ISN News Flash

15 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:00 AM

Wed. Feb 29, 3049: Correno Life Sciences boycotters demand a stop to the “unholy aging retardant,” ReLive, released to wild success in 3042.

#2 whiskey tango foxtrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationWith the Wolfs

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:02 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 29 February 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

Wed. Feb 29, 3049: Correno Life Sciences boycotters demand a stop to the “unholy aging retardant,” ReLive, released to wild success in 3042.

Gotta get me some that.

#3 Vertous

• PipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSummerville, SC

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:08 AM

gimme that gimme dat! ;)

#4 SI The Joker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 728 posts
  • LocationBehind you!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:08 AM

Clearly they forgot to mention all the side effects... including but not limited to, and which you should contact your doctor immediately should you have:

Sudden loss of sight and/or hearing, uncontrollable bowel movements, urges to yell "I'm 50!", a euphoric feeling that lasts for more than 4 hours, a sudden increase in appetite for brains, death, and bleeding from the fingernails and/or toenails.

The price you pay for vanity folks. ;)

Edited by SI The Joker, 29 February 2012 - 09:09 AM.

#5 Larry Headrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Locationoklahoma

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:16 AM

Hay i took some of that and i am fine. ;)
Now come over here sonny so i can eat your brains. :(

#6 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:17 AM

It's important to note that in the Battletech universe, the average human lifespan is actually much longer than it is now -- the average person living on Terra, for an extreme example, could expect to live over 120 years. Despite the decline in medical technology experienced in the Inner Sphere after the Succession Wars, one might still expect to live comfortably past 100 years old. This has had profound impacts on every conceivable level of society, from the concentration of political power and wealth to the philosophy and organization of warfare.

#7 whiskey tango foxtrot

• Survivor
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationWith the Wolfs

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:19 AM

View PostSI The Joker, on 29 February 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

Clearly they forgot to mention all the side effects... including but not limited to, and which you should contact your doctor immediately should you have:

Sudden loss of sight and/or hearing, uncontrollable bowel movements, urges to yell "I'm 50!", a euphoric feeling that lasts for more than 4 hours, a sudden increase in appetite for brains, death, and bleeding from the fingernails and/or toenails.

The price you pay for vanity folks. ;)

All ready have all those things..... so why not take it........(better life thru chemistry)

#8 whiskey tango foxtrot

• Survivor
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationWith the Wolfs

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:25 AM

View PostGhost, on 29 February 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

It's important to note that in the Battletech universe, the average human lifespan is actually much longer than it is now -- the average person living on Terra, for an extreme example, could expect to live over 120 years. Despite the decline in medical technology experienced in the Inner Sphere after the Succession Wars, one might still expect to live comfortably past 100 years old. This has had profound impacts on every conceivable level of society, from the concentration of political power and wealth to the philosophy and organization of warfare.

Concentration of wealth and organization of warfare................hummmmm.........I still want some......lol

#9 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:38 AM

Well, now we know why our MechWarrior avatars never die.

Awesome Wednesday surprise! I just knew they would give us some gameplay-related information! ;)

Edited by Prosperity Park, 29 February 2012 - 09:39 AM.

#10 Hador

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 545 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:39 AM

Interesting, 3049 has a 29th of february, seems like they changed the calculation formula for leap-years in the future. ;)

#11 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:40 AM

View PostGhost, on 29 February 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

Ye, thats why they invented the Death Commands. They're not terrorists, they're just working for healthcare...more or less. ;)

#12 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:20 AM

there are many, many commanding officers in the lore books listed as being in there 70-80's and still front- lining their mechs. i imagine healthcare, even on the battlefield is outstanding.

#13 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

It's like ****** cream that you smear on your face. No side effects wahtsoever.

Actually concidering the life spans of people in the IS, they've gotta be using some pretty good medicines. Living past 100 isn't uncommon at all.

Hmm, Vi Agra is censored. Probably get too many bots trying to sell that.

Edited by verybad, 29 February 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#14 TimberJon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

Easy fix there. Pay a few bucks and the Devs might put a can in your cup holder =)

Edited by TimberJon, 29 February 2012 - 06:35 PM.

#15 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:04 AM

View PostHador, on 29 February 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

Interesting, 3049 has a 29th of february, seems like they changed the calculation formula for leap-years in the future. :D

Don't forget, right after the great Exodus, time stopped while everyone tried to figured out what the hell to do now! :) LOL

#16 Seabear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Texas

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

I know that many of these ISN flashes may be red herrings but together they make for some very interesting reading and trains of conjecture!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users