Mechwarrior 5: Clans Gamescom Trailer

20 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,828 posts

Posted 20 August 2024 - 12:23 PM

MECHWARRIOR 5: CLANS GAMESCOM TRAILER

How much of your humanity are you willing to give to see tyranny fall?

Greetings MechWarriors!

We're very excited to share with you the new MechWarrior 5: CLANS Gamescom trailer featuring new gameplay, plus a first look at 'Mech lab customization, new biomes, and more!

Featuring more than 90 minutes of cinematic cutscenes, the linear-style MechWarrior 5: Clans follows the 2019 release of the sandbox-style MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, and brings players a class of MechWarrior game not seen for decades in a narratively driven campaign playable solo or in up to five-player co-op.

Piranha Games, will take the franchise to new heights when it drops on PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S on Oct. 3. Today’s footage previews MechWarrior 5: Clans’ gameplay loop with a peek at refined frontend systems, stunning biomes and key in-game moments, teasing more of what to expect when MechWarrior 5: Clans launches this fall.

Wishlist Today at https://mw5clans.com/
The Invasion Begins October 3rd, 2024!
In MECHWARRIOR 5: CLANS, you assume the role of a young pilot freshly graduated from training on Huntress, the Smoke Jaguar home world. As a vital member of a five-mech squad, known as a "Star," you find yourself thrust into the heart of the Clan Invasion of the Inner Sphere.

MECHWARRIOR 5: CLANS is a new standalone game made in Unreal Engine 5 that delivers a story-driven campaign with over 90 minutes of cinematics.

Experience challenging and immersive missions on multiple worlds.

Pilot your OmniMech with streamlined Mech controls

Command your Star with the intuitive Command Wheel, and dynamic Battlegrid.

All new CLAN-themed metagame, Mechlab, and Pilot Progression.

Playable with 1 to 5 Players with Cross-play Co-op on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series S|X, and PC

Releasing October 3rd, 2024.

#2 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,663 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 20 August 2024 - 12:54 PM

Wishlisted. I await the call to arms.

#3 0 Damage

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 August 2024 - 01:34 PM

I'm just reporting that "VK Play" is currently gaining popularity in Russia. It's a local analogue of Steam, which may have more lenient fees for developers. The game should also be added to it.

Edited by 0 Damage, 20 August 2024 - 02:13 PM.

#4 0 Damage

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 August 2024 - 01:39 PM

In 2024, uploading game videos in 1080p is no longer enough. Now they use 4K

#5 Solomon Birch

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 61 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 20 August 2024 - 04:25 PM

In 3050 1080p is retro and cool again.Posted Image

#6 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationSaint-Petersburg, Russia.

Posted 20 August 2024 - 08:20 PM

Wow, it's a bomb! The best video I've seen. PGI, thank you for making the dream game of a lifetime. Biomes are huge and very diverse, briefings are even cooler than before, honor points, currency, mech lab what a new one, wow. Everything is great. And the graphics, sweetie.

Edited by Pyc_MadWolf, 20 August 2024 - 08:20 PM.

#7 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 August 2024 - 10:19 PM

I can't wait.

#8 Ralph Edwards

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ravenous
  • The Ravenous
  • 190 posts

Posted 21 August 2024 - 12:37 AM

YES! I especially was excited to see the clip of the Sabre Cat.

#9 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 August 2024 - 01:59 AM

Open a pre-order! I want to buy your game with all the add-ons. Here and now :)). P.S. When will you update the localization list?

#10 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 201 posts

Posted 21 August 2024 - 03:47 AM

Very excited.

Now that the work on Clans is almost finished... Can we talk about MWO2 as the next project soon?

#11 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 August 2024 - 05:06 AM

View PostThe Chancelor, on 21 August 2024 - 03:47 AM, said:

Very excited.

Now that the work on Clans is almost finished... Can we talk about MWO2 as the next project soon?
Don't you read the news? There will be no MWO 2. There will be a new single-player game and possibly a multi-player if the Clans they will be very successful.. MWO is unprofitable and barely pays for its maintenance. There is no question of net profit.

Edited by Pyc_MadWolf, 21 August 2024 - 05:07 AM.

#12 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 201 posts

Posted 21 August 2024 - 05:31 AM

View PostPyc_MadWolf, on 21 August 2024 - 05:06 AM, said:

Don't you read the news? There will be no MWO 2. There will be a new single-player game and possibly a multi-player if the Clans they will be very successful.. MWO is unprofitable and barely pays for its maintenance. There is no question of net profit.

Well, I do not read those news. Can you support me with a link? Last thing I saw was devlog with Daeron where they talked about a possible MWO2.

#13 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 August 2024 - 05:34 AM

View PostThe Chancelor, on 21 August 2024 - 05:31 AM, said:

Well, I do not read those news. Can you support me with a link? Last thing I saw was devlog with Daeron where they talked about a possible MWO2.

Russ Bullock said that they would leave free and play. He gave the last interview to NGNG.

#14 Abaddun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 253 posts

Posted 21 August 2024 - 05:49 AM

It seems rather unreasonable that PGI wouldn't consider MWO2, The engine for MWO is over a decade old, and with the release of clans they would have a pretty comprehensive set of assets done up in unreal engine 5. Given that Russ and co would look for ways to ensure the companies longevity, it makes sense to spingboard a new game off the assets made for MW5 mercs and clans to get people interested in the IP again.

#15 KeZangaren777

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 August 2024 - 02:10 PM

If they Decide to release MWO2 and ditch MWO completely at least make it Offline mode with Bot. I just Don't like my Mech Collection being abandoned in the Limbo

#16 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 681 posts

Posted 21 August 2024 - 07:50 PM

it does look cool alright, would like more details though, like gameplay details, new features, in which ways is this gonna be any different than MW5M? any chance PGI can share something about that?

View PostKeZangaren777, on 21 August 2024 - 02:10 PM, said:

If they Decide to release MWO2 and ditch MWO completely at least make it Offline mode with Bot. I just Don't like my Mech Collection being abandoned in the Limbo

if MWO2 ends up being everything MWO wasn't and more, I will forgive them for all those mechs abandoned in the limbo.

Edited by simon1812, 21 August 2024 - 07:51 PM.

#17 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 201 posts

Posted 21 August 2024 - 10:13 PM

I've been reading for several years that mwo is dead and wouldn't make PGI any money, the players are leaving and blah blah blah

If the life of MWO2 only lasts half as long as the demise of MWO, the investment is definitely worth it, especially if the engine and 3D models already exist.

Hands down!

#18 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 August 2024 - 10:00 AM

Will there be voice acting only in English or will there be localization in other languages?

#19 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 August 2024 - 12:49 PM

Heh, the beginning and end of the new trailer made a reference to two endings of the videos, MW3 and MW2: 31 Century Combat. Summoner falls in both cases, and since 31 Century Combat, the winner has been reversed and the confrontation between Summoner and Timber Wolf is shown in general. Only now Timber Wolf is coming out from behind the stone, and in MW2 Summoner was coming out. Nostalgia :) . So it is clear that we were shown a test of the position at the end of the certification. Jayden came out on Summoner as Aiden :)

#20 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 August 2024 - 02:32 PM

The system requirements have been updated on the game's Steam page. Recommended requirements for playing in FHD resolution with ray tracing enabled or not?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users