2 replies to this topic

#1 42and19

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 197 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:54 AM

Not sure if this is a bug or "working as intended" but

I have a shadowhawk 2h and I have an lb-10x and two machine guns in the hunch. It is inevitable in every match that

a) the lb is critted and destroyed
:ph34r: this happens before the machine guns 100% of the time
c) the machine guns are NEVER destroyed until the shoulder is destroyed (which kills me anyway so who cares)

Is this a "balance" to the lb? According to smurfy both the machine guns and the lb have 10 health. Why is it that the crit ALWAYS goes to the lb and not to one of the machine guns?

Why is it that EVERY time my shoulder is opened my lb is critted?

I don't keep ammo there, just the lb, two machine guns and slots for my engine.

It's more annoying than anything. I'm pretty good at spreading damage so I can usually stay up for a bit after the shoulder is opened and the lb is only about a 4th of my firepower. Still....this is weird.

I should get the 3 ballistic hunchy and see if this problem is on that mech as well.

**Edit**After talking with some people I came to discover that the crit chance of a weapon is based on the amount of slots it take up. That makes sense. However, it doesn't explain why my lb seems to have a 100% crit chance when the ac/10 doesn't and that weapon is larger.

Edited by 42and19, 11 December 2013 - 09:08 AM.

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:18 AM

I think it's just coincidence that it happens to work that way (LBX10 getting blown off more than AC10), but if it's documented through video, you "might" get a better response.

Try "crit buffering" by adding DHS or something into the same section where the LBX10 is in to soften the chance the LBX10 is the primary target of removal.

Edited by Deathlike, 11 December 2013 - 09:19 AM.

#3 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:01 PM

Each slot increases the chances of getting that part critted. Since the shotgun is much bigger than the machine guns, it is very likely that it will go first. You need 100 or more samples to really get a feel for what happens. Statistically, 5 or 10 matches mean nothing. It can easily seem like the LB is "always" first to go, even when everything works fine.

Edited by Modo44, 11 December 2013 - 12:03 PM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users