#1 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between here and Sian

Posted 21 February 2015 - 02:29 AM

Hi all,

Just a shout out to all House Liao units (long-time mercs, mercs-who-fought-with-us, loyalists) that I have been dropping with. Following lore, House Liao military units are unique in that it places more power in the hands of the commander at the regiment level and less at higher levels than do most other militaries. So we see many capable regiments in 12-man drops but possibly less coordination elsewhere. Certainly, there are about 3 to 4 House Liao/CCAF TS Servers, One mumble server kicking about. However over the last month or so, I am definitely seeing more cross unit drops along with Pugs...that are successful and competitive.

Finally, last night, we had the ingame voice and well, I think it worked for coordination. Here's one CW drop I was in:

Posted Image

Missing some of my friends from [HLGK], [GS] and others but good job by all. Those who started to communicate on the ingame voice (incl myself) were a bit hesitant but once we got into it. Was a breeze.

I spent most of the night dropping alternating for House Liao and defending FRR.

Good times for sure.

Onwards to Tikonov or Liao itself?

WML

#2 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:31 AM

Proud to be part of House Liao.
I amazing to see where we are now since we nearly annihilated by the initial Sun Zerg invasion during the first of month of CW.

Go under dogs ! Go !!

#3 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 06:19 AM

The way the CapCon is getting all chubby I am not sure how long you can uphold that reputation as the under dog.

A good thing!

Eat and be merry, my hale and hearty asian neighbours.

#4 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 06:31 AM

Davs will still always have more players than Liao. It's just that our units are more motivated, win or lose.

#5 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:43 PM

Since signing up with a perm contract to Liao-I can say I'm well pleased with my choice. All Liao Cw teams be they units or pugs seem to work very well together, much better than when I was with Kurita.
Keep up the grand work gentlemen!

#6 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:49 PM

[PMP]'s first planet tag was, by my measurement, the combined effort from at least 6 units fighting in two 12-mans.

That's one advantage of our relatively small size- we tend to know and work well with each other, even if we're not in the same unit- or even in a unit at all.

#7 ShiroganeTakeru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 156 posts
  • LocationMaskirovka hideout

Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:13 PM

Liaoing together is wow (c)

#8 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:58 PM

View Postwanderer, on 22 February 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

[PMP]'s first planet tag was, by my measurement, the combined effort from at least 6 units fighting in two 12-mans.

That's one advantage of our relatively small size- we tend to know and work well with each other, even if we're not in the same unit- or even in a unit at all.

The CC is one family. That is our strength!

#9 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:26 PM

Posted Image
For Her Celestial Wisdom!

#10 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:31 AM

Over the weekend, the CCAF continued to fight back hard against the Davions. I dropped with [PMP], [4TCR], [TCAF] and a couple of new units: [LUMN], [SMLJ] and [IRN] - House Liao units definitely are smaller entities; many are sub-regiment in size made up of 3-4 pilots and working as a lance. This is contrast to other house units that have a few large units (and I mean large) and the rest being pugs.

Am not counting the mercenaries who are currently flying the House Liao flag.

However, while I am enjoying this renaissance (I think it is too early to equate this with the 'Xin Sheng' movement) - I am unsure how long this will last. CCAF is pushing hard and on the offensive against the Davions but once their mercs come back and we end up being their one and only focus; I expect the fight to get hot and steamy and for us to suffer some setbacks. I suppose, best we grab as much buffer space as possible eh?

Onwards to Liao / Tikonov / Terra!

:P

#11 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:13 AM

Here's example of (in my own experience) a typical House Liao/CCAF CW drop:

Posted Image

and

Posted Image

The results are nearly always positive (the exception was when the mixed House Liao / CCAF droped and faced [APOC] who handed us our arses back....)

Against other PUGS or sub-12 man groups; House Liao nearly always wins. At least, when I was dropping over the weekend. Here's another screenie:

Posted Image

Hope the Green Sword continues to chop into the Yellow Sun!

To all House Liao Loyalist (and long-time mercs); stay strong, keep coordinating and keep fighting. Never give up - I want to walk the streets of Liao and Tikonov within my lifetime! (or before the map reset....)

Edited by WaiMingLee, 23 February 2015 - 03:19 AM.

#12 Risen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 192 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:07 AM

It's been an honour!

#13 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:22 AM

View PostRisen, on 23 February 2015 - 04:07 AM, said:

It's been an honour!

<3 [UMAD] - you guys rock. Alongside [GS] and [APOC] - you guys epitomise the Mercs I like: face-punching, focused on the job and true to your word...so long as you get paid. Am sure that the CCAF have been generous with the C-Bills and LPs. Also, the Loyalist units have learnt a lot when dropping alongside competitive units such as yourselves.

OK, enough of the Bro-mance but am sure Chow Yun Fat approves:

Posted Image

#14 DrRedCoat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 191 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:40 PM

It was a pleasure dropping with you, WaiMingLee, and all of the other fine Liao warriors I see in CW again and again. I look forward to future drops. Your guys' VOP leadership gave us this glorious victory:
Posted Image

#15 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:32 PM

One of the things I enjoy about fighting for House Liao is that we pride ourselves on destroying Davions as much as taking planets. It's not enough to rush the generators and blasting Omega targets. No, we find it necessary to smash every last Federated Suns mech on the planet.

If you want to watch disciplined, well-oiled teams focused on their objectives, go battle with the Clans. If it's a no holds barred fight you want, come join the scrap between House Davion and House Liao, where we make it personal.

#16 Yorinaga

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 91 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:54 AM

Looking forward to the end of our Jade Falcon Vacation to be able to fight with you guys again. Not even 2 more days i think :D :D

#17 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:26 AM

View PostGI Journalist, on 24 February 2015 - 08:32 PM, said:

-----If you want to watch disciplined, well-oiled teams focused on their objectives, go battle with the Clans. If it's a no holds barred fight you want, come join the scrap between House Davion and House Liao, where we make it personal.

Right now, the boot is on our foot and we're doing the kicking but I caution all that sooner or later, the Davions will fight back and fight back hard they will. Of course, this may be when they have to defend the cities on New Avalon...

Still, I am seeing small lances of House Liao units working well together. Yes, we have [TCAF], [HLGK] and [4TCR] as the main units, but am also very happy to be dropping with [PMP], [SRAL], [A-01], [LUMN], and others who bring only lance or so of pilots to the drop and we all work well together. Amongst the Liao, there isn't too much in the way of egos. Probably because we had it crushed out of us in the first weeks by the Davions (which I thank them for!) - onwards, my fellow citizens.

View PostYorinaga, on 25 February 2015 - 12:54 AM, said:

Looking forward to the end of our Jade Falcon Vacation to be able to fight with you guys again. Not even 2 more days i think :D :D

Love the [GS] so good to have you guys back. I learnt a lot from my drops with [GS] in the early weeks of CW so once your holiday with CJF is over, come on over back to the CCAF.

#18 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationOdessa, Ukraine

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:53 AM

Yep, with [GS} we can capture planets more quickly.

#19 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:49 PM

I had no idea Liao were this commingling. We never see each other! How long has it been like this?

#20 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:12 PM

Great job all. Too bad IS cannot have a mutual defense pact against IS aggressor units such as Clan Davion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users