ISN News Flash

10 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:00 AM

Wed. Jan 25, 3049: Current location of McKinnon’s Raiders (the “Fox’s Teeth”) unknown; speculation rampant over next Draconis target.

#2 Damon Howe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:03 AM

They're in the FRR pubs, drinking our mead.

Feel free to come and get them anytime...course, the tab is on the Dracs so we don't really mind either.

#3 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:34 AM

Fox Company, a SLDF unit under command of Captain Kieran McKinnon, refused to follow General Kerensky into exile and chose instead to join the AFFS in return for titles and lands on Kestrel as the Star League disintegrated. Since 2788, the company has always been commanded by a member of the McKinnon family. Together with other independent commands they formed a part of the 7th Crucis Lancers as a special operations force. The company's present nickname, the "Fox's Teeth," was earned in 3013 when Ross McKinnon foiled a plot to assassinate Hanse Davion on New Avalon. Their last known mission was to train the newly-formed military of the Free Rasalhague Republic. After suffering a sudden attack during the Ronin Wars, McKinnon's Company sat out the War of 3039 to rebuild.

It looks like they're back in action.

#4 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:42 AM

I love The Fox's Teeth. My very first sourcebook was McKinnon's Raiders; that book, and the exploits of the characters contained inside is what inspired me to set up my Wolf Family Mercenary Units, LLC way back in the late '80s or early '90s, though the unit actually was started in early '85. I loved reading those stories; unfortunately, I no longer have the original book.

It's really good to hear about them here.

#5 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:11 PM

What's going on with the dates jumping back and forth?

#6 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:30 PM

edited. never mind. i figured it out. those are the yahoos who couldnt find transport to get into the fight against the clans

Edited by Geist Null, 30 January 2012 - 03:33 PM.

#7 GrimJim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationPottery Barn, $120 richer than my fellow Founders

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

That cover by Jim Holloway was what got me into the game in the first place. Interesting that "Teeth" & "Tales of the Black Widow" were for many a moon the only Battletech books with decent interior art.

Regardless, it was sweet to see that the Davions could be cold badasses as well.

#8 SkullRed

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

Of coruse their on the run. They know I'm coming for them. Hey the bouthy gets any higher and I tihnk I can get start my own company.

#9 Phoenix888

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:19 AM

Where am I ?!?!?!?

Oh Here I am :D

#10 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:09 AM

View PostPhoenix888, on 31 January 2012 - 05:19 AM, said:

Where am I ?!?!?!?

Oh Here I am :D

Posted Image

(above image is planet earth as seen from the surface of mars)

I'm gonna have to dig through my treasure chest and see if I have a copy of The Fox's Teeth: Exploits of McKinnon's Raiders anywhere in there.

EDIT: I looked through this "sourcebook" (which is really just a collection of scenario with a brief history) but it doesn't give me anything current :) Cool unit though!

Edited by Mason Grimm, 31 January 2012 - 10:52 AM.

#11 Karrig Fetladral

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 167 posts
  • LocationBreak room, getting coffee

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

[color=#222222]Thinking on that, I myself have a lot of books and the RPG games books that give really good back ground and history on a lot of ...universe. There’s also a lot of ...not dead but there’s no information ...lore or just never enough. All in all...I love it...I'll read it...so keep it coming.[/color]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users