ISN News Flash

27 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:00 AM

Tue. Feb 28, 3049: “Lost Titans” publishes to controversy over speculations on the 402 WarShips that vanished with Aleksandr Kerensky.

#2 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:03 AM

Ghost? GHOST?!?!?! Where are you!?!

#3 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:06 AM

he better not be out of the office again.

#4 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:13 AM

The usual speculations about Kerenskys whereabouts...the Dragoons, the Vandenburg White Wings, the Minnesota Tribe...

#5 Cattra Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:13 AM

On first read I got this mixed up with the Inner Sphere Explorer Ship that got "lost" out in Kerensky space, then I re-read it and require a Ghost knight's assistance to fully understand this transmission from ComStar.

#6 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:14 AM

Nah, just up to my eyebrows in emergency work. Let's see what I can find...

#7 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:16 AM

I bet "Lost Titans" is just another attempt by someone to drum-up attention and get funding for their treasure hunt...

Everybody knows that Kerensky and his "followers" probably misjumped and got lost somewhere... otherwise I'm pretty sure we would have heard back from them by now.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 28 February 2012 - 09:17 AM.

#8 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:23 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 28 February 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

The usual speculations about Kerenskys whereabouts...the Dragoons, the Vandenburg White Wings, the Minnesota Tribe...

AND the Cadbury secret!!!

#9 Roh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD, US

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:28 AM

What madness is this? Ghost is letting real life interfer with his MWO activities?!?

#10 Cattra Kell

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:32 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 28 February 2012 - 09:16 AM, said:

I bet "Lost Titans" is just another attempt by someone to drum-up attention and get funding for their treasure hunt...

Everybody knows that Kerensky and his "followers" probably misjumped and got lost somewhere... otherwise I'm pretty sure we would have heard back from them by now.

This guy right here, this guy.

People still thinking and talking about the "Cult of Kerensky", pah! They all died as soon as they hit past the periphery or else we would of met with them again by now as Mr. Park has stated. You keep holding onto your tales of old and ill keep piloting a mech and living in reality.

Edited by Cattra Kell, 28 February 2012 - 09:32 AM.

#11 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:38 AM

I'm not sure if the book title is a clever reference to the Titan-class DropShip, which also features prominently in the Exodus, but I figured I would mention it anyway.

In any event, the real controversy here is over the discussion of the missing WarShips. Since all of their names and classifications are a matter of historical reference, the author is probably highlighting the fact that there are (almost) no extant WarShips in the entire Inner Sphere by the beginning of 3049, with the majority believed destroyed in the catastrophic Second Succession War. In the event of their return the Inner Sphere would be powerless to defend against them.

Further controversy could also arise from a discussion of the current state of WarShips in the Inner Sphere in general. Outside the rumored existence of the Taurian Concordat's TCV New Vandenberg, there is another faction that might have recovered and maintained some of the ships that left during that exodus, centuries ago...

#12 GDL Rahsan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:40 AM

View PostGhost, on 28 February 2012 - 09:38 AM, said:

I'm not sure if the book title is a clever reference to the Titan-class DropShip, which also features prominently in the Exodus, but I figured I would mention it anyway.

In any event, the real controversy here is over the discussion of the missing WarShips. Since all of their names and classifications are a matter of historical reference, the author is probably highlighting the fact that there are (almost) no extant WarShips in the entire Inner Sphere by the beginning of 3049, with the majority believed destroyed in the catastrophic Second Succession War. In the event of their return the Inner Sphere would be powerless to defend against them.

Further controversy could also arise from a discussion of the current state of WarShips in the Inner Sphere in general. Outside the rumored existence of the Taurian Concordat's TCV New Vandenberg, there is another faction that might have recovered and maintained some of the ships that left during that exodus, centuries ago...

I bet you are proud of yourself right now, so any plans on returning to your former glory or will you let Mason Grimm get the better of you next time?

#13 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:56 AM

View PostGDL Rahsan, on 28 February 2012 - 09:40 AM, said:

I bet you are proud of yourself right now, so any plans on returning to your former glory or will you let Mason Grimm get the better of you next time?

Oh, I wouldn't underestimate me.
Posted Image
I've covered wars you know.

#14 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:06 AM

Awwwww now see? I can feel the hate here.

#15 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:21 AM

Two mercenary groups at war and the means of fighting is faster response to a simple forum thread.

It's a strange world we're living on now. ;)

Edited by Adridos, 28 February 2012 - 10:22 AM.

#16 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

View PostAdridos, on 28 February 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

Two mercenary groups at war and the means of fighting is faster response to a simple forum thread.

It's a strange world we're living on now. ;)

We truly live in the information age. :V

#17 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

Two merc groups at war?

#18 Tannhauser Gate

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

hehe yep.. This

#19 Tyrell Biggs

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationCavanaugh II

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:41 PM

Lieutenant Biggs stops and glances at the cover of the book with his tech. He laughs a little and shakes his head.

Only reason I'd even give a flying F about these ships is my ancestor was in the 299th Royals. But they left, so F 'em. They left when we needed them the most, and they turned tail and ran.

He sets the book back on the rack and walks off, talking about something far more pleasant.

#20 Leonardo Monteiro

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationGalatea, Island of Skye

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:34 AM

View PostCattra Kell, on 28 February 2012 - 09:32 AM, said:

This guy right here, this guy.

People still thinking and talking about the "Cult of Kerensky", pah! They all died as soon as they hit past the periphery or else we would of met with them again by now as Mr. Park has stated. You keep holding onto your tales of old and ill keep piloting a mech and living in reality.

Not sure they all died - I mean, those were well trained, well equipped Soldiers AND technicians, with what was at the time new and quite functional equipment.

They probably made several jumps, settled down in cozy planets, and are getting fat living the good life.
In other words, waiting to be invaded by some dastardly house, like the kuritans

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users