Hbk-4Sp Build. Thoughts?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Ozone

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

After a week of tweaking, came up with this build for my HBK-4SP and I'm quite happy with it. Its a survivor, runs fast, and isn't too demanding in the heat management department.Throwing it up here for opinions or any suggestions for further tweaking.

'Ozone'
Hunchback fast harasser

Spd: 84.2
Tons: 50
Firepower: 50
Heat efficiency: 1.28
Armor (standard): 336 - all full with the exception of 37/38 on each leg
Endo-steel
Double sinks x13
TAG and AMS on board

Here's a more detailed look at the loadout:
RA (32/32): ML x2
RL (47/48): SRM ammo
RT (36/36 - 12/12): SRM-6, DHS x2
Head (18/18): TAG
Center (48/48 - 16/16): Standard 260 engine
LT (36/36 - 12/12): SRM-6, DHS, AMS, AMS ammo
LL (47/48): SRM ammo
LA (32/32): ML x2

Group 1: ML x2
Group 2: ML x2
Group 3: SRM-6 x2 and TAG

#2 Blackhandsaint

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

Most SP4's end up looking roughly the same-Mlas arms and SRM6's in the right and left torsos. However, I have to ask: what is the TAG for? It doesn't help your lock on time or spread, so unless you're using it as a support only tool (unusual on a brawler) it seems like dead weight.

#3 Ozone

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

Yep, more support than anything else. The MLs run it hot enough, figured I could drop the TAG in to forward scout if the opportunity arose.

#4 Ravennus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

TAG is great if you are dropping with a team with confirmed LRM support, and it DOES give extra cbills and xp.

Though if you are solo dropping, I would recommend a Medium Laser in the head.
Just don't fire it until you lose one of your arms or side torsos. It is especially useful when both your side torsos get taken out, and allows you to still contribute before going down in a blaze of glory.

I've killed a few cocky mechs who left me alone when they thought I was disarmed and not a threat. :)

#5 Archtype

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

This a solid build to run around with, the only possible trump is a CN9-A with three missles hardpoints in the left torso.

For my 4sp i run 2 ML, 2 SL, tag, 2 SRM6 +aretemis with double heatsinks and endo. for mods, advanced sensor range and target gathering with cap assist.

AMS is useless, if you are in full sight of the enemy before you have breached their range you have really failed. 2 lrm 20's will not be thwarted by a single AMS.

Srms will get crits through armorless segments, hence artemis and target info gathering, This platform is about cleanup and exploitation. stick behind assualts or cover till the battle is full swing, and then start mopping up soft targets - role warefare.

*edit* more importantly you do not stop moving while on open ground. a gauss or AC/20 build will down you quick.

Edited by Archtype, 16 February 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#6 Ozone

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

Thanks for the advice guys. Here's the modified build, so far. Dropped a bit of armor as well as the AMS and installed Artemis for the SRMs. I've got the option on the head to run the TAG or a (air quote) laser (/airquote), I'll see which I like best. Future modules, when I get the c-bills, will be to buff SRMs (probably TIG and capture accel).

'Ozone'
Hunchback fast harasser

Spd: 84.2
Tons: 50
Firepower: 50
Heat efficiency: 1.28
Armor (standard): 318
Endo-steel
Double sinks x13
TAG
Artemis

Here's a more detailed look at the loadout:
RA (32/32): ML x2
RL (38/48): SRM artemis ammo
RT (36/36 - 12/12): SRM-6, DHS x2
Head (18/18): TAG (if grouped with LRM boats, medium laser otherwise)
Center (48/48 - 16/16): Standard 260 engine
LT (36/36 - 12/12): SRM-6, DHS
LL (38/48): SRM artemis ammo
LA (32/32): ML x2

Group 1: ML x2 plus TAG
Group 2: ML x2 plus TAG
Group 3: SRM-6 x2

Thoughts with the TAG being that any time I'm hitting with ML (and the TAG is online) I'll be lighting up a target. Its quite fun to see, as I'm trying to dodge incoming fire, a string of LRMs coming in over the horizon for the assist.

Edited by Ozone, 22 February 2013 - 07:37 PM.

#7 Ayridynn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 567 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

I use a variation of Phil "Sean Lang"'s build

RA: 1x Large Laser, 1x Medium Laser, 1x Double Heat Sink
RT: 1x Streak SRM2, 3x DHS
RL: 1 ton Streak SRM ammo
CT: Std 210 engine
HD: TAG
LT: 1x Streak SRM2, 3x DHS
LA: 1x Large Laser, 1x Medium Laser
LL: -nothing-*

Endo-Steel Structure

Standard Armor 336/338 (one point missing on each leg)

Speed: 68KPH (It's a little slow but, with the speed tweak, you're still around 75 KPH.)

Firepower: 38

Heat Efficiency 1.26

Modules: 360 target and/or Adv. Target Decay.

You can also strong side one arm with both Large Lasers and the other with the mediums and DHS if you like to group each arm separately so your ranges are the same per arm.

* I also have Artemis because I'll switch to standard SRMs sometimes but if you don't have it you can stick more sSRM ammo in the legs or arms or add AMS. You could also get a bigger engine. If you use ER Large Lasers, Heat efficiency goes to 1.15.

The only problem is if you get zombied you are strictly support/meatshield with your TAG.
On the plus side, you get the Long range capability with the (ER) Large Lasers.

#8 Ozone

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

Ayr,

Cheers, soz for late reply, off net for a week, I played about with the Streaks but found that, at the range I'm coming in at, the standard 6's with artemis pack a hell of a punch. I've been alternating between 5 MLs for punch and 4 MLs and TAG for slightly smaller punch and (hopefully) assist. I'm using it for in close hard hit and run tactics so I'm digging the 260 engine. I've had to drop a few tons of armor here and there to fit the engine, and could have gone with the more popular 250 with an extra sink, but I find that the extra 4 speed and controlled weapon cycling in this mech fits my style quite well.

Very happy all round ATM. Doesn't mean I'm not gonna keep picking it apart, but still happy. Thanks for all the advice guys.

Final build is a couple posts above.

Edited by Ozone, 22 February 2013 - 07:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users