Isn News Flash

21 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

Sun. Feb 10, 3050: Despite ardent denials, rumors swirl Primus Myndo Waterly has plans to deploy the Com Guards for military conquests.

#2 Damion Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 210 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:27 AM

How could anybody accuse ComStar of such a thing?

#3 Chief 117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 479 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

ComStar has an army ? I thought they were just providing phone/com coverage, like O2 or t-mobile. Do they have armies too ?

#4 So Booboolicious

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

Whenever I hear or read of ComStar I want to go an' get a bowl of Frosted Flakes....

....wtf is that?

#5 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:57 AM

View PostChief 117, on 10 February 2013 - 02:15 AM, said:

ComStar has an army ? I thought they were just providing phone/com coverage, like O2 or t-mobile. Do they have armies too ?

Sometimes people don't pay their phone bills, so things have to get messy.

#6 Raz Skullcrusher

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 34 posts
  • LocationOahu, Hawaii

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:25 AM

Comstar wants to deploy the Com Guards for conquest and not for peaceful purposes??? Right i'll believe that like i believe the rumors of an invasion of technologically superior forces from behind. All rubbish i hear.

#7 EarlGrey83

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 166 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:27 AM

Well, they said they had a blackout in the peripherie, maybe they hired some mercs to stop pirates from interfering with the business.

#8 The Trice

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 268 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:02 AM

View PostChief 117, on 10 February 2013 - 02:15 AM, said:

Not an army , but security forces to protect its coms from attack

View PostRaz Skullcrusher, on 10 February 2013 - 03:25 AM, said:

Comstar wants to deploy the Com Guards for conquest and not for peaceful purposes??? Right i'll believe that like i believe the rumors of an invasion of technologically superior forces from behind. All rubbish i hear.

Yeah it seems even after we occupied inner sphere people still believe about aliens from beyond , or people with superior technology :)

#9 Skylarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:18 AM

The Com Guards, formally referred to as the ComStar Guards and Militia, is the military arm of ComStar. Kept hidden by the supposedly politically neutral organization until after the Fourth Succession War, the Guards are a force on par with the militaries of the Successor States. Originally serving as garrison troops for ComStar's HPG compounds, they have shifted towards a role as defenders of the Inner Sphere, most famously their victory against the Clans in the Battle of Tukayyid. The Guards suffered heavy losses combating the Word of Blake during their fanatical bretherns Jihad and publicly disbanded after that conflict.

It was during the 3040's that Focht would instigate sweeping changes to the deployment and organization of the Com Guards, assigning the component elements of each battalion, division and army to positions that would allow them rapidly reform into their larger functional units as required and further enhance their mix of infantry, Combat Vehicles and AeroSpace Fighters. Cementing the combined arms focus of his troops via extensive training for any contingency both at Sandhurst Royal Military College and frequent training drills, Focht would tour the worlds upon which the Com Guards were stationed for two months every year.

Anastasius Focht and Expansion Years

With the Guards now posted across the width and breadth of the Inner Sphere, Focht expanded on efforts to promote the Com Guards neutral and pacifistic stance by deploying his troops to assist with relief efforts for natural disasters, hostage rescues, political unrest and search and rescue operations. The most notable of these was Focht's deployments of the Com Guards to defend Periphery border worlds against pirate raiders, a propaganda boom and recruitment tool for the Order, with the public unaware that many were bandits who'd received a measure of support from ComStar during the Jolly Roger Affair.

As of 3049, Wolfnet estimated the Com Guards' BattleMech strength alone to represent the equivalent of more than fifty Regiments.

Edited by Skylarr, 10 February 2013 - 06:18 AM.

#10 THE ERASER

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:32 AM

That's bad, if Comstar is on the move then there is something really fishy going on. Are those Pirates so strong? Did they find some old star league cache? That would be realistic. You certainly have heard of the helm story... right?

#11 Waladil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 286 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

I hear Tukayyid is nice this time of year. Maybe they should visit.

#12 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:39 AM

View PostTHE ERASER, on 10 February 2013 - 06:32 AM, said:

That's bad, if Comstar is on the move then there is something really fishy going on. Are those Pirates so strong? Did they find some old star league cache? That would be realistic. You certainly have heard of the helm story... right?

Yeah, but Helm was an extraordinary case. A major Starleague cache. How often do you find those. Most caches found over the centuries have been minor stuff, nothing like the Helm core. And what are the chances a pirate group would have the resources to make use of something like that anyway? I mean, the Helm core info was disseminated throughout the Sphere thanks to the Gray Death all the way back in the mid-20's, and even so the great houses, even with their vast economies and resources, are only _now_ almost three decades later just barely starting to see results of that information.

Remember, so much has been lost during the succession wars it's not like you could just sit down with the info from a Star League memory core and go "Oooooh, so that's how it's done!" and then boom, you have advanced technology. It takes serious facilities and serious scientists to make heads or tails of that kinda stuff.

Edited by Steinar Bergstol, 10 February 2013 - 08:41 AM.

#13 Cion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 750 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:44 AM

View PostWaladil, on 10 February 2013 - 07:21 AM, said:

I hear Tukayyid is nice this time of year. Maybe they should visit.

LOL

#14 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

I trust Myndo Waterly as far as I can toss my Atlas.

#15 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

Yeah, deploy the Com Guard for those pesky pirates in the periphery.

#16 Parnage Winters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 414 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

What kind of army could Comstar possibly have? Then again considering it'd be likely smashing pirates and bandits I guess you'd not need much.

#17 Volt Corsair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 203 posts
  • LocationOutpost, Periphery (HPG down)

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

Better not take my place out here in the Periphery. Even though it doesn't pay much, I enjoy lighting up the pirates. They make nice fireworks.

#18 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

How does ISN know about the secret com guard army that only com star knows about?

Also the com guards stay neutral in the clan invasion till they find out terra is the final goal of the clans, that's when they challenge them on tukkayid

#19 Skylarr

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

View PostAshnod, on 10 February 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

How does ISN know about the secret com guard army that only com star knows about?

Also the com guards stay neutral in the clan invasion till they find out terra is the final goal of the clans, that's when they challenge them on tukkayid

I think at ths point in time the Com Guard and Merc Units( LOO merc units) are protecting the HPGs.

#20 Vincian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

Isn't it Prima Myndo Waterly?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users