The Secret Behind Pgi's Double Xp Weekend...

48 replies to this topic

#41 Toong

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 427 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

Or you could just enjoy the free XP instead of complaining.

#42 BerryChunks

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

I was hoping for the double EXP weekend to bring soem good /tinfoilinghat threads.

#43 Rift Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 532 posts
  • LocationThe moon

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

View PostTexas Merc, on 19 January 2013 - 03:41 AM, said:

I think you should contact your ISP

+1

I have absolutely no problem with this patch. Maybe if you didn't have a 200+ ping, you wouldn't have that problem.

#44 BerryChunks

Dezgra

• 1,000 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

View PostValore, on 19 January 2013 - 04:06 AM, said:

Okay. Then explain 1:19 where the missiles and AC round flies off at an angle where my reticule is :)

I average 800 damage a round in most brawlers. After the New Year, its gone down to around 80 because of the rubberbanding. That's all it is.

Also may want to consider how possible it is it might be someone not bothering to hit 'R' anymore, because he's had 3 weeks or so of crappy rubberbanding, and command delay means hitting 'r' takes 1 - 2 seconds to register.

That oblique angle missile firing is a known bug that happens to people a lot. Nothing to do with lag.

View PostImperial X, on 19 January 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

+1

I have absolutely no problem with this patch. Maybe if you didn't have a 200+ ping, you wouldn't have that problem.

I could play MW3 just fine on dial up. "lagshield" wasn't even a word back then, yet people understood the "aim ahead of the model visual to hit" bit just fine. In fact, it didn't really matter what your lat was (as long as it wasn't 1000+ terrible), if your connection was steady, where to shoot was so steady that you could always hit, if you had learned where and how to shoot in previous games.

#45 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

As it is open beta, I would think that PGI would simply ask that as many players as possible log on and play at a certain time for a given period of time.

double XP is bribery for a distraction to the balance issues and the other stuff that people do not especially like.

Just sayin'

#46 BerryChunks

Dezgra

• 1,000 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

View PostTaizan, on 19 January 2013 - 06:33 AM, said:

It looks like the client and server positional information re-sync you to a prior state, TBH this is usually caused by high latency & packet loss - information is lost on the way and the server corrects the position, velocity and aiming angle of your mech.

same issue as two mechs "colliding" causing you to jitter in place.
Or trying to walk over something that you client says is walkable, but the server says isn't.

#47 Valore

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostBerryChunks, on 19 January 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

I could play MW3 just fine on dial up. "lagshield" wasn't even a word back then, yet people understood the "aim ahead of the model visual to hit" bit just fine. In fact, it didn't really matter what your lat was (as long as it wasn't 1000+ terrible), if your connection was steady, where to shoot was so steady that you could always hit, if you had learned where and how to shoot in previous games.

Exactly. Previously ping had nothing to do with the game performance. Leading stuff is something you learn playing outside the US.

What people are getting right now, that's something else altogether. Funny how people will jump up and point fingers at everything ranging from your ISP to your cat sitting near your modem rather than consider that something has gone wrong on the server end.

#48 Mongoose Trueborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 742 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

+1 for how horrible it's been this weekend. Nearly unplayable. I take back everything positive I said about the last patch. Must have been the low server overhead. Game was good then. On a full load the production hardware just isn't good enough.

#49 M4NTiC0R3X

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

Ya I thought only a handful of users would see a decline in performance...

Well I sure did.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users