Hot-Fix Scheduled For 22-Jun-2017

41 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:49 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,
We will be rolling out a hot-fix, currently scheduled for Thursday, June 22nd at 4:00 PM PDT (11 PM UTC), to issue the following fixes:
Clan ER Large Laser: Fixed an issue where Heat was turned up to 11. It has been returned to 10.
Competitive Play: Team members can now be manually distributed across all Lances in the pre-drop stage. (Image)
Competitive Play: Team Names and Team Tags now support the use of hyphens, soft brackets, and apostrophes.
Floating Chat: Fixed an issue where your own messages could disappear.
Floating Chat: Fixed an issue where multiple Competitive Team Chat tabs could appear.
Crab CRB-FL: Fixed an issue where the default Loadout did not come with Double Heat Sinks. Players who spent C-Bills to perform a DHS upgrade on this 'Mech will be reimbursed with this hot-fix.
Enforcer ENF-GH: Fixed an issue where the default Loadout did not come with Double Heat Sinks. Players who spent C-Bills to perform a DHS upgrade on this 'Mech will be reimbursed with this hot-fix.
King Crab KGC-KJ: Fixed an issue where the KGC had Lower Arm and Hand Actuators.
Quickdraw QKD-IV4: Fixed an issue where the IV4 Armor Quirks were converted to Structure Quirks in the May patch. Previous Armor Quirks have been restored.
UrbanMech UM-K9: Fixed an issue where the police siren and cockpit light would be removed when performing a Strip All Cockpit Items command. If you encountered this error, your K9 has been repaired.
UrbanMech (all variants): Fixed an issue where AC/10, AC/20, and Ultra AC/5 weaponry could appear separated from the Hardpoint. A piece of connecting geometry was missing.
Skill Tree: Fixed an issue where the UAC Jam Chance Node name and description were conveying information related to new tech/RACs releasing in July.
Patch Files (Direct Download)
To make the patching process easier for players with limited download caps, we'll be providing direct download links for the patch file(s) that comprise this patch. This will allow you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, for manual injection into the MWO patcher through a Patch Cache folder.
Aside from allowing you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, on another connection, there are no additional benefits to performing the patch this way; the patching process itself will be the same.
This direct patch download process will only work for players running the standalone client. It does not apply to players running MWO through Steam.
Patch File(s): To be provided when hot-fix is released.
How to use these patch files
• Download the above file(s)
• For sake of ease we recommend creating a dedicated folder for the patch file(s), such as 'MWO Patch Cache'
• You do not need to unzip or unpack the patch file(s)
• Launch the standard MWO launcher or MWO Portal
• If launching with the standard MWO Launcher, click the gear icon in the top right of the launcher window. If launching with the new MWO Portal, select the three horizontal lines in the top left of the Portal Window
• Choose the 'Specify Patch File Cache' option
• In the field that appears, paste or enter the location in which you saved the patch file(s) and hit OK
• For example, C:\Users\\Documents\MWO Patch Cache
• Click the blue Patch button
• The launcher will now check the Patch Cache folder you defined. If it locates the required patch files, it will unpack and use those files to apply the patch.
• Once the patch is complete, launch the game

#2 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:09 PM

Thanks for the quick response

#3 Ialdabaoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 329 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:10 PM

Just a thought, but given the Kaiju's unique arm hardpoints it might be cool to just let it keep the actuators and actually give it arm arcs.

#4 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:13 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 22 June 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

Clan ER Large Laser: Fixed an issue where Heat was turned up to 11. It has been returned to 10.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by MovinTarget, 22 June 2017 - 01:21 PM.

#5 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 730 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:29 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 22 June 2017 - 01:09 PM, said:

Thanks for the quick response

Quick response to what? The most important thing they had to do is bring cspls from the grave and that is not happening so this is a waste of bandwidth.

#6 Zodie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationMotherland

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:30 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 22 June 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

Skill Tree: Fixed an issue where the UAC Jam Chance Node name and description were conveying information related to new tech/RACs releasing in July.

like this

#7 Zodie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationMotherland

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:35 PM

View PostZodie, on 22 June 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

like this

ty for information on future tech

#8 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:47 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 22 June 2017 - 01:29 PM, said:

Quick response to what? The most important thing they had to do is bring cspls from the grave and that is not happening so this is a waste of bandwidth.

CSPL is working as they intended, player opinion notwithstanding.

However, 11 heat cERLL, was not intended.

Screw up on DHS for a couple of mechs was not intended.

URBIES LOSING THE BEST FRICKIN THING ABOUT RUNNING AS DEPUTY DAWG IF YOU STRIP EVERYTHING WAS NOT INTENDED.

I would have less respect for them if they caved that quickly after rolling the cSPL change out. Most people probably haven't even given it an honest try. Based on the feedback I've seen from people testing them, the results are *not* as cataclysmic as people are making it out to be.

Edited by MovinTarget, 22 June 2017 - 02:35 PM.

#9 Fireeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 416 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:16 PM

will we get a lil bit more time for FP challenge too ? i wanted to make it this evening but unfortunately Servers are down x.x

#10 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:18 PM

View PostIaldabaoth, on 22 June 2017 - 01:10 PM, said:

Just a thought, but given the Kaiju's unique arm hardpoints it might be cool to just let it keep the actuators and actually give it arm arcs.

Removal will let us cram another 2 DHS, though, with some builds.

#11 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:22 PM

View PostFireeagle, on 22 June 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

will we get a lil bit more time for FP challenge too ? i wanted to make it this evening but unfortunately Servers are down x.x

You have another day to complete it. it ends tomorrow, not today. :D

#12 Kosapt

• Pip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:22 PM

Just 1 hour before daily deadline, come on PGI.

#13 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:35 PM

View PostZodie, on 22 June 2017 - 01:35 PM, said:

ty for information on future tech

bwahahaahah. >:-D

#14 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:35 PM

View PostKosapt, on 22 June 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

Just 1 hour before daily deadline, come on PGI.

Only really affects Medium Assists even so that you get 35 hours instead of 36, but it sucks if this was the only day you could do it...

#15 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 730 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:41 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 22 June 2017 - 01:47 PM, said:

I would have less respect for them if they caved that quickly after rolling the cSPL change out. Most people probably haven't even given it an honest try. Based on the feedback I've seen from people testing them, the results are *not* as cataclysmic as people are making it out to be.

Look at all those likes from IS players... you must be feeling so hot right now... I have feedback from you after testing them. I have a 6 cspl cheetah that does on average 150 to 200 damage less per match from 450-500 total damage to 300. And I'm a tier 3 potato (hence the small damage results) but there's no way I'm suddenly a worse pilot and that an alpha that does 12 damage less at almost the same heat makes no difference at all in my performance. Cataclysmic or not, 30% less damage, 1 effing third less damage is a stupidly big difference.

Edited by PraetorGix, 22 June 2017 - 03:41 PM.

#16 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:48 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 22 June 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

Look at all those likes from IS players... you must be feeling so hot right now...

Hmmm Pretty sure they are not all IS players.

I don't do this for likes nor to feel hot.

My point is simply that if they make an intentional change and then move to fix other unintended consequences is no reason to act like their fixes are meaningless compared to yours.

If you feel that they wronged you, that's fine, just don't act like other things affecting other people are meaningless due to your issues. Someday you may actually want people to be sympathetic to your requests and pissing all over them doesn't exactly endear you to anyone.

Now I know this is the point where you are supposed to retort; "I don't give a **** about what anybody else, I want what I want!"

Save yourself some karma and phrase your displeasure in a mature, dignified manner.

For the record to everyone else, if you weren't boating cMPL before, it is sickeningly awesome now.

Edited by MovinTarget, 22 June 2017 - 04:00 PM.

#17 Hendrik Grimm

• Pip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:08 PM

I am going to complain also, was planning on finishing up my medium assist challenge and missed out by a few assists. Some of us have pretty rigorous work schedules and cant make it in the game very often. Would have been nice if the update was delayed an hour.

#18 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 676 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:21 PM

There was a little bug concerning the hero mechs. Rather the images you saw in the Mechlab. Upon mech selection the model for my Flourentine and K-9 were Adders. I customized them and saved and that updated the models to the correct models. I thought it was just kinda funny. Like "An Adder is not a medium and I don't have any Adders?"

#19 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:28 PM

View Post-Ramrod-, on 22 June 2017 - 05:21 PM, said:

There was a little bug concerning the hero mechs. Rather the images you saw in the Mechlab. Upon mech selection the model for my Flourentine and K-9 were Adders. I customized them and saved and that updated the models to the correct models. I thought it was just kinda funny. Like "An Adder is not a medium and I don't have any Adders?"

I remember seeing this many years ago...

#20 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:38 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 22 June 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

Look at all those likes from IS players... you must be feeling so hot right now... I have feedback from you after testing them. I have a 6 cspl cheetah that does on average 150 to 200 damage less per match from 450-500 total damage to 300. And I'm a tier 3 potato (hence the small damage results) but there's no way I'm suddenly a worse pilot and that an alpha that does 12 damage less at almost the same heat makes no difference at all in my performance. Cataclysmic or not, 30% less damage, 1 effing third less damage is a stupidly big difference.

It IS stupid....stupid that you were even doing that much with spl. This is far more in line with what they should have been doing all along, even though I loved my 9 spl Nova. (note I play both not just IS, so you were wrong there too.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users