December 15th Patch Notes
Patch - Dec 15th 2020 @ 10AM – 1PM PDT
Patch Number: 220.127.116.11
Standalone Client Patch Size: 3 MB
Please note that due to compression differences the Steam patch size may be larger than the standalone client patch size.
• Patch Files (Direct Download) - Link available on patch day
Today we have a patch with a change for New Players PSR starting point. We hope this will help improve a new player's experience by placing the new player in a tier that reflects their experience level. This is just the beginning of changes coming to MWO that are driven by YOU, the community. We are taking on player feedback and suggestions while mapping a new course for MechWarrior Online 2021! Check out the recent town hall to get a sense of what we will be up to in the new year!
In the meantime enjoy all the events, sales, and free stuff coming in Winterfest 2020!
The MechWarrior Online Team
- New Players will start in TIer 5 (900 PSR).
- Players who have less than 25 games will have adjustments to their PSR to reflect the new PSR starting point
Bundles - Look for new bundles coming to the Bundles of Joy Sale coming this week in WinterFest.
- New Mech Bundles.
- New Item Bundles
Due to a minor bug in the MWO build pipeline, the version number for this patch will incorrectly display as 18.104.22.168, where the version is actually 22.214.171.124. This will not cause any issues beyond displaying the incorrect value.
Patch Files (Direct Download)
To make the patching process easier for players with limited download caps, we'll be providing direct download links for the patch file(s) that comprise this patch. This will allow you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, for manual injection into the MWO patcher through a Patch Cache folder.
Aside from allowing you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, on another connection, there are no additional benefits to performing the patch this way; the patching process itself will be the same.
This direct patch download process will only work for players running the standalone client. It does not apply to players running MWO through Steam.
Patch File(s): Link available on patch day
How to use these patch files
• Download the above file(s)
• For sake of ease, we recommend creating a dedicated folder for the patch file(s), such as 'MWO Patch Cache'
• You do not need to unzip or unpack the patch file(s)
• Launch the MWO Portal
• Select the three horizontal lines in the top left of the Portal Window
• Choose the 'Specify Patch File Cache' option
• In the field that appears, paste or enter the location in which you saved the patch file(s) and hit OK
• For example, C:\Users\<username>\Documents\MWO Patch Cache
• Click the blue Patch button
• The launcher will now check the Patch Cache folder you defined. If it locates the required patch files, it will unpack and use those files to apply the patch.
• Once the patch is complete, launch the game