#701 StrayDog

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 44 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationArc-Royal

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

So for the fiction, what are the rules on posting one besides having have to be related to the current events of the story?

#702 Thom Frankfurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:36 PM

View PostSparks Murphey, on 16 February 2013 - 01:12 AM, said:

The planet Sevren, November 3051. After more than a year of waiting, the Clan invasion has renewed. Sevren is a world only recently reclaimed in 3024 by the Lyran Commonwealth from the Draconis Combine, and now it is under attack once again, this time by Clan Wolf. Though the Clans are better understood than they were a year ago, victories are still few and far between. On Sevren, the 25th Arcturan Guards did their best to hold the line, and have certainly bloodied the Wolf’s nose, but their light forces and commando warfare have proven insufficient to hold the planet. The order to evacuate has gone out.

In the city of Saddleport, the Lyran defense is in shambles. They are cut-off from their command, disorganised, damaged and injured, and outnumbered. A small group of soldiers, mercenaries and ne’er-do-wells attempt to get themselves and any civilians they can through a thousand kilometres of enemy territory to New Cartris, where the last few DropShips are loading up.

This RP is intended to be invite only. As so often happens, I announced that I was thinking of running an RP, and immediately had ten gazillion player requests. So, to prevent that getting out of hand, I’m limiting it to just those I’ve invited. If we start to lose numbers, I’ll consider inviting some more.

I’d like to keep this story moving, so if you want to play in it, I expect a benchmark of a couple of posts a week. Useful, story-related posts in the OOC thread can help count towards that if you’ve not got much to do, but ideally, go find something to do instead (or PM me; I’m quite permissive as a GM, so I’ll probably find a way to say yes).

As far as themes go, I want to focus on the characters’ lack of resources. The Clans are an obstacle, but the main question isn’t “Can we defeat the Clans?”, more “How do we get past them without outside support, repair facilities, the ability to move through open terrain, etc.”

As far as characters go, I’m open to pretty much anyone who would be involved in such an evacuation, as long as they don’t go against the above “lack of resources” theme in brute ways (no commanders of regiment-strong BattleMech units, for instance). More subtle ways (like a black marketeer on the run, for instance) are cool, though. Leftenant Adrianna Delfino of the 25th Arcturan Guards will be my main tool for steering the story.

So without further ado, let's see some character bios!

Characters:
Sparks Murphey - Lt Adrianna Delfino - "Dove" - Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D
RogueSpear - Dirk Bradbury - "Brains" - Modified Helepolis HEP-3H
TheFlyingScotsman - Asfrid Malgalm - "Scotty" - Trebuchet TBT-7M
kevin roshak - James O'Leahy - "Pikey" - Maxim hover APC
roastpuff - Sgt Donovan Tang - "Donny-Boy" - Centurion CN9-D
Gammadin - Guy J. Marlowe - "Your Guy in the know" - IrTech IR-200 HRC-1734 Professional Camera
Listless Nomad - Constantin Semyonov - "Voodoo" - CB-79 Mustang CASEVAC VTOL
Thom Frankfurt - Ryan Garratti - "Bar Be Que" - Rolex assault rifle and Mk.II feet
Spokes - Geneviève Duchemin - "Wahoo" - ASN-21 Assassin
dal10 - Sgm Barry Stoneham and crew - "Rockwell" - Manticore heavy tank
Xetherius - Alexander Bergson - "Redwood" - Modified Black Knight
whtwlf - Bailey "Bud" Sharp - "White Wolf" - Modified CN9-A Centurion
K0M3D14N - Lawrence Beauregard - "Comedian" - Modified Commando

Posted Image
Adrianna Delfino's sketch of the terrain between New Cartris and Saddleport

There's also no God Mode. Oh yeah and the forums are usually pretty dead on the weekends.

Edited by Thom Frankfurt, 22 March 2014 - 10:57 PM.

#703 The Shepherd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 215 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:04 PM

Bloody hell Nomad, that was an exceptional post. I was almost in tears by the end.
Felt incredibly human. Very impressed.

Please keep it up guys, this is a fantastic RP to read.

#704 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:28 AM

I am extremely tempted to make another account just so i can like that twice nomad.

also i suppose it is time to get a short post up about how all of my tankers are still passed out in the tank, with them all probably laying on top of one of another due to lack of space.

Edited by dal10, 25 March 2014 - 04:34 AM.

#705 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:42 PM

That was magnificent, Nomad.

#706 Listless Nomad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

You all are far too kind. I appreciate the praise and apologize for my inactivity as of late. It's a pleasure working and writing with all of you, and I can't wait to see where the rest of the story goes!

Thank you all for your kind words :huh:

#707 Spokes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:26 PM

Wonderful post Nomad. . .I especially loved the speech there towards the end. :lol:

Just a thought Komedian, but the damaged helicopter they're scavenging fuel from has an SRM launcher on it. Might be a good opportunity to top off your Commando's ammo bins.

#708 Spokes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:38 PM

Duchemin -- French: Topographic name for someone who lives beside a path (rather than in a town), with fused preposition and article du ‘from the’ + French chemin ‘path’, ‘way’ (from Late Latin caminus, a word of Celtic origin).

Spoiler

#709 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:03 PM

In the hopes that we can get this moving again, let's have a roll call. If you're still here and interested in continuing, make a post here and we'll get ready to push on.

#710 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:40 PM

Here! Not too sure what I can do with Ryan and his lackeys. There was talk of them hitching a ride on one of Nomad's choppers and acting like a foraging party, but things kinda fizzled out after that.

Edited by Thom Frankfurt, 25 August 2014 - 11:42 PM.

#711 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:51 AM

I'm willing, though probably still gonna struggle with Dirk and Claudia. We shall see. I'll have a think about it today

#712 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:08 AM

I can take Claudia off your hands if you'd like.

#713 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:19 AM

That could potentially help. I'll take a stab at it tonight when I'm back at the house, or if not then tomorrow depending on what time I have. Need to fill out a tonne of forms and such.

#714 Spokes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:43 AM

Still here, still interested.

#715 Listless Nomad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:46 PM

All systems nominal.

#716 K0M3D14N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:39 PM

I'm here. The last few months have been a roller coaster of money problems, a car wreck, some insurance stuff, and other un-fun things. I'll check with Whtwlf and see if she's still in to bandy about. She enlisted in the USAF back in...May, I think? Her internet access is limited at tech school but I think her first deployment is coming up.

ADDENDUM:

Contacted whtwlf. She's not sure when she'll be deploying to her first assignment- it's possible she may be where she is for a while yet as a holdover. On the positive side, though, she's going to try and get a Wifi Hotspot connection if that happens so she'll at least have some access to this.

Edited by K0M3D14N, 03 September 2014 - 03:43 PM.

#717 K0M3D14N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:03 AM

So I'm thinking maybe trying to help jury rig Geniveve's Assassin back together might be in order. Could be a fun exercise in mechtalk and also give her a chance to have a talk with a fairly veteran MechWarrior. What do you think, Spokes?

#718 Spokes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:57 PM

Sounds good. I'll have a PM headed your way as soon as I can get my thoughts in order-- I had a bit of a plan for this. More of a fever dream really, but we'll see. :)

#719 K0M3D14N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:13 PM

I await said PM with bated breath.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users