MECHWARRIOR ONLINE LEGENDS
JUNE 2023 PATCH NOTES
Patch Date and Time - June 20th 2023 @ 10AM – 1PM PDT
Version Number: v1.4.279.0
Size: 25 MB
Please note that due to compression differences the Steam patch size may be larger than the standalone client patch size.
It's already June and we hope everyone is having a great beginning to your summer (if that is applicable in your part of the world). Next month we have the release of the Stone Rhino
, so be sure to pre-order yours today!
This patch features two new Legendary 'Mechs (the Quickdraw "Desperada" and the Timber Wolf "Howl"), 'Mech Quirk Adjustments, 'Mech Adjustments, Bug Fixes, and more!
Work on a brand new map continues, as do investigations into potential Matchmaker solutions, Faction Play, New Weapons, New 'Mechs, and bringing some sort of respawn (drop decks potentially) into Quick Play.
Speaking of the new map, here's a quick sneak peak (sorry, can't show more just yet!)...
Updates are subject to further balance changes in the future, so get out there and do the science, and get us your feedback for future iterations.
Finally, we would like to remind everyone that MechWarrior Online in an inclusive community, and is for everyone! With that in mind, game chat conversations should primarily revolve around topics related to the game itself, the game's mechanics, strategies, and experiences. By keeping the chat on topic, we aim to create an inclusive and immersive space where players can connect, learn, and share their passion for the game.
And now, we really hope you enjoy the patch!
-The MechWarrior Online Team
COMING NEXT MONTH!
We are thrilled to announce the long-awaited pre-order for the next brand new 'Mech chassis to MWO, the unstoppable Stone Rhino. This 'Mech is the single-most requested Clan 'Mech by the community, and embodies raw power and intimidation. A formidable 100-ton Clan war machine, the Stone Rhino boasts an abundance of impenetrable armor, and a weapons loadout that will make your enemies tremble in fear. Prepare to stomp your way onto the battlefield and unleash devastation upon your foes. Secure your pre-order today, and become a force to be reckoned with in MechWarrior Online!
PLEASE NOTE: REDEEM BATTLEPASS REWARDS ON THE WEBSITE STORE PAGE (UPDATED EVERY HOUR)
Two new Legendary 'Mechs this month
include the assault Quickdraw "Desperada", and the assault Timber Wolf "Howl" (see images below). Each 'Mech will sell for $15 USD on the website, and will also be available on Steam. Each Legendary 'Mech is a new variant of an existing chassis, has a custom paint job, an "outlier" quirk, and a 30% C-Bill boost. Also included with each pack is the new mini battle pass system driven by 'Mech XP. Just by playing the 'Mech, you will earn GSP, C-Bills, MC, Premium Time, and exclusive Cockpit Items, Decals, Colors, and Bolt-Ons! However, unlike a typical battle pass system, there will be no expiration date to earn these extra items. Take as long as you need!
TIMBER WOLF "HOWL"
'MECH QUIRK ADJUSTMENTS
- Removed -20% Ballistic cooldown
- Removed -15% Energy cooldown
- Removed 10% Energy range
- Increased UAC Jam chance to -50% (from -30%)
- Added -20% Cooldown
- Added 10% Range
- Removed -5% Medium Laser duration
- Added -10% Laser duration
- Removed -5% Medium Pulse Laser cooldown
- Removed -10% Energy cooldown
- Added -25% STD Laser cooldown
- Added -25% STD Laser duration
- Removed 10% Range
- Increased Missile velocity to 20% (from 10%)
- Added 50% Missile range
- Increased RA Armor bonus to +12 (from +8)
- Increased LA Armor bonus to +8 (from +5)
- Added +10 Structure bonus to LA
- Removed -10% Gauss Rifle cooldown
- Increased Heat to -10% (from -5%)
- Increased Cooldown to -15% (from -10%)
- Added 10% Range
- Removed -10% AC20 cooldown
- Removed -5% Cooldown
- Added -15% Cooldown
- Increased LT, RT Structure to +18 (from +10)
- Increased CT Structure to +18 (from +14)
- Increased Laser duration to -10% (from -5%)
- Added -25% UAC Jam Chance
- Increased LT, RT Armor bonus to +34 (from +26)
- Agility stats have been changed to be similar to the rest of the Marauder II variants
- Default mouse sensitivity is lowered when creating a new account
- UAC Jam duration node header title now properly reflects the node’s effect on UACs and RACs
- Left Arm Structure is changed to 22 (consistent with all Summoner variants)
- Left Arm Max Armor is changed to 44 (consistent with all Summoner variants)
* This change is applied to base values and is separate from quirks. This change only affects SMN-G and not SMN-G(S)
Patch Files (Direct Download)
To make the patching process easier for players with limited download caps, we'll be providing direct download links for the patch file(s) that comprise this patch. This will allow you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, for manual injection into the MWO patcher through a Patch Cache folder.
Aside from allowing you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, on another connection, there are no additional benefits to performing the patch this way; the patching process itself will be the same.
This direct patch download process will only work for players running the standalone client. It does not apply to players running MWO through Steam.
Patch File(s): - http://patcher.mwomercs.com/patch/Production/frontend/FrontendPatch_419.zip
- Download the above file(s)
- For sake of ease, we recommend creating a dedicated folder for the patch file(s), such as 'MWO Patch Cache'
- You do not need to unzip or unpack the patch file(s)
- Launch the MWO Portal
- Select the three horizontal lines in the top left of the Portal Window
- Choose the 'Specify Patch File Cache' option
- In the field that appears, paste or enter the location in which you saved the patch file(s) and hit OK
- For example, C:\Users\<username>\Documents\MWO Patch Cache
- Click the blue Patch button
- The launcher will now check the Patch Cache folder you defined. If it locates the required patch files, it will unpack and use those files to apply the patch
- Once the patch is complete, launch the game