We will be rolling out a hot-fix, currently scheduled for Wednesday, October 25th at 10:00 AM PDT (5 PM UTC), to address the following fixes:
• Faction Play: Fix for an issue where Damage values accumulated with duplicate chassis in a DropDeck were not contributing to the overall Damage score.
• Fix for an issue where Strikes were not contributing to the overall Damage score.
• Fix for issues related to the tracking of Team Damage.
The above issues, and another stat-related issue resolved in our previous hot-fix, were introduced in the October patch due to a rewrite to the damage tracking system. This rewrite was intended solely to resolve some issues specific to the tracking of damage through the web-based Profile stats page, but had unintended consequences in-game for Damage tracking overall. Our apologies to all for the disruption caused by these bugs; the fixes included with this hot-fix should take care of the remaining issues.
Patch Files (Direct Download)
To make the patching process easier for players with limited download caps, we'll be providing direct download links for the patch file(s) that comprise this patch. This will allow you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, for manual injection into the MWO patcher through a Patch Cache folder.
Aside from allowing you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, on another connection, there are no additional benefits to performing the patch this way; the patching process itself will be the same.
This direct patch download process will only work for players running the standalone client. It does not apply to players running MWO through Steam.
Patch File(s): To be provided when patch is available.
How to use these patch files
• Download the above file(s)
• For sake of ease we recommend creating a dedicated folder for the patch file(s), such as 'MWO Patch Cache'
• You do not need to unzip or unpack the patch file(s)
• Launch the MWO Portal
• Select the three horizontal lines in the top left of the Portal Window
• Choose the 'Specify Patch File Cache' option
• In the field that appears, paste or enter the location in which you saved the patch file(s) and hit OK
• For example, C:\Users\<username>\Documents\MWO Patch Cache
• Click the blue Patch button
• The launcher will now check the Patch Cache folder you defined. If it locates the required patch files, it will unpack and use those files to apply the patch.
• Once the patch is complete, launch the game