2 replies to this topic

#1 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

I have not been playing this game very long, or followed it much in the past. Was wondering what the finished version of this game is suppose to be. Didnt know if there was somewhere that may lay out what everything is working up to, or is it just having stuff thrown at it as a work along? But some things that I thought Id say, just cuz its raining, bored and opening day at the track was canceled.

Maps: From an outside view of this you really need to focus on the maps more to start. You can toss out all the bells and whistles you want but if people get tired of the same handful of maps it dont matter. If you are limited on the amount resources you have to make them maybe open it up to the players. Not to try to remotely compare games, but Call of Duty was basicly a game handed to them when an army of people were using map editor and modding tools to make the things in the game how they wanted. People felt they were part of it by making it what they wanted and put alot of time into it for free. Then they decided to close that chapter of the game and now thats a whole differnt rant.

game modes: arena 2v2 4v4 8v8 (matchmaking implimented), 1-7 man group random match (no matchmaking). Able to select large or small maps for prefered fighting styles, also random but ability to select correct mech for the map once in.

Matchmaking: Like I said above. I personally havnt played this game long, and before this system kicked in 80% of the time I felt good after finishing a game (win or loose). Nowfor some reason I suppose the game thinks I am better than I am and have gotten my butt handed to me every since. From what I understand its based on weight class? Well I have one mech that I was doing fairly well with, but a couple others the same class that I was playing with to see what would work. Well, I guess being same class have same matchmaking and probably will never get used now because they get wrecked before I can get used/build them.

buffering: Does this game have any kind of it? It seems if there is any of packet loss or connection int during loading match or while in it you are instantly out. Have never really seen a game where people so frequently dc.

As far as weapons, Im sure you get you share of thoughts on ballancing so I will sty out of that. But this is all just opinion and Im sure someone will bash some part if not all of it. But is a fun game so far, hope it progresses a little faster and into something great. thx

#2 Beeman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

There's a bunch of ask the dev threads where they answer a bunch of community questions. It seems they do one like every other week. They're up to thirty-two thusfar. Very interesting reads, they is.

In the long-term, they intend to have all kinds of crazy content updates. Clan invasions(nobody knows, I think, how they're going to implement them), faction wars(big, complex PvP campaign map run by the devs), countless mechs, maps, weapons and whatever else.

They've even talked about(though it's like the lowest possible priority) having PvE/coop match types.

Basically, this game has worlds of potential and I'm really glad it's being made and going in the directions it's going. Sure, they could screw it all up, but for now it's good and the future is lookin' bright.

#3 Oppresor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, England

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

MWO is the latest, greatest title in a long line of MechWarrior products. Many of us have waited over ten years for this; in that time we have seen massive development in CPU's, GPU's and the advent of Broadband. The potential for MWO is incredible, but as with all good things it doesn't happen over night.

What I can say is that from what I have seen so far the developers are doing a fantastic job; its often the little things that I notice like more detail in the ship wreck or the Aurora in the night version of the ice mission. We need to remember that this is still a Beta and by definition still under development. Our job as Beta testers, is to feedback on issues we detect and also to suggest directions for future development; remember anything goes', just because it has never been a part of the MechWarrior universe in the past doesn't mean that it shouldn't be at some point in the future.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users