ISN News Flash

11 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:00 PM

Mon. Nov 21, 3048: Complaints lodged with the Mercenary Review Board allege Federated Freemen involved in un-fair recruitment practices.

#2 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:15 PM

Formed in 2789 by ComStar founder Jerome Blake, the Mercenary Review Board allowed ComStar agents to serve as brokers for all mercenaries and their employers in the Inner Sphere. While publicly accepted as a means to ensure neutral dealings for all parties, ComStar in truth created and maintained the MRB as a clandestine means to monitor and control mercenary forces. Attempts by the mercenaries themselves to set up their own competitors to the MRB, such as the short-lived Mercenaries Guild (2956 — 2968), fell prey to the determined opposition of ComStar to prevent any threat to its role as a neutral arbiter of inter-House dealings.

Posted Image

Like those of the Arcadians, the founding members of the Federated Freemen received their initial training in the Federated Suns military and later chose to go independent as mercenaries. In fact, it was the successes of the Arcadians that convinced Lieutenant Colonel Xavier Pelt to build his own mercenary command. By the mid-3040s, the newly formed AFFC was suffering significant growing pains, with a number of former AFFS officers expressing increasing discontent about the way their superiors were handling the integration of the Davion and Steiner militaries.

A distinguished officer from the Davion Brigade of Guards, Pelt had been assigned to the FedCom Corps, where he and several of his fellow MechWarriors felt their careers were languishing. Pelt still felt strongly committed to the Federated Suns and wanted to continue his service to its people, but always dreamed of commanding a regiment in battle. He retired in 3047, called upon dozens of skilled officers with whom he had served over the last twenty years, and put together a core group of officers to help him build his dream. For the next two years, Pelt and his cohorts recruited heavily from ex-AFFS/AFFC MechWarriors they knew, building a family of individuals who shared similar feelings and ideals. Soon enough, they had assembled a battalion. While he led the battalion on a number of high-risk assignments, several of his fellow retirees continued to recruit MechWarriors for the newborn Federated Freemen.

#3 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDropping with the 2nd Jaguar Guard

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:24 AM

I may not like mercenaries, but Ghost...I love your dedication to lore

#4 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:54 AM

View PostAmarus Cameron, on 22 November 2011 - 07:24 AM, said:

I may not like mercenaries, but Ghost...I love your dedication to lore

It helps that I had a copy of the revised mercenaries book on hand. The Sarna article is bare bones. ^_^

#5 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts
  • LocationDropping with the 2nd Jaguar Guard

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:00 AM

I have all of the source books (barring a few minor ones) but not here at work ^_^

#6 Rakett

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:11 AM

Bah! "Unfair recruitment." 10 Cbills to 1 those complaints came from a regular army liason. As if the standing house armies don't hold most of the cards already. Keeping the gears greased is hard enough for a legitimate mercenary outfit without the meddlings of bureaucratic pencil pushers angry at life because their older brother inherited dads Centurion and all they inherited was a desk. Mind your borders and leave us to the "business" of war. Thank you very much!

#7 TerrikaiTTV

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 18 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:39 AM

Ghost I may need some of your great knowledge. What will be the story on Free Agents hopping from sector to sector and helping the faction with the highest bids? not mercs.. Solo Free Agents

#8 TerrikaiTTV

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 18 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:42 AM

Oh and Rakett.. You are absolutely right. As a free agent or merc. Generally we dont care about Politics. We care about whopse paying us. How our equipments doing. And were our next meal is coming from.

#9 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:57 AM

View PostChaltac Darksun, on 16 December 2011 - 06:42 AM, said:

Oh and Rakett.. You are absolutely right. As a free agent or merc. Generally we dont care about Politics. We care about whopse paying us. How our equipments doing. And were our next meal is coming from.

I care about when I get to send rounds at mechs, I let Rakett worry about who's doing the paying!
(and about when i get hot chow, *grin*)

#10 Haipyng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 593 posts
  • LocationIn Transit

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:42 AM

Always thinking with your belly, eh Vixxie? Isn't that how Rakett got you into that Jenner to be used as bait? I still sez you were lucky those old Highlander GM 270 engines start up pretty quickly. That Orion was going to use your guts for garters...

#11 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:53 AM

It was not my fault the only mech available was a Jenner, just be happy that I can pilot any mech built!

#12 TerrikaiTTV

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 18 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:55 AM

Jenners are good peices of machinery.....yeah thats all i got

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users