2 replies to this topic

#1 Goreheart

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 15 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

So I have been playing for awhile now. Almost strictly as an Atlas pilot. I have mastered my 3 variants and now I have racked up something like 150,000 mech xp in one of them. I don't want to spend the money to convert it to general xp considering I will earn what I need eventually.

This then is going out to others and the DEVs... just an idea. If you could start another skill tree for the mech xp. Call it something like "Rank" and offer titles to spending certain amounts of mech xp. These titles could reflect military ranks and other catchy titles. Certain titles could also have requirements attach to them... say last man standing or 5 kills in a match. Then even higher titles require repeats of such achievements or 100 kills... say for a title like "Ace"

Another possiblity is upon gaining such titles is to gain certain perks or acess to a special map.

I saw this idea in another thread... "Tech" tree which allows you to do small changes to your mech. Move one hard point around or add a differen type of hardpoint. Or maybe allow to add addition slot in the main body or head of a mech.

The last idea was a "Background Tree" which would add a like flavor to the game... because you would be able to gain small perks from different background paths. Say your mech was a family hand-me down, you would get this certain perk that would be different than say a perk that you would get if you chose say "West Point" graduate...

Just ideas that I hope others might like...

#2 WM LordOrange

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 68 posts
  • Locationcalifornia

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

time to use another mech buddy

#3 Alphawolf

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 96 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

I wish to thank you Hoehammer for being the thankless Atlas driver for so long as to build up that much excess xp on a Atlas. That takes dedication and I am sure you did not like doing it all the time. But I have to agree with LordOrange, there are so many other mechs to rank up. I hear the Stalker is a good choice for a Atlas killer or broden your mech bay with some lights and meds. Get a taste of the fast lane.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users