Long Thread Problems?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:58 PM

So, we had one thread here, where the page count was brought up allready, at least the difference between logged in and logged out use of threads . .
But what about things like the Pony thread for example?
sometimes, i click on the last number of the thread and i land on 2 pages earlier in the thread itself for example.
And inside the thread as well. Somewhere in the beginning, click last page, land 2 to 4 pages in front of the last one . .
Any idea what could be causing this?

#2 Damon Howe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

I think I know. When you click on the subject, it takes you to the "first unread post", aka, the first post that was made after you logged off.

So if 2 pages of posts were made after you last read from your active account, you'll find yourself two pages deep. Hope this helps!

#3 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:49 PM

Still a Problem in useability then.
If i click on the last page, i expect to land on the last page, not somewhere else . .

#4 KitLightning

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:08 AM

The prolonged topic page is a pain to parse through, and in order to not be presented with the first page again and again you need to open each wanted topic in a new window, limiting the overview of the topics and posts read. Having any additional pages in a board listed at the top would be more user friendly.

#5 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

yah, that too, and the last number should actually always take one to the last page, not to the last page one posted on . . or read . .

#6 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

seems as if there are problems when trying to link to threads with more than 80 pages too.

#7 Spooky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:02 AM

Another problem I have is, that if I write a post in a large thread, it often redirects to several pages before the the last one, after the reply was sent, regardless of how often I visited that thread already.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users