Oh, Look, More Hero Mechs

110 replies to this topic

#1 zverofaust

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:05 AM

I don't know about you but I sure am glad PGI is putting in the time and dedication to make more Hero Mechs available to us. I'd much prefer spending $30 for a virtual Mech, even if it means they aren't spending that effort expanding on the rest of the game and introducing things like Community Warfare and player-driven gameplay dynamics. You know, making it so that we actually have something fun and interesting to do with those Hero Mechs besides queue up in pointless random battle after random battle after random battle. But who wants that right? Nobody.

Keep up the good work PGI. Oh, and don't let those haters get to you. Clearly MWO is still in beta right? So it's totally cool. I mean, it's not like you're introducing more and more monetization options to rake in the cash while delivering very little content except more monetization options. Anyone who says that is an *****.

#2 Lorcan Lladd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:06 AM

Good morning to you as well.

#3 Grraarrgghh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 829 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:06 AM

Oh look, another terrible post completely missing the point by zverofaust.

Keep up the good work zverofaust, maybe one day you'll post something spergy enough to be featured on the SquawkBox.

Edited by Grraarrgghh, 28 February 2013 - 09:32 AM.

#4 FactorlanP

• 1,574 posts
  • LocationMy Wallet is closed until I see real progress.

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

Troll is troll

#5 Congzilla

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

Yeah creating a new skin must bring all of the other teams work to a grinding halt.

#6 Iron Hyena

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 221 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:08 AM

Omg, go away trolls, everyone hates you.

#7 zverofaust

• 2,093 posts
  • LocationMontreal

View PostGrraarrgghh, on 28 February 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

Keep up the good work zverofaust, maybe one day you'll post something spergy enough to be featured on the SquawkBox.

The what?

#8 Voridan Atreides

• 2,149 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

I hope you are having a sunshine filled day today OP.

#9 Grimlox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 511 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

I look forward to new hero mechs. I'm sure lots of other people do as well. Sorry to hear that you don't.

#10 Grraarrgghh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 829 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

View Postzverofaust, on 28 February 2013 - 09:08 AM, said:

The what?

Shouldn't you have QUITE FOREVAR FOR REALZIES GUYS like, 3 times now?

#11 Voridan Atreides

• 2,149 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:10 AM

View Postzverofaust, on 28 February 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

I don't know about you but I sure am glad PGI is putting in the time and dedication to make more Hero Mechs available to us. I'd much prefer spending $30 for a virtual Mech, even if it means they aren't spending that effort expanding on the rest of the game and introducing things like Community Warfare and player-driven gameplay dynamics. You know, making it so that we actually have something fun and interesting to do with those Hero Mechs besides queue up in pointless random battle after random battle after random battle. But who wants that right? Nobody.

Keep up the good work PGI. Oh, and don't let those haters get to you. Clearly MWO is still in beta right? So it's totally cool. I mean, it's not like you're introducing more and more monetization options to rake in the cash while delivering very little content except more monetization options. Anyone who says that is an *****.

FEED HIM TO THE BIRDS!!!!!

Edited by Voridan Atreides, 28 February 2013 - 09:10 AM.

#12 Cairbre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 163 posts
  • LocationHoly Terra

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:10 AM

How exactly do you think advanced features are funded? Reskinning existing models and monkeying with hardpoints is a high profit activity- broad game changes that will be free to everyone are not. These heroes, like Atlas, will support the world on their shoulders until it is complete. Keep the faith, and keep funding them- it is coming. Besides, the game is called mercs- of course they're moneygrubbing sellswords!

#13 Warrax the Chaos Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 925 posts
  • LocationMyrror

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

They stated long before CB even started that they would "release" the game in it's absolutely minimum playable state, and the people rejoiced (yay), because they wanted to play sooner rather than later.

They call it an open beta, but that is pretty much where we are now. I'm okay with it myself. One could argue that constant development, never really reaching "completion", is the double-edged advantage/disadvantage of the online F2P business model.

#14 PoLaR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 620 posts
  • LocationEast Bay

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:12 AM

Someday, there will be so much content in this game that people will not be able to choose this topic to whine about.

Can't f***in' wait.

#15 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:12 AM

View PostGrraarrgghh, on 28 February 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

Even the goon gets it. I swear, Sverofaust, I've never seen someone so angry and negative about a game that CONTINUES to play the game. Maybe you should uninstall, stop posting, and do something that will give you 100% guaranteed appreciation?

#16 GT Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 204 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

Posted Image

#17 Josef Nader

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,243 posts

Because the guys making textures for existing 3D models are -exactly- the same guys programming CW features, building new maps, creating new mechs, etc. etc. etc.

Oh wait, no they aren't.

#18 zverofaust

• 2,093 posts
  • LocationMontreal

View PostGrraarrgghh, on 28 February 2013 - 09:09 AM, said:

Shouldn't you have QUITE FOREVAR FOR REALZIES GUYS like, 3 times now?

If by "QUITE FOREVER FOR REALZIES GUYS" you mean "got my refund, giving up any real hope this game will be anything more than a cash-grab on a dead IP, but will check back every so often to see if I'm wrong", then it's actually once.

BUT HEH AT LEAST I DIDN'T SPEND $15 TO REGISTER HERE

#19 Bodhi

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 69 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

It really serves no point to bash the OP. He/She obviously has a desire to see additional content. There is nothing wrong in wanting additional content. Delivery might be a bit rough, but I feel it is his/her right to express his/herself so long as they are not vulgar or name calling while doing it.

I think people really need to step back and think before insulting others. Seriously.

#20 NintenJoe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 111 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

sucked into another zerofaust thread

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users