ISN News Flash

10 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:00 AM

Fri. Dec 23, 3048: Officials on Quentin vehemently deny reports of “Noonan Vedette” still operating against authorities in the Fire Rift.

#2 Cyote13

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:19 AM

Quentin shall be liberated from the Draconis tyranny.

#3 Glorius

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationPesht, Pesht Military District, Draconis Combine

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:34 AM

Silly ********! Everybody, who refuse Wisdom of Dragon, will be punished!

#4 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:35 AM

Sensing an in-joke here.

In all (remote) likelihood this "Noonan Vedette" is one of the few survivors of the Snake Stompers mercenary unit that was destroyed during the joint Wolf's Dragoons/Draconis Combine raid on Quentin IV in 3023, which took place in the Wolves on the Border novel. After being captured from the Federated Suns during the War of 3039, the planet remained under Combine control for several decades.

Edited by Ghost, 23 December 2011 - 09:40 AM.

#5 Rakett

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:45 AM

Yeah, well if any of the 'Stompers are still kicking, more power to them! By "officials" I assume ISN is referring to the Kuritan plantary governance. And as far as THOSE snakes are concerned...I shall quote lyrics from some of my favorite old Terran classical music; "Kill Em All"!

#6 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:32 AM

Why do you describe your allies as 'snakes' You call yourself an Eagle, but it appears you may be a FedCom duck. The Draconis Combine has never harmed the Free Wrold LEague, and in fact both benefit from trade and intelligence from the other...

#7 Rakett

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:02 AM

View Postverybad, on 24 December 2011 - 02:32 AM, said:

Why do you describe your allies as 'snakes' You call yourself an Eagle, but it appears you may be a FedCom duck. The Draconis Combine has never harmed the Free Wrold LEague, and in fact both benefit from trade and intelligence from the other...

That's a nice line. It's almost verbatim what I was fed by the Draconis liason officer when we negotiated terms of our one and only Kuritan contract. I fly the Marik banner because I'm a patriot through and through, but I retired from the FWDL ten years ago and have managed my own merc unit for the last six. With the 3rd Free Worlds Gaurds I never saw action with or against Kurita, but as a merc commander I got a good taste. I don't know what position you hold up there, but if you have access to DCMS security logs take a look at the after action report from Lima in '46. Assuming they haven't been doctored beyond recognition you'll fully understand my spite and revulsion for all things scaley and toothed. And to say that Marik benefits from the good will of the 'Combine only infers a double standard where friendship is based solely on convenience and political circumstance with no regard or respect for basic human liberties. I'm sorry my friend, but from where I come from that is not the definition of honor. I'm no fan of the Fed's...but then again they've never ordered me to shoot civilians. When I look across the Inner Sphere I see a whole lot of pots and kettles these days.

Edited by Rakett, 24 December 2011 - 09:50 AM.

#8 metro

• 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:48 AM

We shall have Quentin back. :)

#9 Grotonomus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 367 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMorningside, Pandora OA, Tamar March, Lyran Space, Federated Commonwealth

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:40 AM

Accepting all contracts against the Snake Heads. You tag 'em we bag 'em. Quentin will be free again!

#10 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:16 PM

View PostRakett, on 24 December 2011 - 07:02 AM, said:

I'm no fan of the Fed's...but then again they've never ordered me to shoot civilians. When I look across the Inner Sphere I see a whole lot of pots and kettles these days.

A terrorist is not a civilian. Those that raise weapons against the Dragon must be destroyed.

In our society, each citizen knows their role. If one has declared that they are a patriot, and yet one fights for money for other nations, then is one truly a patriot?

You may have fought for the Federated Commonwealth. Perhaps you never fought against the Free Worlds League, the society from which you were born, and think of yourself as a patriot.

However is it not true that the Lyran half of the Federated Commonwealth has fought many bloody wars with your society? By helping the Federated Commonwealth, even in a small, perhaps insignifigant way, you have harmed your home state, For money.

Mercenaries are immoral, and inethical. They fight for money, they do not follow a path of wisdom or ideals. They kill their fellows for mere material wealth.

I can not acept your words that you are a patriot as truth. A word is an easy thing to say, in the end, the path that a warrior walks is all that need be said.

I have fought for the Draconis Combine for 17 years, I lost my arm in the war of 3039, when my Dragon's cockpit was hit by an autocannon shell. I came back to the war after it was replaced, and fought again. The Draconis Combine provides me with a purpose, and to defend it's worlds I will take any pain, including death, and I will fight any enemy. Should the great armies of Kerensky and the SLDF return one day, why I would fight even them, were I the last warrior on a planet, facing an army of Battlemechs.

My promise to my lord is my honor. I have never betrayed my honor, nor will I.

The Coordinator provides leadership for us all, in return each child promises to follow once they are capable of speech. If a citizen betrays this promise, then they are obviously dishonorable traitors, and potentially terrorists. Their death is of no concern.

Edited by verybad, 24 December 2011 - 05:17 PM.

#11 Charles Martel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationQuentin. Wish you were here Hanse?

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

I'm of the opinion that FedRats do not have any right to complain about the consequences of a war they started. Nothing more dangerous in the galaxy than a self-righteous bunch who think their ideals give them the right to attack their neighbors.

I am proud of my service to The Dragon at Quentin. I was in the first scout elements that cut supply lines and harassed local forces until the rest of the 40th Dieron Regulars dropped and swept the FedRats from the field.

Consider Quentin a small price to pay for Theodore Kurita showing Hanse Davion the error of his arrogance.

I hold no enmity towards the people of the Federated Commonwealth, but if you attack the Combine be prepared to face hell its self. We DO fight back.

Edited by Charles Martel, 31 March 2012 - 11:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users