Md5 Hash Error Fix

2 replies to this topic

#1 Captain Cornhole

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

I tried to install MechWarrior online on my new computer. Was having major issues. I got the MD5 Hash error, then i ran the repair tool to patch, still had mismatched files. I did everything possible from updating in to safe mode, to even a factory restore on my computer. I even changed windows permissions, no antivirus, no firewall, everything. So I started looking at how big the folder was where it was installed, and it wasn't even over 500mb. So Something is preventing it downloading and saving to the computer. My boyfriend ( this is his name, I'm a girl, lol) plays too so I decided to just copy that folder its installed to from his computer, he had windows XP, and I have Windows 7.over to my computer and see if it will run, sure enough, fixed it. I noticed the file size of that folder was a little over 3GB with the current patches as of to date. So maybe this might shed some insight, and help with getting an actual fix with downloading. So if you have some friends that play copy that folder over to your computer. It would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games[/color] in Windows 7. Xp it will be under Program Files/Games. So maybe someone can create a zip file with the current 3gb of data and upload it somewhere so those that want to play can now. If your starting from scratch download the launcher and install, try to patch, and after it fails to patch just replace the files with the up to date ones. I do not know if its going to work as far as patching yet, today was a new patch so we shall see on the next patch, but i dont see any reason why it would not. You need someones files who does not have an issue with anything and is up to date. So I really don't think its an issue of anyone's computer. I think its the downloader itself.

I have uploaded a torrent file of the current game files on TPB. Just search for Mechwarrior,.

Edited by Captain Cornhole, 08 October 2013 - 07:40 PM.

#2 Gremlinn

• PipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:16 AM

I can't believe it was this simple. I spent at least 8 hrs with the game. I saw this post, but since there were no replies I did not do it, but I finally tried it when nothing else was working like you mentioned before. Funny thing was that it only took about 10 minutes to do this on my terabyte hard drive. I have a laptop that doesn't really play the game well, but I can do things in a pinch like buy a sale item. I just copied, pasted, overwrote the old files, and it was ready to go, did not need to patch or anything.

THANKS!!!

#3 Sergov Drakenovic

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:56 PM

now this **** me off, trying to setup PC's for a LAN party and your ****** product wont install itself, now i have to go through the pain of dealing with the whinging of nerds - when its not my fault at all get off your lazy ass and fix your delivery method, considering this has been going on since 2013 you really need to lift your game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users