Isn News Flash

12 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

Tue. Jan 22, 3050: One of the very first Lyran-designed ’Mechs, Coventry Metal Works is field-testing the upgraded COM-5S Commando.

#2 Pando

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

Nice!

#3 Waylandx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 273 posts
  • LocationAt the computer!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

A new Commando!

#4 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Commando

COM-5S - The COM-5S was introduced in 3050 and was the first Commando to feature Star League technology. Its new Cyclops MultiTasker 10 Targeting System links an Artemis IV Fire Control System to the Coventry 90 mm SRM-6, that replaces the Shannon Six-Shooter, and exchanges the SRM-4 with a Coventry T4H Streak SRM-2 launcher. Additionally, the chassis has been upgraded with Endo Steel, the armor has been upgraded to Ferro-Fibrous, and CASE has been added to protect the ammunition. The variants is also equipped with a new communications system called Cyclops 14.[5] BV (1.0) = 504, BV (2.0) = 557[13]

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 22 January 2013 - 10:22 AM.

#5 Icebound

• Elite Founder
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

Let me get this straight, between the picture and Sarna it looks like it's hardpoints will be 4 laser and 2 missle. So it's a slower and less armored Jenner-D?

I wonder if it will have ECM tacked on >_>

#6 Skylarr

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

View PostIcebound, on 22 January 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

Let me get this straight, between the picture and Sarna it looks like it's hardpoints will be 4 laser and 2 missle. So it's a slower and less armored Jenner-D?

I wonder if it will have ECM tacked on >_>

The regular Cyclop 14 does not have ECM. The Cyclops 14 w/Guardian ECM Suite is not seen until after the Battle Of Coventry in 3058.

Edited by Skylarr, 22 January 2013 - 11:46 AM.

#7 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

View PostIcebound, on 22 January 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

The archetypical Commando (COM-2D) carries one SRM-6, one SRM-4, and one Medium Laser.
The COM-5S carries one Artemis-linked SRM-6 (with two tons of ammo), one Streak SRM-2 (with one ton of ammo), and one Medium Laser... along with using Endo-Steel, FF Armor, and CASE.
The minimum hardpoints, at least, are the same; what extra hardpoints it could get are anyone's guess. :D

#8 Icebound

• Elite Founder
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 22 January 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

The archetypical Commando (COM-2D) carries one SRM-6, one SRM-4, and one Medium Laser.
The COM-5S carries one Artemis-linked SRM-6 (with two tons of ammo), one Streak SRM-2 (with one ton of ammo), and one Medium Laser... along with using Endo-Steel, FF Armor, and CASE.
The minimum hardpoints, at least, are the same; what extra hardpoints it could get are anyone's guess. :D

Oh I was going by the picture on the front page. I might be wrong but I thought it looked like 2 lasers on each arm.

#9 SilverlightPony

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 330 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

View PostIcebound, on 22 January 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

Oh I was going by the picture on the front page. I might be wrong but I thought it looked like 2 lasers on each arm.

That's the hero Commando, Death's Knell, not the COM-5S.

#10 Voidsinger

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,340 posts
  • LocationAstral Space

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

More interesting is that if you keep the FF & ES, you must have single heat sinks, there is just no room for doubles.

Best bet is most people will remove the FF, and slot in an XL.

#11 Ave Hax

• PipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

A question for the devs the Timeline is obviously changed due to weapon diversity and xl engines so when do we see clan tech ? since we have starleague tech
oh and i love the gauss spider hard to learn though
ty keep em comming

#12 AlexEss

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:21 AM

Also do note that there is no absolute guarantee that this version will be released just because it was in a newsflash. (Also can we not build this ourself pretty much?)

#13 Dagger6T6

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,362 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationcockpit

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

folks, please don't over analyse the Inner Sphere News lore fluff.

It's the roleplay way to introduce Battletech related happenings to the MWO world... it keeps interest in the timeline, and lets you know what is up across the IS, which I'm sure will become more active in the near future. A new mech release or any other statement here doesn't mean it will see the light of day in the game.

I love the lore fluff so I don't want them to get rid of it

Edited by Dagger6T6, 23 January 2013 - 09:59 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users