29 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 12 September 2024 - 04:16 PM

MechWarrior Online Late Q3 Update!

Greetings MechWarriors,

Welcome to the late Q3 update! We’re overdue to let you all in on what we’ve been working on for MWO. It’s a very busy time for us at Piranha Games with the upcoming release of MechWarrior 5: Clans. We’ve got a lot to cover in this post, so let’s jump right in!

SEPTEMBER PATCH
First, I have to rip the band-aid off and let you all know that we had to roll our September patch content into the October patch. This means there will be no game update on our next regular patch date (Sept 17th), but there will still be scheduled downtime for maintenance.

ANNUAL REWARDS POST
We’re happy to finally get the Annual Rewards post up and let you know what variants the team has been working on to show our appreciation for your support of the game.

BANE / KRAKEN
The Bane preorder is up! We’re so excited to introduce the next Clan 'Mech joining the MWO roster! Another amazing redesign from Alex I, and a big shoutout to the Mech Creation team for tackling this mech.

NEW MAP
We’ve got a new map on the way! The Early Access release is slated for the October patch. The Level Design and Environment Art teams will no doubt share some images soon, but I’ll say this—the map is partially inspired by a mission in MW5: Clans.

OCTOBER MECH CONTENT
We left a huge hint in the Annual Rewards about what the Mech content will be for the October patch. Keep an eye out!

NEXT FREE MECH EVENT
I’ll be setting up the next free mech event to start soon™.

Thank you for playing MWO!
The MechWarrior Online Team

#2 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 692 posts

Posted 12 September 2024 - 05:23 PM

wooooohhhh!!! FIRST AGAIN!!! thumbs up to Alex I and the mech creation team, the Bane looks pretty damn cool!!

Edited by simon1812, 12 September 2024 - 05:24 PM.

#3 hypographia

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 September 2024 - 06:37 PM

New mapsy? Can't wait to see it! Also, any more hints on the Fast Boi?

#4 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 937 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 12 September 2024 - 10:39 PM

New map...
Someone what decrease range of engagements I hope... 6000+ metres trades are long since boring and bothersome...

View Posthypographia, on 12 September 2024 - 06:37 PM, said:

New mapsy? Can't wait to see it! Also, any more hints on the Fast Boi?

If it Clan-based and connects to the invading Clans then most probably Fire moth... It missing since the introduce of Clans to MWO since that is a basic Clan model...

#5 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,677 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 12 September 2024 - 10:59 PM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 12 September 2024 - 10:39 PM, said:

New map...
Someone what decrease range of engagements I hope... 6000+ metres trades are long since boring and bothersome...

If it Clan-based and connects to the invading Clans then most probably Fire moth... It missing since the introduce of Clans to MWO since that is a basic Clan model...

No Firemoth. . . . Period. This has been debunked since the Clans release.

#6 TheDeathCrepeer

Rookie

• The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 September 2024 - 11:56 PM

So, the secret Grand Summoner (aka Thor II) is coming to MWO? Posted Image

#7 Valec

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 03:10 AM

View PostHawk819, on 12 September 2024 - 10:59 PM, said:

No Firemoth. . . . Period. This has been debunked since the Clans release.

That's some serious confidence. You work at PGI?

#8 Corporal Adrian Shephard

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 03:55 AM

PGI please add a field with damage from artillery and air strikes to the final statistics

#9 Tarriss Halcyon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 243 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 13 September 2024 - 05:44 AM

View PostValec, on 13 September 2024 - 03:10 AM, said:

The biggest issue with the Fire Moth - and why I don't see it coming until a DLC pack for MW5C - is the speed. PGI need to figure out how to run the Fire Moth in MWO because it's outright faster than the Flea... and faster than the ancient behemoth of Cryengine 3 can handle. MW5C, using Unreal Engine, might be able to take it; but PGI haven't really done anything to allow light mechs to break the 200kph barrier. The Fire Moth, as an omni, can't have a maximum engine size cap to prevent it from breaking the engine - the default with the fixed MASC does that.

This has been discussed repeatedly since the release of the Clans, and if PGI have finally figured out a way around the issue; they've not hinted at a way around the speed cap.

Now, that being said; I'm rather curious to see the Grand Summoner...

#10 torsie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 253 posts
  • LocationLost in the snow :3

Posted 13 September 2024 - 05:52 AM

Please not another snow map Posted Image

#11 Mercarryn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 293 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 13 September 2024 - 06:13 AM

Alpine Peaks 2.0 incoming Posted Image

#12 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 September 2024 - 07:25 AM

Finally!!!
Posted Image

View PostDuke Falcon, on 12 September 2024 - 10:39 PM, said:

Fire Moth would be amazing!
(if not in MWO, at least in MW5's Ghost Bear DLC)

#13 Ch0c0L4t3m1Lk

• PipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 10:02 AM

hey, a lot of people are saying the next free mech should be the MAD 9M(s) and i agree!!

#14 Goober goos

• PipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 10:13 AM

Is there a date yet for the free mech event?

Edited by Goober goos, 13 September 2024 - 05:52 PM.

#15 CoronaStrider

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 10:16 AM

What can you tell us about the Kingfisher? When will it be released? After the Bane? The Bane looks amazing but the Kingfisher is one of my favorites.

Edited by CoronaStrider, 13 September 2024 - 10:18 AM.

#16 MayhemMatador

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 01:47 PM

View PostValec, on 13 September 2024 - 03:10 AM, said:

View PostTarriss Halcyon, on 13 September 2024 - 05:44 AM, said:

The biggest issue with the Fire Moth - and why I don't see it coming until a DLC pack for MW5C - is the speed. PGI need to figure out how to run the Fire Moth in MWO because it's outright faster than the Flea... and faster than the ancient behemoth of Cryengine 3 can handle. MW5C, using Unreal Engine, might be able to take it; but PGI haven't really done anything to allow light mechs to break the 200kph barrier. The Fire Moth, as an omni, can't have a maximum engine size cap to prevent it from breaking the engine - the default with the fixed MASC does that.

This has been discussed repeatedly since the release of the Clans, and if PGI have finally figured out a way around the issue; they've not hinted at a way around the speed cap.

Now, that being said; I'm rather curious to see the Grand Summoner...

So to summarize: No he doesn't work for PGI

#17 Epsilon818

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 05:04 PM

COM-IIC

Edited by Epsilon818, 13 September 2024 - 05:05 PM.

#18 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 14 September 2024 - 01:30 AM

View PostMatt Newman, as InnerSphereNews, on 12 September 2024 - 04:16 PM, said:

MechWarrior Online Late Q3 Update!

<<< snip >>>

SEPTEMBER PATCH
First, I have to rip the band-aid off and let you all know that we had to roll our September patch content into the October patch. This means there will be no game update on our next regular patch date (Sept 17th), but there will still be scheduled downtime for maintenance.

Understood... Can never blame for needing to delay, even if I'm curious what caused this need to push back and merge the update content in that way. Maybe you'll feed us all more details as time passes? Any which way, you're getting a big Thank You for being straightforward with this advance heads-up! :D

View PostMatt Newman, as InnerSphereNews, on 12 September 2024 - 04:16 PM, said:

ANNUAL REWARDS POST
We’re happy to finally get the Annual Rewards post up and let you know what variants the team has been working on to show our appreciation for your support of the game.

Glad to see that page's arrival. I hope nobody was so mean as to bite that cupcake! :)

Out of curiosity, and only if this is NOT too much to ask, is there any chance that future Annual Rewards could possibly contain a New Section which would give some kind of Bonus Reward to those who participate heavily in Events during the year? For an example, if someone engages enough in any 8 Events (say, minimum 80% or more in completion on every one of those Events) during a given year, then it would unlock an additional Bonus Reward as thanks for their participating so heavily? I'm very much of an opinion that this could make people think/feel there is more incentive to engage properly in Events going forward, and increase how many play on MWO a whole lot more, given what was said about "honey vs. vinegar" as an adage back in past decades. :o

BANE / KRAKEN
The Bane preorder is up! We’re so excited to introduce the next Clan 'Mech joining the MWO roster! Another amazing redesign from Alex I, and a big shoutout to the Mech Creation team for tackling this mech.

Not sure that I can say much here, other than that I will look forward to finding the weak spots on this one. :P

NEW MAP
We’ve got a new map on the way! The Early Access release is slated for the October patch. The Level Design and Environment Art teams will no doubt share some images soon, but I’ll say this—the map is partially inspired by a mission in MW5: Clans.

Huh... So it's actually possible to transit/transfer/translate (not sure which one of those fits) some form of Map Assets between "MW5: Clans" and "MWO" for cross-use in development? Nice! ^_^

OCTOBER MECH CONTENT
We left a huge hint in the Annual Rewards about what the Mech content will be for the October patch. Keep an eye out!

I noticed that one for the "Grand Summoner" which you have incoming. Interesting, because this left me thinking about something else. Those of you working on MWO over at PGI have now released (or soon will) small packages for all of the following...
  • Grand Summoner
  • Commando IIC
  • Wolfhound IIC
  • Black Hawk-KU
  • UrbanMech IIC
  • Clan Burrock's Executioner
...and it left me realizing the massive missed Sales opportunity in terms of full MechPacks which could be made. Sure, some of these (UM-IIC, WLF-IIC, COM-IIC) lack natural additional Variants on their own to simply include. What can be done about those is to look at what they're based from, and extrapolate using that information in order to create a full Variant array for the Chassis's heading within MWO's own environment. Please avoid shortchanging yourselves, and expand those Chassis's Variant arrays as to enable your company making additional Real $$$ which the whole MWO Team can then thoroughly thrive upon! I'm rather sure that some people out there would simply stand up and yell at you to take their money immediately... :huh:

NEXT FREE MECH EVENT
I’ll be setting up the next free mech event to start soon™.

I'll be looking forward to that upcoming Monthly Free Mech Event for sure. Perhaps we're overdue for a variant of Thanatos (but not the TNS-5S please) or something else that has not really been drawn from? B)

That said, please...
DON'T USE VALVE TIME!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :blink:

~D. V. "MWO Late 2024-Q3 Update? Must... Help... PGI... MWO... Team... Grow..." Devnull

[Minor wording edit by the post author to keep a particular phrase together... They have not figured out how to do some non-breaking spaces in their text here yet...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 14 September 2024 - 01:36 AM.

#19 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 14 September 2024 - 02:15 AM

View PostGoober goos, on 13 September 2024 - 10:13 AM, said:

Is there a date yet for the free mech event?

Not a hard-set one right now, if that's what you're looking for. That said, I'm warning you not to push things. The last time, back in May/June when some lunatics pushed for one, someone else had recently died who should have last respects paid unto them... PGI's MWO Team did not tolerate the rude behavior of those who were insensitive enough to push about a Free Mech Event at that time, and I really can not blame them for reacting in response how they did. This resulted in the June (and by extension, pre-"Beach Party 2024" July) Free Mech Event stuff being turned mostly into a situation which required Faction Warfare to score most of it. For those who will never touch Faction Warfare over it being turned into the equivalent of a meat grinder on anyone needing (or simply desiring) to launch Solo for any reason, that part of the MWO game environment is essentially a dead zone which blocks earning Event-related things entirely. I had to personally lose out on virtually all Event Rewards at the time over that debacle happening, and certainly never want such a nasty situation happening ever again. I'm sure many feel the same way as I do about this matter. So whatever you do, avoid the taboo, and...

NEVER PUSH FOR THE NEXT FREE MECH EVENT AT ANY TIME!!! :(

~D. V. "MWO Late 2024 Q3 Update? Do... Not... Want... Next... Free... Mech... Event... Ruined!!!" Devnull

[Minor edit by the post author for an issue of wording that failed to flow properly...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 14 September 2024 - 02:18 AM.

#20 Goober goos

• PipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 September 2024 - 07:29 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 14 September 2024 - 02:15 AM, said:

Not a hard-set one right now, if that's what you're looking for. That said, I'm warning you not to push things. The last time, back in May/June when some lunatics pushed for one, someone else had recently died who should have last respects paid unto them... PGI's MWO Team did not tolerate the rude behavior of those who were insensitive enough to push about a Free Mech Event at that time, and I really can not blame them for reacting in response how they did. This resulted in the June (and by extension, pre-"Beach Party 2024" July) Free Mech Event stuff being turned mostly into a situation which required Faction Warfare to score most of it. For those who will never touch Faction Warfare over it being turned into the equivalent of a meat grinder on anyone needing (or simply desiring) to launch Solo for any reason, that part of the MWO game environment is essentially a dead zone which blocks earning Event-related things entirely. I had to personally lose out on virtually all Event Rewards at the time over that debacle happening, and certainly never want such a nasty situation happening ever again. I'm sure many feel the same way as I do about this matter. So whatever you do, avoid the taboo, and...

NEVER PUSH FOR THE NEXT FREE MECH EVENT AT ANY TIME!!! Posted Image

~D. V. "MWO Late 2024 Q3 Update? Do... Not... Want... Next... Free... Mech... Event... Ruined!!!" Devnull

[Minor edit by the post author for an issue of wording that failed to flow properly...]

I was just curious if they had one yet.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users