Unable To Connect

18 replies to this topic

#1 Major Derps

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

So I have spent the last half hour trying to connect, and get into mechlab, with no joy. I keep getting messages saying 'A network error occurred ' or 'Network Request Timed Out', and remaining in logon screen. On the odd occasion I do get into 'Mechlab, it attempts to connect, and boots me back to logon screen. Anyone know what's going on here?

*Also had trouble posting this, took a couple of attempts.

Edited by Mokey Mot, 20 February 2013 - 09:39 PM.

#2 Archtype

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

I have been logged in again for 10 minutes now successfully

*edit* I had been experiencing these issues for the last half hour

Edited by Archtype, 20 February 2013 - 09:41 PM.

#3 SlackerZ

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

I keep losing session and unable to log in also.

Server crashed?

#4 Rakashan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 333 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

Search is your friend. There are a bunch of threads about this including one in the announcements.

#5 Clockwork Mobius

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

Looks like the servers are having issues. Been booted out of two games so far and had lots of trouble connecting.

#6 Talesin BatBat

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

Just to link to the Announcements thread that actually applies (as in, NOT the one about the patch just after noon today):
http://mwomercs.com/...e-this-evening/

I'd say this is SIGNIFICANTLY more than just a 'reduced experience', but the Mod locked the thread, so can't really call him/her on being mealy-mouthed. More of 'entirely unplayable for everyone'.

#7 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

View PostMuggins, on 20 February 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

This problem is ongoing, and we have people working on it until its resolved.

At time of writing...
Some users are unable to remain connected.
Some users can stay connected, but have a unusually large amount of latency in their shooting.
Some users remain unaffected.

I've played for the last hour or so with no issues, other than seeing users reporting less than normal performance.

Thanks for your patience!

and some are just completely BORKED. It opens the mainscreen, and all the Labs are totally useless. Ah well. I'll get in some rounds on MW Tactics, and check back tomorrow.

#8 Archtype

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

LULZ, less than normal performance.

Really I am getting so much more from MW:O now that I am stuck at the log in screen. I am spending time in the smurfy mech lab, which PGI did not create, hmm, in fact smurfy can you guys perform a corporate coupe?

Seems like we would have a better in game mech lab at least.

*edit* I am also glad to hear you are having no problems.

did we just get trolled by staff?

Edited by Archtype, 20 February 2013 - 10:42 PM.

#9 New Breed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 20 February 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

and some are just completely BORKED. It opens the mainscreen, and all the Labs are totally useless. Ah well. I'll get in some rounds on MW Tactics, and check back tomorrow.

If you looked around, this is fixed by reinstalling.

#10 zenlike

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

View PostMuggins, on 20 February 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

This problem is ongoing, and we have people working on it until its resolved.

At time of writing...
Some users are unable to remain connected.
Some users can stay connected, but have a unusually large amount of latency in their shooting.
Some users remain unaffected.

I've played for the last hour or so with no issues, other than seeing users reporting less than normal performance.

Thanks for your patience!

Thank you for the heads-up. I'm sorry the others in this thread don't appreciate your stopping by.

#11 Gregory Owen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

I am part of a large group of players all sitting in teamspeak right now unable to join or stay in a game. half cannot login at all. the other are booted after a minute or so.

Muggins, the last sentence of your post is extremely dismissive of our problems.

#12 Archtype

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

reinstalling is a not a fix for network issues. Nor will spending an 1 redownloading benefit anyone who wanted to pick up a few games this evening

#13 Fitzbattleaxe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 214 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

Relax people, they're working on it. Servers go down on occasion - that's just the way it is. Think about the devs who got pulled away from their evenings plans to get things running again - they don't enjoy this any more than you do.

#14 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

Borked on my end. It's the same tracert results as the the other day when it was borked. which I had an open ticket for..

#15 HurlockHolmes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 294 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

I can get into a match for about 30 seconds before it kicks me to the login screen, and while I am in the match I have massive amounts of lag and very high ping. And no it is not my internet acting up, I booted up War Thunder and shot some foos' with no connection issues at all.

#16 Archtype

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

View PostFitzbattleaxe, on 20 February 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

Relax people, they're working on it. Servers go down on occasion - that's just the way it is. Think about the devs who got pulled away from their evenings plans to get things running again - they don't enjoy this any more than you do.

It's a **** situation, though dismissive statements and double-talk (e.g. degraded experience, some players....)are rarely well recieved by any community.

#17 DragonsFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 655 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

View PostArchtype, on 20 February 2013 - 10:47 PM, said:

It's a **** situation, though dismissive statements and double-talk (e.g. degraded experience, some players....)are rarely well recieved by any community.

Take a step back and relax next time before you jump all over someone. DoS attacks are not easy to clamp down in the first place, and in this case, PGI has next to zero control over the the how and why of what's going on.

#18 BellatorMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 617 posts
  • LocationWallet Closed PGI Knows Why

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

China attack Canada..takes MWO down!! Goons also linked in Communist cyber activities against U.S. interests.

"Canada has also been hit. Calgary-based Telvent Canada, which designs security software relating to power grids and oil and gas pipelines, told customers recently that its security had been breached.

According to a report made public this week by U.S. cyber security company Mandiant, there were at least 141 cyber attacks against U.S., Canadian and British companies in 20 different industries that can be traced to a building in Shanghai, which is the base for the secret Chinese military Unit 61398."

#19 Tarman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

View PostMuggins, on 20 February 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

Is it me or is this kind of thing getting to be like "weather" for the internet?

TONIGHTS MWO FORECAST

PARTLY DDoS

FOLLOWED BY SHOWERS OF LRM

AMBIENT TEMPERATURE EIGHTY FIVE DEGREES CENTIGRADE

>___>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users