A Few Suggestions

No replies to this topic

#1 Steven Dixon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 621 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

First let me say that I really enjoy the game, but here are a few suggestions for the devs to consider. Does anyone else think that these could be good ideas or not?

ECM: I dont really think ECM is OP. I think it adds an interesting dynamic, although it might be too effective for only 1.5 tons, perhaps increasing the weight could help balance it or perhaps having the ECM cost heat (maybe it even gets hotter the longer its on). I know that either of these suggestions go against TT rules but even though Im an old school fan of the rules I personally wouldn't have any problem with it. I ignored the most obvious solution, which is to just create more effective counters to ECM because my understanding is the devs are already aware of this and are considering it.

Jump Jets: I used to love jump jets, if anything they were really fun to use, and no I didn't use the exploit of only having 1 JJ, at least not much :). Im not a fan of them right now. Its not a deal breaker for me but I no longer use JJs in mechs. I hope you change the mechanic to be more like the original or improve it in a different direction.

Lights: I enjoy playing both lights and assaults (occasionally meds and heavies, although mostly I play my Founders Atlas), but I fear that lights are going to be reduced in numbers when lag shield goes away. Now lag shield should of course go away, its terrible (and I know the devs are activly working on eliminating it), but I don't think it will hurt to consider the future post lag-shield. Lights won't go extinct but I think they will be much more rare. One possiblity is to give a weight bonus to mechs, for example if you're using a 20ton mech you get +25% C-Bills/XP if you're in a 50ton you get +15%, in a 90ton you get +1% and if you're in a 100ton you get nothing, or something like this. If your worried about players getting too much money you can simply nerf the general rewards. I think this would encourage players to use lights and meds more.

PPCs: I know the devs are working on PPCs. The static effect would be cool. Another suggestion is to remove the minimum range on PPCs and to compensate make ER PPCs do a bit more damage. Both PPCs should also be given a small damage boost in addition in my opinion.

AC/20: the AC/20 is better now then it was at launch, although still not perfect and its still being worked on. However one thing that bothered me is the sound, I think that for such a large cannon it should have a more impressive boom, of course ymmv.

Paint-Jobs: I would buy every paint job and color you release if they were permanent like the PC Gamer skin/colors. Even if you charged significantly more for them. The fact that they aren't unlocked puts a psychological block in me that makes me want to wait and ultimately never make the purchase. The current camos are themselves permanent but I mean having the pattern be unlocked so you could put it on a different mech or change back and forth. I know its probably too late to make such a change but its just my 2c-bills. Edit: as a side note perhaps sometime way in the future you could also give us a 3rd person view of our mech while the fight loads up, this isn't such a frivolous thing because paintjobs are a serious moneymaker and I think people would be more interested in coughing up MCs for cosmetics if they could see them more often than just the mechbay.

Edited by Steven Dixon, 19 January 2013 - 06:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users