Upcoming Patch - Tuesday, September 24th, 2019 @ 10AM – 1PM PDT
Patch Number: 184.108.40.206
Patch Size: 13MB
Faction Play Improvements
Loyalist Faction Selection and Faction Picking in a conflict
Players become Loyalists by pledging loyalty to a Faction using the Faction Details screen.
A Loyalist player can now only pick their Faction or Alliance in a Conflict unless the conflict is Clan vs Clan or IS vs IS and the player is aligned to the opposing global Faction (IS and Clan respectively). Conflicts will not allow inter-Alliance fighting and queue balancing will be left to Mercenary Units and Freelancers.
Loyalty Points (LP) Accumulation
Loyalists gain LP for in-game actions such as Kill Assists, Spotting Enemies, protecting allies, as well as for winning matches and as a bonus on top of C-Bills and XP. Loyalists will lose LP if they team kill an ally.
The amount of LP at the End Of a Match is referred to as LP-EOM, which is the match result total prior to any bonuses from 'Mechs/cockpit items etc that give a bonus.
The rate of LP accumulation is now the following:
- Loyalists earn 120% LP-EOM payouts at the end of a match when fighting for their Faction if their Faction is involved in the current Conflict.
- Loyalists earn 100% LP-EOM payouts at the end of a match when fighting for an Allied Faction if that Faction is involved in the current Conflict.
- Loyalists earn 100% LP-EOM payouts at the end of a match when fighting for the Inner Sphere if their Faction is part of the Inner Sphere and the current conflict is between the Inner Sphere and Clans.
- Loyalists earn 100% LP-EOM payouts at the end of a match when fighting for the Clans if their Faction is part of the Clans and the current conflict is between the Inner Sphere and Clans.
- Loyalists earn 80% LP-EOM payouts at the end of a match when fighting for the Inner Sphere if their Faction is part of the Inner Sphere and the current conflict is between Clan and Clan Factions.
- Loyalists earn 80% LP-EOM payouts at the end of a match when fighting for the Clans if their Faction is part of the Clans and the current conflict is between InnerSphere and InnerSphere Factions.
Queue Balancing in Faction Play
If the current queue is skewed to one Faction at the time the Match Maker tries to create a match, a Call-to-Arms (CtA) will be issued to all players in the game client who are not aligned to the over-populated Faction/Alliance in queue. Players entering the queue from the CtA will be taken to the conflict Faction select screen where they will choose which side of the current conflict they will fight for. The current short handed side will be highlighted on this screen.
Faction Play intro pages
New Faction Play introduction pages have been added to provide an overview of the game mode and player roles. These pages can be viewed by clicking the Information icon near the bottom left corner of the Inner Sphere Map screen.
"Damage Taken" Stat in End Of Round screen addition
The End Of Round screen will now have an entry for Damage Taken. This is the amount of damage taken during the match.
100 GSP Bundle
You can now purchase these bundles for 1250MC for 100 Global Skill Points that you can use to unlock skills nodes on any 'Mech.
- Fixed a bug where the Marauder IIC Side Torso weapons were missing its hit box.
- Fixed an issue where surviving players that exit match on the EOR screen will appear as Disconnected to other users.
Patch Files (Direct Download)
To make the patching process easier for players with limited download caps, we'll be providing direct download links for the patch file(s) that comprise this patch. This will allow you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, for manual injection into the MWO patcher through a Patch Cache folder.
Aside from allowing you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, on another connection, there are no additional benefits to performing the patch this way; the patching process itself will be the same.
This direct patch download process will only work for players running the standalone client. It does not apply to players running MWO through Steam.
Patch File(s): To be provided on patch day
How to use these patch files
• Download the above file(s)
• For sake of ease we recommend creating a dedicated folder for the patch file(s), such as 'MWO Patch Cache'
• You do not need to unzip or unpack the patch file(s)
• Launch the MWO Portal
• Select the three horizontal lines in the top left of the Portal Window
• Choose the 'Specify Patch File Cache' option
• In the field that appears, paste or enter the location in which you saved the patch file(s) and hit OK
• For example, C:\Users\<username>\Documents\MWO Patch Cache
• Click the blue Patch button
• The launcher will now check the Patch Cache folder you defined. If it locates the required patch files, it will unpack and use those files to apply the patch.
• Once the patch is complete, launch the game