War Orphans Rp: Ooc Thread

Fiction

719 replies to this topic

#41 TheFlyingScotsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

You need to learn to share. What's the point of having a pet Elemental if you wont even let your friends play fetch with him?

#42 guardian wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

Alright, here's the bios I have ready for Sparky to choose from....

Mech pilot bio

Mech, SHD-2K modified
Armament: 1 PPC (LT), 1 medium laser (RA), 1 Tag laser (RA), 1 dagger like sword (LA) (still weighs three tons Rogue), 275 engine, 6.5 tons of armor

Name: William Wolford (call him 'Bill' and see what happens)
Callsign: Shade
Role: Battlefield sniper, Recon, Headhunter
Date of Birth: 3025
Planet of Birth: Taurus
-Appearance-
Picture: N/A
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 185 lbs
Hair Color: brown
Hair Style: buzz cut
Eye Color: brown
Background: Born and raised in a hard life, William's parents divorced violently, and when he was ten, killed each other. He went to a military school which cured his anger issues, temporarily. On the outside people tend to see a calm, collected, below average intelligence in him. Once you actually meet him though, you'll find he is brilliant, and depending on the situation, he can have a very short fuse, scatter brained as all be h3ll, and medically insane. He suffers from dual personality disorder, with acute symptoms of schizophrenia, and his second personality is constantly in communication with him. What he says though, varies very quickly from a thoughtful second opinion, to more violent (this is what causes William to get very angry quickly), and back again. At times he has been known to suffer acute schizophrenia where the second personality takes over, and William essentially loses consciousness. The last and final bit of Will's personality, is that he purposely acts stupid, one to seem normal, and two, so that when he decides to reveal a moment of genius, he gets the satisfaction of seeing the stupid look on the person's face. He also has the greatest wish that he wasn't so smart, and that he could be like everyone else, because he is a true believer that ignorance is bliss.

Marine and tanker choice bios coming soon.

#43 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

Marine Bio

Name: Barrett "Bubba" or "Boe" Jackson

Size: 6'7", weighs 260 lbs

Hair: Brown, buzz cut

Eye color: Brown

Facial features: Large gash over left eye

Bio: Born and raised in the Periphery, Bubba was never in one place for long. He is a kind hearted man who is described as a saint by his friends, well what's left of them. He got the scar in a chance firefight and a IED exploded next to his humvee. He decided to go to the Lyran military so he could have a chance to get some money, and then learn in some major college, military or otherwise, and when he was finished with his several years of service, he moved back to the Sevren. Bubba is not book smart by any stretch of the imagination, but is logically, and street smart. He can think on his feet, and his couple of years in the Lyran military have helped him develop his work ethic that he was using here as a local armorer for the infantry garrison. Bubba will be the first to put himself in harm's way if that means that he could save someone else, as he has a general disregard for his own life, when it comes to others.

Also, I know Rogue knows he doesn't need an invitation, but please do submit any criticisms for these bios as they come.

#44 TheFlyingScotsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

Also, I set Asfrid's second post the morning of the 20th (A bit past where everyone is) so people can react to her broadwave sos. If anyone wants any comminication or whatnot with her in your/my next post, I'd love to do a cooperative bit.

#45 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

*Is amazed that Rogue hasn't said anything about bios so far continues on tank crew bio*

Tank Crew
(Tank Commander)
Name: Frank Shultz

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 220 lbs (in good shape, not olympian, but good shape)

Weapons: SMG inside tank, slug thrower pistol

Weapon position: Mounted MG on top of turret

Short Bio: Frank signed up with the Lyran armored Corps, and was up for consideration in piloting battlemechs, but due to the fact that he just so happened to knock up the commanding officer's daughter, he was denied the application. So instead he was assigned to the tank corps where he got a small crew of misfits in their new Myrmidon, The Iron Keg. Going for a more old fashioned style of tank, Frank and his crew stripped off the SRM- 6 and instead mounted two machine guns in their place, one in the turret, next to the main cannon, and one on top for Frank. The extra tonnage left over went to its namesake, alcohol and ammo. They have a full stock of kegs in the tank, right next to the air intake valve to keep them cold, and the other one and a half tons went to MG ammo. Finally Frank has a little experience against pirates in his tank, but not against actual battlemechs so this one is new to him.

Will come up with rest of crew bios if needed.

#46 TheFlyingScotsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

I like the tank crew bio. Mostly because Asfrid does the same thing with her "cigars". She has an entire ammo container filled to the brim with... well, if you asked, she would say it's a local form of "tobacco" on Blue Hole.

*Shifty looks*

#47 Sparks Murphey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

For the moment, we're full up, I'm afraid. That said, one of those slots is being held for Vodkaviator, who has said he's interested but hasn't actually sent anything through except a few seed character ideas. If he drops out (either voluntarily or through inactivity), I think Thom was next in line for a spot.

In the meantime, I'm planning to start the ball moving anyway. Expect an IC post up from me soon.

Cheers!

#48 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:17 AM

I understand Sparky, will definitely enjoy reading the rest of all the posts to come. Best of luck to se characters.

#49 TheFlyingScotsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

Poor Asfrid. Let me know if you need any of the dates/times on her posts changed. They're in the future for the sake of giving you guys room, but I can bring them more in line with events. :3

#50 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

Whoo-hoo Sparky! No supplies? No Evac? No hope? Things are looking grim for the people stuck behind the lines. Loved the post even if it only seemed to be plot/suspense building. Will work on making my character bio soon, hopefully tonight.

Edited by Thom Frankfurt, 05 March 2013 - 05:25 PM.

#51 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

Name: Ryan Garratti
Call sign: Bar Be Que
Role: PBI
Date of Birth: March 5, 3027
Planet of Birth: Thorin
-Appearance-
Height: 6'3''
Weight: 243Lbs
Hair Color: Blonde
Hair Style: Buzzed short, high and tight style.
Eye Color: Blue
Background: I actually wrote up a nice little section for his background, but it seemed more like a family history than a personal history. Ryan and his brother, John were left parentless after a tragic car accident one rainy Winter day when their parents car hydroplaned off the road and into a tree when dad swerved after being cutoff by some drunk driver. Since this event, just a couple days after Christmas, Ryan has come to loathe everything even remotely connected to the holiday. The two brothers were sent off to their mother's brother, their Uncle Gene or G as they called him. Uncle G was an odd sort, a reclusive engineer who worked for the local hydro-electrical plant. The boys then stayed with the strange man, who would often come home in the wee hours of the night, reeking of cheap perfume and even cheaper booze. Often times during the weekend and the Summer months, Uncle would take the boys out into the wilderness. He taught them things, how to fish, to hunt, to live off the land. With a few scant years the two wound spend their entire summer camping out in the ruins of the old University of Thorin, which by that time was overgrown by woods. Fueled by their uncles drunken ramblings of the glories of war, the two went to the Thorin Military Academy and joined the AFFC when they reached military age. Academically the two struggled, but made up for what they lacked in book learning with what they learned elsewhere easily outscoring the other cadets. Somehow the two managed to finish their time at academy and then were sent off to different postings. John would go to receive battle armor training, while Ryan would end up serving in the Jump infantry. For Ryan the two years since has been largely uneventful, despite the onslaught of the Clan juggernaut, but that's about to change... Note: If unable to make the evac, Ryan will remain behind to make life as interesting for Clan Wolf as possible.
Mech: none.
Gear: Basic Lyran infantry kit. Rolex assault rifle with two spare clips. .45 auto pistol with two spare clips, two frag grenades, vibro knife, regular knife, canteen, basic med kit, length of rope, survival rations (about one weeks worth) combat boots, visored helmet, fatigues, flashlight, web-belt.

#52 TheFlyingScotsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

I somehow get a picture of Ryan turning around in a blaze of glory as the last dropship lifts off to defend the launchpad.

*Grimly closes eyes, sheds a single solitary tear, turns around and opens them to reveal blazing hot coals.*
"No!" *pew pew, fire and brimstone, epic explosions, dropship barely makes it.*

Sorry, I watch too many tacky 70s action movies.

#53 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

I was actually thinking of Ry fight a protracted guerilla campaign against them. The Clans may be the badasses on the battlefield, but they are kind of a bunch of lunkheads in reguards to acts of deception. With that in mind, I think Ryan could exploit that even if only a little bit.

#54 roastpuff

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

Question - was that dropship Asfrid's? I was thinking of writing a post where Donny on the way to Lima-14 goes to investigate the dropship wreckage for survivors, and meeting up with Asfrid.

#55 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

View Postroastpuff, on 06 March 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

Question - was that dropship Asfrid's? I was thinking of writing a post where Donny on the way to Lima-14 goes to investigate the dropship wreckage for survivors, and meeting up with Asfrid.

Yep, the Hunter's Deliverance is intended to be Asfrid's DropShip. If you want to write radio chatter between Donny and Adrianna, she'll give him permission to investigate the crash, with caution not to get too exposed out there.

I'm going to have her depart to rescue Dirk shortly with a platoon of infantry, after debating whether or not to divide her forces any further.

#56 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

Sparky did you see and/or approve my bio?

#57 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:25 AM

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 06 March 2013 - 09:45 PM, said:

Sparky did you see and/or approve my bio?

Yes! Seen and approved. If you're stuck for an entry into the plot, you could be one of the infantry Adrianna takes with her (see my above post), one of the guys at the university, or going to investigate the crash and meet up with Donny.

#58 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:31 AM

Oh I've got more ideas than I know what to do with. And that's without the two you suggested. I've just been waiting for the green light.

#59 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:18 AM

Posted Image

#60 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:17 AM

Post is up!!! I hope it's decent. You guys have been posting some awesome stuff of late...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users