Isn News Flash

34 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

Tue. Apr 9, 3050: ComStar apologies for rash of outages plaguing Coreward, near-Periphery worlds; offers modest fee refunds.

#2 Gevurah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 500 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:20 AM

Took long enough! I've been sending messages from Susquehanna to Thule for weeks now! After 18 supervisor calls AND a direct talk with a precentor I was just told "it was being worked on, 24-48 hours."

That was 3 months ago!

#3 Chazer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:24 AM

Some communications are priceless and no refund with suffice. :D

#4 Splice

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCloser Than You Think

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

All Carriers Suck... and it's worse when ComStar has a monopoly on communications to the outer regions. Argh!
What's a person to do?!?!?!?!

#5 Orzorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

View PostSplice, on 09 April 2013 - 07:30 AM, said:

What's a person to do?!?!?!?!

Keep quiet and hope that space AT&T doesn't remove your HPG network, starve your planet, and brainwash any dissenters.

#6 Name140704

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

They need to update their video card drivers most likely, if they're running Nvidia in HPGs.

#7 Parnage Winters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 414 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:40 AM

Comstar is doing the best it can considering most of those worlds most likely think HPG's work off of magic. Damn near barbaric places like that should be avoided unless you need to. More then likely comstar just got fed up dealing with the punks.

#8 Dan Nashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 606 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

Space Banditos? Now that Mr. "I am not a pirate" is free. (He's so not a pirate he announced it twice, that's how you know he's tellingthe truth!)

#9 Grey Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 480 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:01 AM

Geez, I wish there was some sort of competition to ComStar. I mean, anything has to be better than their service. I mean, c'mon, a bit of competition would be good. Not like the competitor could go on some sort of genocidal rampage because they got snubbed at a dinner party.

#10 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,204 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:30 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 09 April 2013 - 07:15 AM, said:

Tue. Apr 9, 3050: ComStar apologies for rash of outages plaguing Coreward, near-Periphery worlds; offers modest fee refunds.

You ba$tards!

Edited by Odanan, 09 April 2013 - 08:31 AM.

#11 Shedu

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

Comstar has been increasingly unreliable. And why is it that the outages seem so concentrated lately?

#12 Orzorn

• 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

View PostShedu, on 09 April 2013 - 08:32 AM, said:

Comstar has been increasingly unreliable. And why is it that the outages seem so concentrated lately?

I hear the periphery farmers made some kind of extremely powerful liquor that's been getting passed all around lately.

You can tell they've been drinking a lot of in on account of these silly stories about super advanced mechs and some sort of space aliens piloting them.

I wouldn't mind getting a hold of some of the stuff myself, heh.

#13 Karl Split

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

This is ridiculous. Just what the hell are we paying these clowns for???? They can't even keep the communications up for 5 minutes I swear.

#14 Kristov Kerensky

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

Modest fee refunds? How about ComStar give me a FULL refund for the comms that aren't going through? And who do I see about getting the fees our Merc Corp is missing out on due to being unable to respond to the requests we got right before this whole debacle started? We're talking millions in cbills AND salvage rights for..well..that's confidential, but I will be happy to show someone at ComStar the contract paperwork, a contract we can't even accept because thanks to ComStar, we can't tell the offering party we accept the terms!

This is totally unacceptable!

#15 Omaha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 559 posts
  • LocationAnywhere

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

This totally explains why I got a mech platoon instead of the pizza I ordered.

Transmission: Incomming attack, has been pushed back.. Requesting, extra rations for moral boost celebration...END
What was recieved: Incomming attack, (static) pushed back.. Requesting (static) ... END

#16 Volt Corsair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 203 posts
  • LocationOutpost, Periphery (HPG down)

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

Right, because my refund will totally cover the destroyed bases because I couldn't contact anyone for an orbital drop. No, no it won't.

#17 Grey Rabbit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

They're sorry....

#18 jay35

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

View PostKristov Kerensky, on 09 April 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

Modest fee refunds? How about ComStar give me a FULL refund for the comms that aren't going through? And who do I see about getting the fees our Merc Corp is missing out on due to being unable to respond to the requests we got right before this whole debacle started? We're talking millions in cbills AND salvage rights for..well..that's confidential, but I will be happy to show someone at ComStar the contract paperwork, a contract we can't even accept because thanks to ComStar, we can't tell the offering party we accept the terms!

This is totally unacceptable!

Clearly, we need a poll about this!

#19 Burnsidhe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

Yeah, so how exactly did Davion keep conducting a war while under a Comstar Excommunication order?

There are ways to communicate other than Comstar's HPGs. I'd bet that the cache that Davion was given even has plans for building new HPGs. They're just holding onto them for their own selfish reasons.

#20 ThinkTank

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 396 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

It's right there in your contract. ComStar is not responsible for any content, delivered or undelivered. They do not recommend that you use their services for vital business or personal communications. All messages sent are "at will" and are subject to time delay, misrouting, inspection and denial of service. You only have yourselves to blame by using it when you know it's sketchy at best.
L2 communicate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users