These Unlimited Spawns Are Ridiculous

21 replies to this topic

#1 World Breaker

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 12:08 PM

You have unlimited tanks and mechs spawning around you, even when you complete the mission after a hard fought battle you still have to race to the evac while your AI just get demolished by another barrage of endless spawns. It's impossible to even just break even with c-bills. Whoever designed this **** system should be stricken from making any further decisions. The game is actually fun apart from this, except for being a bit shallow story/creativity wise with missions. Anyway going to take a break a see if they fix this. If not I doubt ill return to MW5. Just needless immersion breaking nonsense.

#2 Flyby215

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 888 posts
  • LocationThunder Bay

Posted 25 December 2019 - 01:25 PM

I'll join in on the complaining here. I think it takes away from the thinking and planning when the enemy can just continuously respawn wherever and whenever. If dropships can fly over my head, and drop mechs down on my head, why can't Ryana drop some more friendly mechs to help me? It's not like she's even afraid of combat zones, sometimes dropping me off where I'm being shot at before I even leave the bay; or setting the exfil point to a place where an enemy lance is waiting to meet me (I'm pretty sure Ryana is secretly trying to kill me).

Except Warzone. In Warzone missions it is made clear in the briefings, and in the mission itself that you will be overrun, that the enemy will not stop, and that you are to get clear while still under fire. That is okay, but for other missions, I find unlimited spawns very annoying.

#3 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 297 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 03:21 PM

Get the complaint. "We don't need you anymore, you can leave" yet enemy mechs are still appearing which would mean that the base would technically get destroyed and makes no sense that they don't need you anymore.

Interesting idea though that you can just hang around as long as you want but if you didn't make it back then that would be kind of stupid.

#4 Jabilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 04:25 PM

Ridiculous unlimited spawns ruin the game and make half the mission types unplayable.

There is no skill or tactics as you have to cheese half of the mission types to complete them without taking excessive damage or failing outright.

Try to approach in any tactical fashion and you will be totally swarmed over. Completely immersion breaking.

I wish I had discovered how poorly thought out and implemented this game was within the first two hours and was able to refund.

No where to leave feedback apart from an unread sub, sub forum for a different game (MWO). I am disappoint.

Give us some indication that you are listening to feedback and I will take the time for a more detailed and constructive post but at this point I am just going to hope for some patches, The missions need fundamental redesign, not just pushing the spawn points further from the player.

Lose the unlimited spawns and if required balance difficulty in some other fashion.

Edited by Jabilo, 25 December 2019 - 04:31 PM.

#5 Sabertooth1966

• PipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 92 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 December 2019 - 06:06 PM

On war zone missions your usually there to do a delay tactic. Your contracted to kill X number of units and they will pay extra if you kill more, in other words delay them for longer than necessary. So if you or your lance got beat up pretty good getting to the base contract amount then just bug out, you did your job after all, if not to beat up take another wave or two to pad your pay. Then run.

For the raid or destroy missions I feel it adds some realism to it. Units are in route answering the S.O.S. call. If when they get there you have taken out the target they would not just let you walk away. They would try to make you pay for destroying the objective. So as actually tends to happen in real world cases. Take out the objective and bug out before the reinforcements can take you out.

#6 Thorasta

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 09:26 PM

I find I only have trouble on two types: Demolition and Raid.

I avoid them usually, but when I must do a Raid my workaround is to save, use the hero cicada, and just run from raid point to raid point as fast as I can. Equip only cheap weapons, and even if I get destroyed after achieving the mission but before exfil I call it a win. (it runs at maybe 133? km/hr)

The last demolition I did was part two of an extra loot level 90 quest, so I decided to give it a try. My stalker was rendered inop, the pilot was injured, it took 65 days or so to repair in an industrial planet, but I didn't lose any ER PPC's or Gauss or anything important so I went with it. Otherwise, I don't do demolition missions. they're too brutal.

I don't have a problem with warzone. It gives you a counter for how many you have to kill. You only face around 5 per wave. You can park your lance anywhere once you trip the spawn, and I like putting them up on a hill perhaps half a click from the city. You don't have to defend the city. The MAIN improvement I'd like is an indicator telling me where the exfil will be before achieving the contracted number of kills. Maybe give you a 'yellow' version of the exfil waypoint when you are within 5 kills of mission complete.

Edited by Thorasta, 25 December 2019 - 09:26 PM.

#7 Vorpal Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 250 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 10:34 PM

A strategy that can be helpful is to not kill all of the enemy mechs. Leave one or two of the least harmful ones after you strip most of their weapons. Sometimes more enemies wont spawn until all of the mechs in the previous wave die.

#8 Rorik Thrumsalr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 December 2019 - 03:49 PM

I love the game so far, but I agree. I have always hated unlimited enemy forces, it kills belief. That was my biggest problem with the Call of Duty franchise. If MW5 is going to spawn the quantity of bad guys that it does, at least we need stronger radar/lidar.

Keep the spawns: improve situational awareness.

#9 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 04:22 PM

According to Russ only Demolition and Warzone have infinite spawns, the other just have a fuckload of enemys from the start ^_^

#10 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 26 December 2019 - 07:42 PM

Yeah, that is true. Warzone is meant to be a grind which I don't do anyway and Demolition kind of makes sense to have unlimited spawns.

The rest have enemies that are already there and a few new ones get spawned at regular intervals. You just need to keep an eye out. Use the compass on the top of the screen as a threat detector rather than the mini-map.

#11 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 27 December 2019 - 12:56 AM

Endless spawns are a bad mechanic indeed. Just imagine.. who would throw endless resources to protecting a single location? Tanks ain't cheap yo!

And they still spawn right on top of you. I had a dropship drop a full lance of mechs literally on my head. Not to mention I was overlooking a completely empty field surrounding a target location from a high ridge, and as I descended down, mechs and tanks literally popped into existence in front of me. it's like they have Klingon Stealth technology or something. Posted Image

#12 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 27 December 2019 - 12:58 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 27 December 2019 - 12:56 AM, said:

And they still spawn right on top of you. I had a dropship drop a full lance of mechs literally on my head. Not to mention I was overlooking a completely empty field surrounding a target location from a high ridge, and as I descended down, mechs and tanks literally popped into existence in front of me. it's like they have Klingon Stealth technology or something. Posted Image

Dropping enemies on top of you from a dropship is fine. It's spawning out of thin air which is annoying. I've seen Cicadas being spawned in the air and dropping to the ground below before attacking me.

#13 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 27 December 2019 - 06:32 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 27 December 2019 - 12:58 AM, said:

Dropping enemies on top of you from a dropship is fine. It's spawning out of thin air which is annoying. I've seen Cicadas being spawned in the air and dropping to the ground below before attacking me.

I agree.. the things that pop into existance without any sense... although I do mind the dropships dropping endless waves of mechs no matter where you are on the map.. it's kinda ridiculous the amount of resources the enemy is willing to spend to kill you.

I want to be able to be strategic about my objectives. If I don't take the direct front door assault and spend 15 minuted walking all the way to the other side of the map, to take the high ground and use my LL's and LRMs to knock out my objective, I should be rewarded for that.. this way, no matter what you do or where you go, you just gotta take the quickest route, smash buildings and rush out or get cut down. And you simply MUST fight certain enemies, no matter what.. No way to outsmart them.

It hurts strategic play.

Edited by Vellron2005, 27 December 2019 - 06:35 AM.

#14 Five by Five

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 09:11 AM

I'm keeping a the Hero Spider in my active stable, some of the raid maps work best as a kill 'em all and others it's better to pilot a spider, put everone else in the heaviest stuff left and just race ahead of them, try to get all the targets smashed with the spider before your three AI's take too much damage.

#15 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 27 December 2019 - 09:26 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 27 December 2019 - 06:32 AM, said:

And you simply MUST fight certain enemies, no matter what.. No way to outsmart them.

It hurts strategic play.

I think the problem is the mission types. MW5 is more or less like a FPS version of HBS's Battletech but with a lot more enemies. The mission types also reflect what kind of builds might work better.

I feel I'm doing better by bringing insane brawlers into Warzone and Defend Base missions while having another lance of mechs specially built to engage enemies at 400+m for Raid, Demolition and Assassination missions.

The brawlers can drop Heavy and Assault mechs with 2 alpha strikes almost and since the Warzone and Defense missions throw enemies straight at you wave-after-wave, it is fine whereas in other missions, you have to preserve your armour first and foremost 'cause you have to kill lots of enemies, complete the objectives and then high-tail it out of there.

#16 Five by Five

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 09:37 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 27 December 2019 - 09:26 AM, said:

The mission types also reflect what kind of builds might work better.

A big reason why Sell From Cold Storage needs to be added, makes it harder to keep specialized lances if you have to keep rejiggering a mech to sell off your salvage.

#17 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 02:27 PM

So, with the method I have been using almost habitually I haven't noticed any difference with spawns compared to before PGI's fix, as I'd been looking into space occasionally to get them to spawn far away from me.

Has anyone not rolling their vision around noticed any differences in spawns?

#18 Five by Five

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 02:45 PM

View PostKoniving, on 27 December 2019 - 02:27 PM, said:

Has anyone not rolling their vision around noticed any differences in spawns?

When I started rolling view more, I did notice spawns generating after I looked away and when I came back. After the fix, it's not as apparent and I'm not entirely sure it's still necessary. I still see some bad spawns, but not as common as before.

Now, what's cool, not sure if it is intentional design and/or part of the fix, but I've noticed tanks that appear to have been hull down behind terrain a lot more often now, like they were waiting in ambush.

#19 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 03:58 PM

View PostFive by Five, on 27 December 2019 - 02:45 PM, said:

Now, what's cool, not sure if it is intentional design and/or part of the fix, but I've noticed tanks that appear to have been hull down behind terrain a lot more often now, like they were waiting in ambush.

Supposedly, those are the "troll spawns", the ambush spawns that Russ talked about where some spawns are supposed to do that.

But there was some technical issue in which the game wasn't taking certain things into account with normal spawns when it came to where you were looking which is why old spawns would wait until you looked away (which they're supposed to, but things like map geometry is also supposed to count as "you can't see the spawn point, time to spawn". These were not working for some reason that they supposedly fixed).

#20 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 06:40 PM

View PostVellron2005, on 27 December 2019 - 12:56 AM, said:

Endless spawns are a bad mechanic indeed. Just imagine.. who would throw endless resources to protecting a single location? Tanks ain't cheap yo!

I do wonder if this scenario is them spawning or an actual draw distance issue. I took one mission where i had to demolish a small town 1.5KM away, and had the rare opportunity to actually have 1.5k line of sight.

So, i perched on my hill and proceeded to fire long range rounds at the sky scrapers for a period of a few minutes. Around then at ~700m range mechs, tanks and VTOLs popped into view in a 30* arc in front of me. That was a reasonable amount of time (for the mechs/tanks at least) to have moved from the city to my location.

It does make me question the usefulness of long range weapons if things arent in visual range till 600-800m though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users