Is There Anything On The Horizon That Is Going To Save This Game?

51 replies to this topic

#41 Pan Damonium

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Locationdrifting out of fuel in the vacuum while enjoying a nap

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

View PostLightfoot, on 20 January 2013 - 04:57 AM, said:

Of course CW will tie it all together, but CW can't do it all. There needs to be content for CW to spin.

This. I think the negativity field surrounding these forums should be channeled into petty war and political intrigue...the way life is meant to be. Fighting over the same pieces of land (which all are mine now, btw) is getting to people. Time to throw us a story line bone.

Edited by Pan Damonium, 20 January 2013 - 10:06 PM.

#42 jakucha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

Game forums are where the drama happens, and rarely where useful game-related discussion takes place. I'm just interested to see the game post-beta.

#43 StandingCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

The game may not be doomed, but I am pretty sure the numbers are down, by a lot. I can tell you a lot of people in my unit are burnt out, and ECM is a large reason for it....

I would also say, without drop weight limits, that role warfare has taken a large step backwards... mediums and to a lesser extent, heavies are supposed to be what is seen on the field more often, not lights and assaults. A team of 8 should have 1-2 lights and maybe 1 assault max. I'd love to see a drop limit on an 8 man team around 500 tons, and if you didn't make it a hard limit, make it a soft limit so that if you drop too heavy, you get less mechs... so you could drop with 5 atlases, but you could be facing a team of 8 that is well balanced.

Edited by StandingCow, 20 January 2013 - 10:14 PM.

#44 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

in communist PGI, we need underground news station.

[Redacted]

this thread will get closed soon. like the FB page
they may be able to censor our right to assembly here on the forums but not elsewhere.

Edited by Egomane, 21 January 2013 - 03:14 AM.
Removed a link

#45 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

View PostTennex, on 20 January 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

in communist PGI, we need underground news station.

[Redacted]

this thread will get closed soon. like the FB page
they may be able to censor our right to assembly here on the forums but not elsewhere.

ibtl, the last thread that named that page got it in 3 sec after the post was made

Edited by Egomane, 21 January 2013 - 03:07 AM.
Removed link from quote

#46 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 20 January 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

ibtl, the last thread that named that page got it in 3 sec after the post was made

Yup sure did :(
I bookmarked the FB link though thanks

#47 Rifter

• 2,230 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 20 January 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

The sad thing is trolling the forums now is orders of magnatude more fun that actually playing the game.

#48 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

View PostRifter, on 20 January 2013 - 10:29 PM, said:

The sad thing is trolling the forums now is orders of magnatude more fun that actually playing the game.

lol, true, Im kinda waiting for the whole netcode thing to get fixed (if ever) cause Im sick of having to guess where the light actually is with lasers and having them talk **** about the fact that they killed be cause....

Posted Image

just add in ecm as well

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 20 January 2013 - 10:35 PM.

#49 PC_Joe

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

I don’t get it guys, if you don’t like the post move on! Without a bump it will drift off into obscurity. You do understand that whining about someone whining makes you a hypocrite! chez, I had to sift through 3 pages of garbage. But I do want to thank the guys who actually put in some good points, all 4 of you I think.

I don’t think I actually said the game is doomed, I put a list of thing I hate about the game and asked if there was anything planned to save it. Save it from a purely “my” perspective.

@Adridos, I hope your right collision might just turn the light tidy.

@Elkarlo, I’m a Mech-Lab addict, I have 14 Mechs and every module/upgrade there is. Everyone just jumped to the conclusion I’m doing poorly in game. I kill more than I die so I think I do OK. My issue is the game has become boring (for me, chez let me head you of there). To me there is no tactics or simulation anymore. Before you could play as a missile boat, or rig your mech as a slugger and shock mechs who had mixed role loadouts. These different styles allowed you to play the game different ways, but now everyone is packing the same stuff and working the same exploits.

A few guys listed all this cool stuff coming out, but when? And how long can someone get away with pulling the Beta card out overtime something goes pair shaped. I agree with AzOr, as soon as you ask for money a higher standard needs to be expected. No matter what you call it.

I just want to know theres hope :(

#50 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

View PostLtKickass, on 20 January 2013 - 11:29 PM, said:

I don’t get it guys, if you don’t like the post move on! Without a bump it will drift off into obscurity. You do understand that whining about someone whining makes you a hypocrite! chez, I had to sift through 3 pages of garbage. But I do want to thank the guys who actually put in some good points, all 4 of you I think.

I don’t think I actually said the game is doomed, I put a list of thing I hate about the game and asked if there was anything planned to save it. Save it from a purely “my” perspective.

@Adridos, I hope your right collision might just turn the light tidy.

@Elkarlo, I’m a Mech-Lab addict, I have 14 Mechs and every module/upgrade there is. Everyone just jumped to the conclusion I’m doing poorly in game. I kill more than I die so I think I do OK. My issue is the game has become boring (for me, chez let me head you of there). To me there is no tactics or simulation anymore. Before you could play as a missile boat, or rig your mech as a slugger and shock mechs who had mixed role loadouts. These different styles allowed you to play the game different ways, but now everyone is packing the same stuff and working the same exploits.

A few guys listed all this cool stuff coming out, but when? And how long can someone get away with pulling the Beta card out overtime something goes pair shaped. I agree with AzOr, as soon as you ask for money a higher standard needs to be expected. No matter what you call it.

I just want to know theres hope :(

I made a few similar threads and I agree once you say can I have money your game is launched.

#51 ivr56

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

Netcode got a little beter last patch. I can do enough dammage with mediums and the LBX to scare off or rip on lights now :(
Plus stick to your team and coordinate fire, lights go pop pop.

#52 Major Derps

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

View PostAz0r, on 20 January 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

You can call it open ALPHA for all the difference it makes. Once a game is accepting payments in the MMO world the game is considered launched.

So it was launched in closed beta? I fail to see your logic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users