Be Offline For Friends

8 replies to this topic

#1 Rise or Die

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 28 posts
  • Location91***

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:14 AM

Is it possible to be not shown as online every time I start the game? Its going on my nervs that everybody in my friendlist can see what Im doing :angry:

Imagine youre sick and your colleagues can see you playing games all day long. <_< I would appreciate more privacy :ph34r:

Edited by Rise or Die, 21 February 2013 - 05:15 AM.

#2 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:26 AM

Maybe you shouldn't be such a sissy, and tell your friends you don't want to play with them right now.

#3 Max Liao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 695 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCrimson, Canopus IV

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:43 AM

Because I don't want to answer dozens of requests to group. Give me a busy, Do not disturb, or away option then. It's just like facebook or Steam, I turn the friends lists/chat channels off 90% of the time because I don't like to be bothered. I have my reasons for playing but not being social - waiting for trouble tickets while teleworking, spending most of my time in the mechlab, I hate you, or whatever, If I wanted to group with you I'd jump into voice comms with you.

#4 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:46 AM

View PostMax Liao, on 21 February 2013 - 05:43 AM, said:

Because I don't want to answer dozens of requests to group. Give me a busy, Do not disturb, or away option then. It's just like facebook or Steam, I turn the friends lists/chat channels off 90% of the time because I don't like to be bothered. I have my reasons for playing but not being social - waiting for trouble tickets while teleworking, spending most of my time in the mechlab, I hate you, or whatever, If I wanted to group with you I'd jump into voice comms with you.

It doesn't even give any popups. More likely you don't want to appear like you're avoiding them, when that's exactly what you're doing.

#5 Rise or Die

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 28 posts
  • Location91***

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

View PostMax Liao, on 21 February 2013 - 05:43 AM, said:

Thats exactly what I ment. If I want to play with someone, I would go online and tell them. If not, I dont want to answer messages all the time

#6 PoLaR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 620 posts
  • LocationEast Bay

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

I see no reason to "not" have these options to a player. It should be a pilots own decision weather they want to appear online or not. Sometimes I'd like to just appear offline to play In the Mechlab for a while, but your Social Bar Is flashing like crazy haha.

If you don't want the option, then you can always leave It as set to "online" all the time, no worries.

Both parties win.

#7 Malthorn

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

Make an alt account.

Problem fixxed,

#8 Kaspirikay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

I play games not to socialize. I play it to win.

#9 PoLaR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 620 posts
  • LocationEast Bay

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

View PostMalthorn, on 23 February 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

Make an alt account.

Problem fixxed,

Not If I want to play my 34 'mechs lol

An alternate account would be great If I felt like playing Trial 'Mechs!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users