ISN News Flash

15 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:00 AM

Tues. Jan 31, 3049: While FWL refuses to treat with Caesar O-Reilly, House Steiner sends envoy to further trade talks with Marion Hegemony.

#2 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:08 AM

waits on BT Loremaster Ghost

#3 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:17 AM

It's Periphery state fun time!

Posted Image

The origins of the Marian Hegemony stem from the demise of the old Alphard Trading Coalition during the First Succession War. A man named Johann Sebastian O'Reilly, who was a lostech prospector, was searching for reputed lost caches of Star League technology on the planet Alphard, but instead found a treasure trove of germanium worth billions upon billions of C-Bills.
Johann O'Reilly immediately hired some small mercenary companies with his newly found wealth, and colonized Alphard. This colony grew quickly with the addition of numerous refugees who were fleeing the atrocities being committed in the Inner Sphere. As he fancied himself something of a historian, he organized his new society along the lines of the old Roman Republic. Johann styled himself as Imperator and organized three classes: the upper-class patricians, the middle and lower-class plebeians, and the slaves.

The current leader of the Marian Hegemony, the Caesar, is Sean O'Reilly. He assumed the throne after his father, Marius, died in 3048 in what was officially reported as a "climbing accident." The new Caesar is particularly expansionistic, and after passing some repressive new laws to give him the power to pacify a restless populace, he has set about building up the Hegemony's military. This has made his neighbors, the small nation known as the Lothian League, quite nervous.

Edited by Ghost, 31 January 2012 - 09:18 AM.

#4 macmerritt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:47 AM

Please oh please put Periphery powers in the game. I wish to serve in the Marian Legions, and bring pride to my family and honor to the Caeser.

Love the Marians and hope we get the chance to fight for them in the future.

#5 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:48 AM

Maybe not at launch, but I feel that eventually down the road Periphery, Clans, and Comstar will open up as time goes by. :D

#6 Kaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:01 AM

There are times when you forget the sheer scope of this IP.

It is truly astonishing.

#7 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:27 AM

Id love to see the Periphery in this game.......

#8 osito

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, ca

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:55 AM

i would like to see the taurians in the game at some point. taurians all bull no bull****. love that saying.

#9 Karrig Fetladral

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 167 posts
  • LocationBreak room, getting coffee

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:57 AM

If you really think about it...you would need maybe a dozen or so disks to fit in a small fraction of Battle Tech. ...it is the most in-depth sci-fi universe that still makes me giggle like a school girl.

Edited by Karrig, 31 January 2012 - 11:58 AM.

#10 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:41 PM

View Postosito, on 31 January 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:

i would like to see the taurians in the game at some point. taurians all bull**** no bull.

There I fixed it for you.

I very much do not like the Taurians. They committed some of the worst war crimes during the Jihad of any nations. Nuked the hell out of worlds they considered their own, killed billions of civilians, and blamed it all on the FedSuns commiting an atrocity that they didn't do in the first place.

While as a Draconis Warrior, I can not clame to be a friend of Federated Sun's warriors, at least they have the balls to face you across the battlefield, rather than wreak ruin upon defenseless worlds, kill women, children, and the elderly.

The Taurians are scum, through and through. They talk about freedom and justice, but they're absolutely full of it.

As for the Marian Hegemony, they build up a pretty damned respectable army. They're not high tech, but they're HARD.

I like them.

Edited by verybad, 31 January 2012 - 12:43 PM.

#11 Alistair Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 516 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:14 PM

Hmm. May have to side with the Leaguers on this one. Not a fan of self-stylized rulers with a slave caste. And as a historian myself, I have to chuckle at the many times the Roman society was attempted (and failed) in world history. It fell for a reason. But, in the grand scope of the Inner Sphere, I guess it's not big enough for a collapse yet.

On a slightly different note, happy to see the Periphery get some attention. I'm not terribly familiar with them, so this news is very welcome.

#12 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:15 PM

Well if the Periphery does make it in then I can really flesh out the birth of the Grimm Reaper Company with the Oberon Confederation, being a ******* son, blah blah blah, survivors escaping Clan Wolf to form the Reapers blah blah blah.

#13 Kanil

• 1,067 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

Because the Inner Sphere doesn't have enough delusional nutjobs trying to conquer everything already...

#14 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:55 PM

You got to love a army that their marines like Judge Dread, "Who's the Law!? Where 'da Law!"

#15 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:19 PM

Would very much like to see the Outworlds Alliance come about at some point. Only periphery nation to fight the Star League to a stalemate and beat a clan in combat at their own unorthodox game (and though it was Snow Ravens, I respect their bad***ery for that),

Also would like to see the Rim Collection, because those poor guys never get any airtime aside from one book, "By Blood Betrayed". Which is an awesome read, I might add.

#16 VEDRFOLNIR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:48 PM

I always enjoyed reading about the Taurian Concordat - yeah they got knocked down by the Star League but man, talk about tenacious fighting!

Thought that there was going to be a renaissance of Taurian culture - their tenative alliance with the Magestry of Canopus and settling the New Colony Region was very cool ideas... until all that got thrown out the window! Jeffrey Calderon - dead? What?! Alliance with the Capellan Confederation?! What?!

Then there's all the bizarre 'Oh let's invade the Federated Suns and take back the Hyades Cluster!' business during the Jihad. Yep, great idea guys. Of course, the rest of the Concordat falls apart... though no one's explained why - maps in 3130 shows the Concordat shrunk by 2/3rds. What?!?!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users