• 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

You asked, and I mostly delivered! Here are the answers to your questions:

Q: Higher Blood pressure , Paul or Fox ? [Helmer]
A: Paul. [Garth]

Q: What about Hula Girl Physics™? Did Matt forget about his promise? :blink: [Adridos]
A: We're hoping to add Advanced Hula Girl Physics ;) [Garth]

Q: Will there be an in-game place for friends to stumble into instead of finding each other externally in TS? Basically a meeting place of sorts. [Kilgore]
A: The in-game friends list would work for that, I think. [Garth]

Q: Second question: If Battlemech 16 was supposed to be saved for something special why was it just randomly announced? [Butane9000]
A: The Flea is our official 16th Mech. 'A Mech' had a special reveal, but BattleMech 17 will be something different again. [Garth]

Q: With the idea of role warfare we have been given a selection of mechs designated to specific roles by lore and actual function (speed/armor/guns/etc). Is it the development team's vision and expectation that players would deploy these mechs in like fashion or can we feel free to take what we know (beta or non-beta) about the mechs and their implementation and redefine them (within the hardpoint limitations) to suit our own ideas of the role and fuction of a given mech? [KitK]
A: The system is pretty flexible. Lights, for example, can scout, or they can skirmish. The Dragon can scout too, or it can brawl. So yeah, we try to make them as capable of multiple roles as we can. [Garth]

Q: When will we see some more sexy desktops of events happening in River City? We get a lot of images from the map Frozen City, but I don't think we have yet to see River City aside from Desktop WP #9. [Cattra Kell]
A: Well now that people are actually asking, much sooner :D [Garth]

Q: Is there something more powerful than a young boy's wish? ;) [Nash]
A: Time And Relative Dimension In Space. [Garth]

Q: I've read some compelling forum posts on how tripling the weapon fire rate has been somewhat harmful to the utility of high-heat weapons. For instance, the classic 3-PPC awesome was a fairly heat efficient 'mech in TT, but not in MWO. Do you have any plans to look at heat generated by weapons or dissipated by heat sinks? [Comassion]
A: These things change quite often with each patch, so by the time I've answered it we may have already changed it. [Garth]

Q: The PC Gamer annoucemnt got me wondering: what magazines/blogs/forums does the dev team rely on to stay up to date on gaming technology? [Dracol]
A: Name it and someone here probably reads it. [Garth]

Q: Will new maps be created at a much greater pace eventually? [Sturmspetz]
A: I can't guarantee anything, but once more of the core systems are complete and in place I imagine they will come out faster. [Garth]

Q: What fuels your sadistic behaviour, for not bringing the ZEUS? :P [Ens]
A: Your tears fuel us. [Garth]

Q: Will AMS's be limited per mech, or will we be able to put an AMS in every missile slot on the mech? Will there be modules to increase AMS effectiveness? Maybe a module that lets you put AMS into missile slots? [Rathe]
A: Mechs have a minimum of 1 AMS slot, though some may have more. [Garth]

Q: Is this question easy to answer? [Joe3142]
A: Yes. [Garth]

Q: What variants are planned for the Jagermech, Spider, Flea? [Redshift2k5]
A: Spider: SDR-5V, SDR-5k, SDR-5D. JagerMech: JM6-DD, JM6-S, JM6-A. I don't have the Flea variants handy, sorry :( [Garth]

Q: Please, sir, will there ever be a jump capable medium mech? [Watchit]
A: Sure. ("The 5J variant of the Trebuchet is a tradeoff that sacrifices firepower for mobility. One of the two LRM-15 launchers have been removed and replaced with five jump jets, giving the Trebuchet a jumping distance of one hundred and fifty meters. Additionally, the armor has been increased by half a ton and five heat sinks have been added to the design.") [Garth]

Q: Are there any plans to implement the option to show damage in the HTAL format? [Thontor]
A: We're considering it as an option, yes ;) [Garth]

Thanks for your questions everyone, and we hope you enjoyed the answers!

Cheers,
The MechWarrior Onlne Team

#2 Stickjock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationPetal, MS

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

Kudos for "Advanced Hula Girl" physics!! ;)

#3 LaorDeLove

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 77 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

Hula girls wobble but they don't fall down.

#4 Kyros von Richthofen

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:15 AM

Really hoping to see the Zeus soon, too.

#5 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

Thanks a lot!

When can we expect Mech 17? What kind of reveal schedule are we on now?

#6 Mr Styx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • 126 posts
  • LocationDevon England

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:24 AM

hula yeaaahhh just what you all been asking for
more wasted dev time

#7 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

You mentioned earlier each new player would get to choose a mech, or multiple mechs, when starting out from a stable that covers the basics of role warfare. Can you elaborate on that for the new playlers coming in from PC Gamer and other sources?

#8 Gyranthir

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

Anyone have the list of the 16 mechs so far handy?

#9 HRRxStormBringer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 273 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario Canada

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

Q: Will there be an in-game place for friends to stumble into instead of finding each other externally in TS? Basically a meeting place of sorts. [Kilgore]
A: The in-game friends list would work for that, I think. [Garth]

I think he means an in-game chat where you can find and make friends. Are there any plans for an in-game general chat?

/sorry if it's un-couthe to ask in this format - I'm just really curious. I miss 'the zone''s chat function.

#10 Grendalsh

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

Re the 'grouping with friends' question, I agree that the point was not 'will we be able to group with friends', but rather if there are plans for a pre-launch lobby where it will be possible to group up, chat, and find new teammates. While a random LFG matchmaking system as default would get people in game, being able to form up teams and discuss strats before launch would be preferable.
Personally, I'm curious if there will be a larger scale territory/resource control system? I'm currently in the PlanetSide2 beta, and having a similar perpetual/living galaxy would add purpose and context to an otherwise random string of match ups.

#11 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

View PostGyranthir, on 01 October 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

Anyone have the list of the 16 mechs so far handy?

Actually, yes. :)

01: Jenner
02: Atlas
03: Hunchback
04: Dragon
05: Catapult
06: Centurion
07: Commando
08: Awesome
09: Raven
10: Cicada
11: Cataphract
12: Stalker
13: Trebuchet
14: JagerMech
15: Spider
16: Flea

#12 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 01 October 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

Q: Please, sir, will there ever be a jump capable medium mech? [Watchit]
A: Sure. ("The 5J variant of the Trebuchet is a tradeoff that sacrifices firepower for mobility. One of the two LRM-15 launchers have been removed and replaced with five jump jets, giving the Trebuchet a jumping distance of one hundred and fifty meters. Additionally, the armor has been increased by half a ton and five heat sinks have been added to the design.") [Garth]

It's not the same Garth! Not the same! Trebuchet doesn't count! T^T I want my Griffin...

Posted Image

#13 Garth Erlam

• 2,756 posts
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

View PostWatchit, on 01 October 2012 - 12:54 PM, said:

It's not the same Garth! Not the same! Trebuchet doesn't count! T^T I want my Griffin...

Posted Image

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

#14 Renaissance

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationNew Jerusalem, Tharkad

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

Advanced Hula Girl physics warms my icy cold Lyran heart.

#15 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

Garth Erlam said:

Q: Second question: If Battlemech 16 was supposed to be saved for something special why was it just randomly announced? [Butane9000]

A: The Flea is our official 16th Mech. 'A Mech' had a special reveal, but BattleMech 17 will be something different again. [Garth]

Really, which mech has already been confirmed and has also had a special reveal?

#16 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

View PostBFett, on 01 October 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

Really, which mech has already been confirmed and has also had a special reveal?

The Highlander in PC Gamer magazine

#17 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

You didn't answer my question! Here's the excerpt from Ask the Devs 14:

View PostGarth Erlam, on 27 August 2012 - 09:51 AM, said:

Q: Where is BattleMech 16? [Everyone]
A: It’s done. Marketing asked us to save it for something super special. [BRYAN]

You didn't say "A mech" you said "it's done, marketing asked us to save it for something special." which means you're lying to us right now! I imagine you had planned to add the Flea at some point. And with the leak of the Highlander considering that several people got their PC gamer copies early you had to make a sudden announcement and rolled out the completed artwork. Which I don't begrudge you, but I can't abide the double speak.

#18 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:30 AM

It's possible that mech 16 was supposed to be the PC Gamer reveal, but this was changed due to the early leak, leading to a swapped identity for "#16". Which actual number a mech has is irrelevant.

#19 MustrumRidcully

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

Q: I've read some compelling forum posts on how tripling the weapon fire rate has been somewhat harmful to the utility of high-heat weapons. For instance, the classic 3-PPC awesome was a fairly heat efficient 'mech in TT, but not in MWO. Do you have any plans to look at heat generated by weapons or dissipated by heat sinks? [Comassion]
A: These things change quite often with each patch, so by the time I've answered it we may have already changed it. [Garth]

Are you sure about that?

#20 Ithalunim

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

Are there plans to produce maps that would have other alternative physics, i.e Space combat? (Asteroid, Moon, Hull of a large Jumpship), Under Water? When would we be likely to see them?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users