Mechwarrior Online - Bane Preorder Is Here!

54 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 12 September 2024 - 03:38 PM

MechWarrior Online - Bane Preorder is here!

#2 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 692 posts

Posted 12 September 2024 - 03:39 PM

OMG !!!! ... FIRST!!!

ok now seriously...the bane eh? doesnt ring many bells, it does look gorgeous though.

https://www.sarna.ne...ki/Bane_(Kraken)

oh well holy crap 10xUAC2 and 4Xmachineguns....color me curious

you guys at PGI are full of surprises as of late ...if you tell me you are also adding melee to the game...I swear I will buy the collector pack for the bane.

Edited by simon1812, 12 September 2024 - 03:49 PM.

#3 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,677 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 12 September 2024 - 03:41 PM

I called it! 2, 3, 4, 6, and 7 variants.

#4 rox5tar

• PipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 33 posts
  • LocationOut of Bounds

Posted 12 September 2024 - 03:47 PM

"Modified Ballistic Loader" in the head of the "Leviathan" hero. SPILL THE TEA PGI

#5 Tiy0s

Staff

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 111 posts
  • LocationEdo, Turtle Bay

Posted 12 September 2024 - 03:57 PM

So you guys might have noticed a piece of equipment in the Bane Leviathan called the Modified Ballistic Loader. I'm sure you all wonder what it does.

We're still ironing out the final details, so I won't give any stats. But here's the working ingame description for that item.

"The Modified Ballistic Loader allows a mech to load experimental ammunition to change its weapon behavior. Due to the changes in how autocannons and gauss rifles operate, the Modified Ballistic Loader also contains a rudimentary Targeting Computer to help the mech compensate. Due to how complex the inner workings of the Loader is, it is fused to the chassis of a mech and cannot be removed."

Experimental ammunition? What does that do? The Modified Ballistic Loader is a locked item exclusive to the Leviathan that will convert UAC/ACs to single shot ballistics. This will not apply to LBx weapons. The Loader will also convert Gauss/HAG rounds into flechette rounds that spread. Clan Gauss will essentially become Silver Bullet Gauss on the Leviathan, and HAG will become... rapid fire LBx I guess? I dunno I'm not sure if there's an analogue I can give that players have already seen.

As for the rudimentary TComp, it will have the weapon benefits of a TComp 1 such as range, velocity, etc. But it will not have the sensor, zoom, or targeting boosts. As the Loader contains a TComp, you will not be able to put another one on the mech.

There ya have it! Since the Modified Loader is locked to the Leviathan, there's no way around that ballistic weapon behavior change. So if you want normal Gauss, HAG, AC, or UACs then you gotta use a different variant. We're still deliberating on things like spread for gauss rounds, whether or not we want velo or stat changes on single shot ACs, and other things like that so no stats just yet! Gotta wait until release.

#6 chaosshade2638

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 98 posts
  • LocationAround

Posted 12 September 2024 - 04:22 PM

... not another dakka boat... these are sooo annoying

#7 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,668 posts

Posted 12 September 2024 - 04:26 PM

#8 The Brewer

• PipPipPip
  • The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 September 2024 - 04:34 PM

This looks absolutely wonderful, well done! And the Hero having a special trick makes this the coolest release yet. Bravo.

#9 djieff

Rookie

• The Ace
  • The Ace
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 September 2024 - 05:13 PM

A clan design made before the year 3000 in the lore! Will it be coming to mechwarrior 5 clans as well?
:o

#10 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,679 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 12 September 2024 - 05:35 PM

View PostTiy0s, on 12 September 2024 - 03:57 PM, said:

So you guys might have noticed a piece of equipment in the Bane Leviathan called the Modified Ballistic Loader. I'm sure you all wonder what it does.

We're still ironing out the final details, so I won't give any stats. But here's the working ingame description for that item.

"The Modified Ballistic Loader allows a mech to load experimental ammunition to change its weapon behavior. Due to the changes in how autocannons and gauss rifles operate, the Modified Ballistic Loader also contains a rudimentary Targeting Computer to help the mech compensate. Due to how complex the inner workings of the Loader is, it is fused to the chassis of a mech and cannot be removed."

Experimental ammunition? What does that do? The Modified Ballistic Loader is a locked item exclusive to the Leviathan that will convert UAC/ACs to single shot ballistics. This will not apply to LBx weapons. The Loader will also convert Gauss/HAG rounds into flechette rounds that spread. Clan Gauss will essentially become Silver Bullet Gauss on the Leviathan, and HAG will become... rapid fire LBx I guess? I dunno I'm not sure if there's an analogue I can give that players have already seen.

As for the rudimentary TComp, it will have the weapon benefits of a TComp 1 such as range, velocity, etc. But it will not have the sensor, zoom, or targeting boosts. As the Loader contains a TComp, you will not be able to put another one on the mech.

There ya have it! Since the Modified Loader is locked to the Leviathan, there's no way around that ballistic weapon behavior change. So if you want normal Gauss, HAG, AC, or UACs then you gotta use a different variant. We're still deliberating on things like spread for gauss rounds, whether or not we want velo or stat changes on single shot ACs, and other things like that so no stats just yet! Gotta wait until release.

Really hope we get a future update with swappable clan LBX ammo. I've always preferred the single shot autocannon slugs from the IS over the Clans but it's a personal preference.

#11 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Driven
  • Driven
  • 347 posts

Posted 12 September 2024 - 06:40 PM

View Postsimon1812, on 12 September 2024 - 03:39 PM, said:

OMG !!!! ... FIRST!!!

ok now seriously...the bane eh? doesnt ring many bells, it does look gorgeous though.

https://www.sarna.ne...ki/Bane_(Kraken)

oh well holy crap 10xUAC2 and 4Xmachineguns....color me curious

you guys at PGI are full of surprises as of late ...if you tell me you are also adding melee to the game...I swear I will buy the collector pack for the bane.

It is never coming to mwo-

#12 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,059 posts

Posted 12 September 2024 - 06:47 PM

damn it, i might have to buy one now.

#13 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 12 September 2024 - 06:47 PM

100 ton non-omni with a 300 max engine?

#14 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,677 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 12 September 2024 - 06:52 PM

View Postchaosshade2638, on 12 September 2024 - 04:22 PM, said:

... not another dakka boat... these are sooo annoying

Be Afraid. Be very, very afraid the x16 Light, Heavy and Regular Machine Gun B***h is here! DEAL with it!!

Edited by Hawk819, 12 September 2024 - 06:53 PM.

#15 Cheeks Akimbo

• PipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 September 2024 - 10:30 PM

Oh joy another 100 ton sniper boat

#16 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 231 posts

Posted 12 September 2024 - 11:36 PM

The Box is officially dead.....

#17 Poltuhgeist

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 03:37 AM

So could this mean the Bane could be in MW5:Clans in the future??

#18 Ery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 179 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 03:41 AM

BANE-2: UAC-10 HSL +2 ??? Posted Image

Edited by Ery, 13 September 2024 - 03:41 AM.

#19 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 634 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 13 September 2024 - 04:53 AM

What a waste of potential. Damn, Bane 5 was rejected just because MwO didn't had a RAC's for Clans, EC structure (Endo-Composite)? Such bummer.

View PostTiy0s, on 12 September 2024 - 03:57 PM, said:

(...)The Modified Ballistic Loader is a locked item exclusive to the Leviathan that will convert UAC/ACs to single shot ballistics. (...)

So you mean:

UAC's become an OS weapon, or behaves like a MW5 Rifles?

#20 0 Damage

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 05:23 AM

The release of assolts is no longer encouraging. What about light mechs? Medium?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users