ISN News Flash

5 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

Sun. Apr 29, 3049: This week's "Business Diaries" profiles O'Keefre I-E, once a towering giant as the Star League's largest import-export operation, now a shadow of its former self.

#2 GDL Rahsan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:04 AM

Hmm, interesting turning from a tower gaint to a shadow I wonder what type of spell he used.

On a totally related note Ghost we need your help I got no idea what this is about. :P

Edited by GDL Rahsan, 29 April 2012 - 08:05 AM.

#3 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:04 AM

Business. Once you´re up, only way there is goes down. :P

Did he rise up to power anymore, deflected to Clans, kill someone important, etc.? :D

#4 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:14 AM

One of the largest companies in human space during the days of the Star League, O'Keefre Importers-Exporters controlled a sizable portion of the flow of public goods between all the powers of the Inner Sphere and the Periphery. However, with the fall of the Star League and the resulting Succession Wars, many of the company's DropShips and JumpShips were confiscated for military use by whatever government they happened to be traveling through at the time. Combined with heavy fighting on Fomalhaut, where the company's headquarters was located, O'Keefre nearly lost all of its assets. The struggling firm was barely able to survive and now operates on a vastly smaller scale within the Federated Suns.
With the ending of the Third Succession War and the budding alliance between the Lyran Commonwealth and the Federated Suns, O'Keefre was in a key position to profit from the growth in trade between the two nations. These hopes were dashed when the Draconis Combine retook Fomalhaut during the War of 3039. With facilities now on both sides of the Combine-FedSun border, the company's finances are dwindling from the constant problems of having deal with two different and often conflicting sets of government regulations.

#5 Nick Makiaveli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

I think it's obvious it was meant to be towering.

#6 Gun Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • LocationGarrison duty on some FWL Planet and itching for action.

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

Meh, unless they want Mercs to fight the Kuritans for them I don't care what happens to them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users