12 CrashieJ

• 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

View PostDreamslave, on 18 January 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

Ran into eachother and other mechs so often. Fun to watch, but so many players have developed awful habits. The tears on the forums when collisions return will taste so sweet.

especially for light mechs that actually know how to pilot, which sucks right now because "passing through" other mechs IS a viable tactic as long as collisions are not implemented

edit: I know how to pilot, but if "evasive maneuvers" get you killed faster than just walking into each-other then we have a problem

Edited by gavilatius, 18 January 2013 - 08:08 PM.

#13 Corbon Zackery

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

You havn't tried the 4mg 1 flamer Spider pointless but fun.

#14 Dovvol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

My stalker eats spiders for a snack.... Seriously though, while those little buggers are annoying and a little aggravating, I do enjoy pumping them full of streaks or just melting them with lazers. Don't forget the window for ECM is only 180m, so from 180m to about 250m you can still lock on and fire with SSRMs. I just wait for a couple to circle an Atlas and I just sit back and patiently wait for my opportunity to light them up. Now when they're circling me, that takes a little more patience and finesse but still doable.

#15 mekabuser

• Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

I remember russ and garth talking about how they wanted something different for mwo instead of the circle of death...
endlessly circling a mech @ 130 kph with 3 other mechs doing the same thing on coms is the low end of the spectrum.

You dont seem like a bad dude OP, but isnt there a tiny voice in your head that says maybe what you are doing isnt exactly the spirit of fair play?

I mean its almost the equivalent of intentionally beaning in the head every single batter on the opposing team till there is no one left to step into the batters box.. <baseball>.
I just dont get the allure to such a playstyle.

#16 Doc Kyth

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

It just comes back to the whole "collision" thing which I think we can move past. Lights really shouldn't be able to stand toe-to-toe with an Atlus but due to a plethora of things currently in the game they can.

We tried multiple builds, including one guy I know playing the 4mg 1 flamer spider. Weird guy.

Lights "should" be little more than scouting/harassing/capping mechs but, again, they get away with being so much more. And it's fun to sometimes sit back and just cheese away!

#17 Doc Kyth

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

View Postmekabuser, on 18 January 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

I remember russ and garth talking about how they wanted something different for mwo instead of the circle of death...
endlessly circling a mech @ 130 kph with 3 other mechs doing the same thing on coms is the low end of the spectrum.

You dont seem like a bad dude OP, but isnt there a tiny voice in your head that says maybe what you are doing isnt exactly the spirit of fair play?

I mean its almost the equivalent of intentionally beaning in the head every single batter on the opposing team till there is no one left to step into the batters box.. <baseball>.
I just dont get the allure to such a playstyle.

I can totally see where you are coming from. Truly, I do. The fact of the matter is, sometimes it's just fun to cut loose and do wacky things.

Do I always play silly builds? No.
Is it fun to be silly and try new things out? Yes.

This wouldn't be much of a game if you had to be serious every single time you logged in. At that point it sounds more like a job.

#18 mekabuser

• Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

roger that lol
Next time.. pick your target and one after the other JJ straight at him weapons blazing!
Thats video footage..
:)
~S~

#19 Johnny Reb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

I would never call the spider a good light, heh the flea, however, I want one of each mech. (elited) My spider build is passable. 2 ml, 1 LL, top speed. It is ok. Real matches, never!

#20 4er3BaPa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • LocationSerov, Russia

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

Lagshield King - true

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users