Jump to content

Final Founders Numbers


98 replies to this topic

#1 WithSilentWings

    Member

  • Legendary Founder
  • 223 posts
  • LocationMississauga, Ontario, Canada

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:32 AM

Since Founders has come to an end, here are the "official" Founders numbers. I assume a few people may still be receiving refunds but doubt the numbers would change much.

Type-----------Number------Value Per------Line Total
Legendary----26,470-------120--------------3,176,400
Elite------------26,400--------60---------------1,584,000
Veteran-------14,840--------30----------------445,200
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Total: 5,205,600

#2 Comassion

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • 399 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:33 AM

Great! I want to see this game succeed, and it looks like they're off to a fantastic start.

Edited by Comassion, 15 October 2012 - 06:33 AM.


#3 Redshift2k5

    Welcoming Committee

  • Elite Founder
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,512 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

Sweet, just over a big fat 5 million

#4 grey451

    Rookie

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:41 AM

Whom should I pay to get to the club? B)
Joined today and bang - it has been closed yesterday. Sad :)

#5 MercilessTRADER

    Member

  • Legendary Founder
  • 72 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:43 AM

Grey451... just wait a week or two, should go Open Beta. Than free for you and anyone else

#6 Redshift2k5

    Welcoming Committee

  • Elite Founder
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,512 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:10 AM

View Postgrey451, on 15 October 2012 - 06:41 AM, said:

Whom should I pay to get to the club? B)
Joined today and bang - it has been closed yesterday. Sad :)


You can still join the closed beta, but you won't be able to purchase an exclusive founder pack.

Check here for a free beta key giveaway http://www.tentonham...rior-online-cbt

#7 Landsharkk

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Locationnear Seattle, WA

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

About a month ago I got a refund for my founders package, clearly stating in the emails back and forth with support that it was because they were forcing founders members to spend their premium time during open beta.

3 days before founders program ends they announce that founders will have the option to start their time whenever they want.

Of course, now it's too late for me to re-buy the founders package. Had they said something even 5 days earlier I could have re-bought. Although I'm overall glad with their decision to push back open beta and allow founders the option to choose when their time starts, I still feel that PGI is SEVERELY disconnected from their customers even now.

I'll be playing this game for free, but for PGI to receive any of my money again I'm going to need to see some significant changes in how they communicate with their customers.

#8 Vassago Rain

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • Phoenix Storm
  • Phoenix Storm
  • 12,120 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

Legendary doesn't look all that legendary.

#9 Marvyra

    Member

  • Veteran Founder
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

Wow, that's a nice amount of numbers there. I hope MWO will have a good future! ;)

#10 Pivateer

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • 151 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

View PostLandsharkk, on 15 October 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

About a month ago I got a refund for my founders package, clearly stating in the emails back and forth with support that it was because they were forcing founders members to spend their premium time during open beta.

3 days before founders program ends they announce that founders will have the option to start their time whenever they want.

Of course, now it's too late for me to re-buy the founders package. Had they said something even 5 days earlier I could have re-bought. Although I'm overall glad with their decision to push back open beta and allow founders the option to choose when their time starts, I still feel that PGI is SEVERELY disconnected from their customers even now.

I'll be playing this game for free, but for PGI to receive any of my money again I'm going to need to see some significant changes in how they communicate with their customers.


Sounds like you jumped the gun and lost faith. You should have stuck it out. But I am not telling you anything you don't already know.
C'est la vie

Edited by Pivateer, 15 October 2012 - 10:05 AM.


#11 Nacon

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • 641 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 15 October 2012 - 09:59 AM, said:

Legendary doesn't look all that legendary.

Not now... maybe in a year or two, it will be.



View PostLandsharkk, on 15 October 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

Although I'm overall glad with their decision to push back open beta and allow founders the option to choose when their time starts, I still feel that PGI is SEVERELY disconnected from their customers even now.


Tell ya the truth, sounds like you severely disconnected from PGI by asking for refund, not other way around. Still... try emailing them again and see if you can get it back. Explain about your concern about the premium time in OB before you found out about their plan. Maybe it's not too late for you.

Edited by Nacon, 15 October 2012 - 10:11 AM.


#12 Riin Suul

    Member

  • Legendary Founder
  • 528 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

View PostPivateer, on 15 October 2012 - 10:04 AM, said:


Sounds like you jumped the gun and lost faith. You should have stuck it out. But I am not telling you anything you don't already know.
C'est la vie

yeah, in my mind, founders was like investing in a company, non refundable.
I invested because I hoped that this game would be awesome, not for the stuff (though it helped ;) )
I would never dream of demanding a refund for my investment

#13 Renwault

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationRight were you find me.

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:13 AM

View PostRiin Suul, on 15 October 2012 - 10:08 AM, said:

yeah, in my mind, founders was like investing in a company, non refundable.
I invested because I hoped that this game would be awesome, not for the stuff (though it helped ;) )
I would never dream of demanding a refund for my investment



I never paid for the "stuff" either I paid to support a team based game. Since they took that from me and my team I asked for a refund. When you are investing in something they say will happen then they back out you should not be shunned for asking for a refund.

I really hope that this game will be all that it can be and will continue to thrive, with 5 Million already I am not sure why they are pushing for more funds by pushing open beta and conforming to the PUG's out there that want to treat this game like its a lone wolf BF3 game.

#14 Badgerpants

    Member

  • Legendary Founder
  • 202 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

View PostRiin Suul, on 15 October 2012 - 10:08 AM, said:

yeah, in my mind, founders was like investing in a company, non refundable.
I invested because I hoped that this game would be awesome, not for the stuff (though it helped ;) )
I would never dream of demanding a refund for my investment


You and me both mate! I bought the founders package with the hope this game would be legendary! Sight unseen bought the legendary pack, never regretted it as I'm having so much fun in my Jenners right now! Got into closed Beta about a month before August invites (I know I'm bragging) and have seen plenty of changes, mostly for the good! I'm so happy this game looks like it's going to work, money well spent!

(I know I'm over dosing on exclamation marks, but I'm just so happy about this game!)

#15 Elizander

    Member

  • Legendary Founder
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 3,908 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:21 AM

1) They already said from the beginning that they would look into addressing the issue of when the Founder's Premium time will begin.

2) Team-based gameplay will be the main end-game for MWO when Community Warfare comes out.

3) It's too late now for people who decided to prematurely get a refund. Getting a Founder's Package was a gamble for some. Refunding a Founder's Package was apparently a gamble for others.

#16 Landsharkk

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Locationnear Seattle, WA

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

View PostElizander, on 15 October 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

1) They already said from the beginning that they would look into addressing the issue of when the Founder's Premium time will begin.

2) Team-based gameplay will be the main end-game for MWO when Community Warfare comes out.

3) It's too late now for people who decided to prematurely get a refund. Getting a Founder's Package was a gamble for some. Refunding a Founder's Package was apparently a gamble for others.



When is 'from the beginning'? Because back when I got my refund they had not even hinted they were looking into some way to allow founders to choose their time. In fact, that didn't even come up until the Reddit interview last Friday, and even then it was 'we are looking into the possibility', which is a far distance from a solid answer to the issue.

As for the comment that I'm disconnected from PGI, not the other way around. I almost never see PGI respond to any concerns in the forums or on their website. What I do see is festering complaints continue to get worse and worse and gain momentum like a steam-roller, until the forums nearly implode on themselves. Then, when people start getting so upset that they begin asking for refunds in large numbers, only then does PGI decide to respond. That's what I said PGI is disconnected from their customers. There's little to no transparency with PGI when it comes to concerns brought up by their beta testers.

We give them mountains of feedback and they don't seem to give us much back.

#17 Elddar

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • 192 posts
  • LocationEast of Seattle

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

View PostLandsharkk, on 15 October 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

About a month ago I got a refund for my founders package, clearly stating in the emails back and forth with support that it was because they were forcing founders members to spend their premium time during open beta.


I never understood why so many people were upset about when their premium time started. I don't see premium time as having anything to do with game play.

Premium time has one purpose, to earn c-bills faster. This happens the same regardless of how complete you view the state of the game, or how close it is to deserving the title "Open Beta" or "Released".

If you were going to be playing during open beta anyway, why would you not want to be getting a head start on your earning wealth?

#18 Yoseful Mallad

    Member

  • Legendary Founder
  • Phoenix Overlord
  • Phoenix Overlord
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

View PostWithSilentWings, on 15 October 2012 - 06:32 AM, said:

Since Founders has come to an end, here are the "official" Founders numbers. I assume a few people may still be receiving refunds but doubt the numbers would change much.

Type-----------Number------Value Per------Line Total
Legendary----26,470-------120--------------3,176,400
Elite------------26,400--------60---------------1,584,000
Veteran-------14,840--------30----------------445,200
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Total: 5,205,600
wow... if those are the final founders numbers, id really like to see at least half that many people on when the game goes live. I would love to see what the servers do with that kind of stress lol

#19 Angst

    Member

  • Legendary Founder
  • 346 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

View PostLandsharkk, on 15 October 2012 - 10:27 AM, said:



When is 'from the beginning'? Because back when I got my refund they had not even hinted they were looking into some way to allow founders to choose their time. In fact, that didn't even come up until the Reddit interview last Friday, and even then it was 'we are looking into the possibility', which is a far distance from a solid answer to the issue.

As for the comment that I'm disconnected from PGI, not the other way around. I almost never see PGI respond to any concerns in the forums or on their website. What I do see is festering complaints continue to get worse and worse and gain momentum like a steam-roller, until the forums nearly implode on themselves. Then, when people start getting so upset that they begin asking for refunds in large numbers, only then does PGI decide to respond. That's what I said PGI is disconnected from their customers. There's little to no transparency with PGI when it comes to concerns brought up by their beta testers.

We give them mountains of feedback and they don't seem to give us much back.


Most of the "feedback" on the forums is garbage anyway. You need a shovel to sift through the bullcrap. You actually had time to re-buy your founders package last week if you had paid attention. One of the people I play with was able to do that. That email they sent out was fairly transparent.. Overall for a game company they're doing pretty well vs. some of the games I've played.

It's a good thing they don't assess refunds based on attitude or lack thereof.

Edited by Angst, 15 October 2012 - 10:43 AM.


#20 Landsharkk

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Locationnear Seattle, WA

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

View PostElddar, on 15 October 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

I never understood why so many people were upset about when their premium time started. I don't see premium time as having anything to do with game play.

Premium time has one purpose, to earn c-bills faster. This happens the same regardless of how complete you view the state of the game, or how close it is to deserving the title "Open Beta" or "Released".

If you were going to be playing during open beta anyway, why would you not want to be getting a head start on your earning wealth?


That'd be great, if the game still didn't have major bugs causing you to be unable to use your mechs, unplayable FPS, CTD's, and constant changes to the items and mechs available to you, during your premium time.

View PostAngst, on 15 October 2012 - 10:43 AM, said:


Most of the "feedback" on the forums is garbage anyway. You need a shovel to sift through the bullcrap. You actually had time to re-buy your founders package last week if you had paid attention. One of the people I play with was able to do that. That email they sent out was fairly transparent.. Overall for a game company they're doing pretty well vs. some of the games I've played.

It's a good thing they don't assess refunds based on attitude or lack thereof.


There wouldn't be so much garbage on the forums if PGI took a moment to respond to the concerns and interacted/communicated with their beta testers. As it stands now, some garbage is posted, then more garbage is posted, and PGI never steps in to even acknowledge any false statements or try to provide some feedback regarding the complaint. That's a concern to me.

Also, I appreciate the quick jab at me personally on your last line there. My attitude was very constructive for a long time during beta (months), but at some point you start losing faith, when PGI continues to make the game client worse, fails to respond to concerns or complaints, and then has the gall to mention going open beta/release with a broken game. I'm sorry, I've been taking part in betas for over 2 decades now, and I've seen this kind of behavior before, from many many other developer teams in the past. Let me assure you, it doesn't usually end up well for the game or the customers.

It took the implosion of the forums before PGI actually made a response. That right there should say something. The fact that they finally DID respond is a good sign, but it's not enough to suddenly trust them 100% to do right in the future either. I'm still waiting to see what's next. Until then, I remain the skeptic that PGI created out of me.

Edited by Landsharkk, 15 October 2012 - 10:54 AM.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users