Mwo Comp 2020 Announcement

53 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 04:01 PM

MWO Comp 2020 Announcement
MWO Comp is pleased to reveal the details of the 2020 MWO Comp Championship Series (MWOCS), a worldwide competition that will determine which team is the strongest MWO team in 2020!
The MWO Comp Championship Series is an unofficial MWO Series designed to serve as the true end game for MWO. We invite aspiring teams to take part in the Series.
Important Information
Important Dates
Stage 1: In-game Competitive Queue
The in-game competitive queue opens on the 29th of September and closes on the 10th of November. The queue is open for matches every Thursday and Saturday.
Stage 2: Finals
Starting on the 13th of November and finishing with the Grand Final Matches on the 12th of December.
Prizes:
There will be both in game and cash prizes, final cash prize is to be determined while the in-game prizes supplied by PGI are detailed below:
Would you like to support the MWO Comp Championship Series 2020? You can do so in the following ways:
If anyone in the community wishes to donate some of their time or creations to the prize pool please contact: Live1991#7633 on discord.
We would like to help support the whole MWO community.
Questions?
Please join our discord and we will be happy to answer! https://discord.gg/6wxM5hC
Disclaimer:
This is not a PGI official event; PGI is only giving in-game support. The players organising MWO Comp will be responsible for the tournament and the potential physical or cash prize distributions they may organise. Anything you choose to donate or personal information you choose to give to the event organisers is solely at your discretion.
Keep an eye out for an upcoming announcement on a Comp themed event and sale!

#2 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 04:42 PM

It begins again!

#3 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 11 September 2020 - 06:07 PM

View PostDeadfire, on 11 September 2020 - 04:42 PM, said:

It begins again!

You can't make me Dadfire!

#4 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 06:13 PM

Huge thanks to Kras etc for handling all of this.

Remember folks:

Click here https://discord.gg/6wxM5hC

To head over to the discord. It's free! You don't have to download anything (although there is a standalone client that is much better than the browser version)

Lots of Q&A about comp, help and advice for people interested, guidance, leadership, training available. Lots of people looking to practice and help and run strategies. Good place to look for teams too!

We've seen a lot of surprising things happen in the last few comp/exhibitions/trials. Good to see some shake ups and good to see new people giving it a go. Unfortunately there's been some doubt and unfair negativity cast upon *comp* as an event and as a community over the years, it'd be great to see people give it a try and see just what's involved!

Comp has enough different brackets and divisions for people of all skill levels and interest. You'll be able to find a team and opponents who should reflect your own level of skill, experience and expectations! Come and see how your skills line up, or come just for a bit of of fun. Comp matches tend to be a very different experience from quickplay or even group play. In fact, some of the lower divisions have had the most parity among teams and have had some of the most exciting matches!

Later in this post if I'm not feeling lazy I might dig up some of the best comp matches to post, just in case there are people who have never watched one and are curious as to what it entails.

#5 MavadoG

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 21 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 September 2020 - 06:34 PM

Excited to see this happening. This game deserves more love and more players.

#6 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 11 September 2020 - 10:32 PM

Just started playing MWO for the past 10 weeks in earnest.
(Went away shortly after MWO launched back in the founder package days).

Love this MWO game!

Just wishing that there's a new MWO Comp Tournament category for teams with 100% new players (who have only joined MWO for the past 12 months). THAT would be a blast!

#7 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 September 2020 - 11:09 PM

View Postw0qj, on 11 September 2020 - 10:32 PM, said:

Love this MWO game!

Just wishing that there's a new MWO Comp Tournament category for teams with 100% new players (who have only joined MWO for the past 12 months). THAT would be a blast!

Then you missed the past 5 years then... with almost 2-3 leagues per year all with skill-based divisions with lower skilled and new teams playing eatchother in lower divs for prizes. There was one earlier this year. There is one going on right now (although it's on its last week)... and after the championships, there is going to be one early next year.

Edited by Navid A1, 11 September 2020 - 11:10 PM.

#8 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 02:32 AM

Be aware there's a legal loophole where your comp team leader can just randomly kick you out of his team in the last few days, to make room for one of his IRL friends, own alternate accounts or whatever... AFTER you actively helped him complete his team's qualification matches.

In fact that's exactly what [redacted] did to me in the 2019 comp event. Not even an argument or word of explanation exchanged, even after I caught him in a FP match that same day he randomly kicked me out : He just wanted to hand the comp gains I earned to another account.

So if anything make sure you choose yourself a half decent comp leader, instead of one who's name ends in [redacted].

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 13 September 2020 - 10:21 PM.

#9 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 04:00 AM

View PostWarning incoming Humble Dexterer, on 12 September 2020 - 02:32 AM, said:

Be aware there's a legal loophole where your comp team leader can just randomly kick you out of his team in the last few days, to make room for one of his IRL friends, own alternate accounts or whatever... AFTER you actively helped him complete his team's qualification matches.

In fact that's exactly what [redacted] did to me in the 2019 comp event. Not even an argument or word of explanation exchanged, even after I caught him in a FP match that same day he randomly kicked me out : He just wanted to hand the comp gains I earned to another account.

So if anything make sure you choose yourself a half decent comp leader, instead of one who's name ends in [redacted].

Sounds like a your problem.

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 13 September 2020 - 10:21 PM.

#10 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 04:13 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 12 September 2020 - 04:00 AM, said:

Sounds like a your problem.

Yes : I qualified a winning slot, instead of myself.

#11 Poor-Life-Choices

• PipPip
  • Chu-sa
  • Chu-sa
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 08:11 AM

Are the rewards per player, or per team?

#12 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 08:47 AM

View PostSocal Bronco, on 12 September 2020 - 08:11 AM, said:

Are the rewards per player, or per team?

per player

#13 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 11:06 AM

I would like to see a return of this small time boost that you could buy and where part of the money went into the prize money.

#14 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 12 September 2020 - 03:54 PM

View Post-Ramrod-, on 12 September 2020 - 02:53 PM, said:

[Redacted]

Eyeball V1.0 is OP.

#15 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 13 September 2020 - 04:00 AM

View PostWarning incoming Humble Dexterer, on 12 September 2020 - 02:32 AM, said:

But you've moved on, right?

Any teams want someone to momentarily distract the enemy by being a sacrificial lamb know where to find me.

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 13 September 2020 - 10:22 PM.

#16 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 13 September 2020 - 07:43 AM

Looking forward to this :)

#17 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 13 September 2020 - 02:52 PM

View Postw0qj, on 11 September 2020 - 10:32 PM, said:

Love this MWO game!

We just had TOC 5V5, but compQ should be fun join or create a team and try it out. Hit up our discord.

View PostNesutizale, on 12 September 2020 - 11:06 AM, said:

I would like to see a return of this small time boost that you could buy and where part of the money went into the prize money.

MWO Comp would support that, I guess reach out to support or Russ and let him know how you feel.

[Redacted]

If you have anything to backup your claims, please report the videos to PGI, if they take no action send it to me to push PGI to take action, MWO Comp will not let cheaters play.

However if you are just making up stuff with no proof, shame on you for saying someone who is better than you cheats.

Most/every game is streamed and it’s easy to pick up people cheating.

Cheer Live - MWO Comp Admin.

#18 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 14 September 2020 - 07:50 AM

Honestly the top 500 rewards alone look really nice, and it seems like a lot of fun. If only I actually had the time to play. How many matches would one be expected to play on the Thursday and Saturday? Is that even a question that makes sense to ask?

#19 PASHA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 149 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 08:43 AM

[Redacted]

Players (at an undisclosed stage in every tournament) were and will be vetted for such things.

#20 FallGuy0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 11:19 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 14 September 2020 - 07:50 AM, said:

Honestly the top 500 rewards alone look really nice, and it seems like a lot of fun. If only I actually had the time to play. How many matches would one be expected to play on the Thursday and Saturday? Is that even a question that makes sense to ask?

IIRC you have to play 25 matches in the first phase to get ranked

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users