UI 2.0 is a significant overhaul of the existing MWO user interface, both on the surface and under the hood.
Three main goals:
- Reduce friction for new players.
- Communicate information in a clear and simple manner.
- Make each screen relevant to the task at hand (contextual).
- Make the Front End a little more sexy.
- Full support for Windowed, Full Screen, and Full Window view modes.
- Supports standard game resolutions 1024x768 to 1920x1200.
- More dynamic, lots of nice transitions, takes advantage of Scaleform and Flash animations.
- Supports element locking, useful for new players and tutorials.
- Frames-safe for 4:3 resolutions.
- New behind the scene UI architecture reduces bad states, improves stability, and reliability.
1 Horizontal Navigation Bar
2 Utility Bar
3 Vertical Navigation Bar
4 Contextual Status Menu
5 At-a-glance BattleMech Details
6 List Filtering
7 Compare Tool
8 List Item
9 Mech Efficiency Status
- The horizontal navigation bar (1) has been made larger and easier to read.
- The previous horizontal sub-nav bar has been replaced by a vertical nav bar (3).
- The previous status bar has been split into the new utility bar (2) and the contextual status menu (4).
- The previous two `Mech detail elements have been reworked slightly and separated (5). The Mech Detail screen gives players a much better overall view of the Mech loadout.
- Standardized list element for all store and MechLab interfaces. Includes the ability to filter based on common concepts like A-Z, Price High to Low, Owned, Not Owned, In-Game, etc. (6).
- Easy compare functionality standard throughout the UI. (7)
- Standard list elements (8) showing Selected, Readied, Sale Status, In-Game Status, Price information, buy and configure buttons, and the Mech type and Name.
- Current Mech Efficiency status – Basic, Elite, Master. (9)
Please direct your feedback here!