57 replies to this topic

#1 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

Hey guys, here are your questions and answers!

Q: Can we expect to see descriptions for weapons and equipment soon? [Ceribus]
A: We're working on it, but I don't have a solid date for when it will all be completed. It'll get there, though :) [Garth]

Q: Number 1: have you an exactly date when new game modes will implemented in this game, something like Team DM or rush? [xDevineWarriorx]
A: I believe the new game mode arrives late this month, early next month. [Garth]

Q: Will the ability (or need) to stack Jump Jets ever be introduced? [Col Forbin]
A: Yes, that is being worked on. Though it will make me re-work my entire Jenner build :wacko: [Garth]

Q: Are you eventually planning to implement events like double C-Bills / GXP weekends to give added incentive to the existing player-base to keep coming back as well as to attract new players? [SUBZERO8K]
A: Early next year we should have that in, yes :D [Garth]

Q: Why do you guys have to be Canadians? [Sandpit]
A: You see, sometimes a country feels the urge to go out and explore the world. And sometimes when they do that, they create a beautiful, new baby country. [Garth]

Q: Have you thought about changing the salvage bonus, so instead of C-Bills, players would get the leftover intact items of the opposing team? [wuselfuzz]
A: We have actually, yes. [Garth]

Q: When is the pilot POV slider going to be implemented? I'm not keen on fiddling with my .cfg file. [BarHaid]
A: It's important we find a good balance of numbers, as some end up creating rather annoying bugs. [Garth]

Q: Will we get a mouse sensitivity slider in the future, and will mouse sensitivity dynamically decrease according to what zoom mode we are in? [Clay Pigeon]
A: Yes, this will be coming 'soon'™. [Garth]

Q: Since we're here in the land of FASA, any chance of Crimson Skies related cosmetics? Like a Pandora bobble or a Devastator bobble? Or maybe a red mech skin with the classic white Jolly Roger? [Thirdrail]
A: Those are cool ideas... hmm... [Garth]

Q: Anyway you can lower the chance for the AC/20 to get critted? As it stands the weapon is more fragile than a faberge egg. [GrimlockONE]
A: I'll poke Paul about it. [Garth]

Q: Garth, is there any update about taking full-screen screenshots? Having it show as full black unless I use an off-center window is slightly unappealing. [Iridin]
A: Yes - for now I use fraps. [Garth]

Q: will we be able to customize our HUD (in future), and by that i dont just refer to color, im looking forward if we can change the look of our "mech component armor (health) status display" that is right now? [Jale]
A: We will be looking into it, just low on priority at the moment. [Paul]

Q: UAC-5s are on a trial mech, when will the changes to the UAC-5 jamming system mentioned by Inouye be put into place? [Rathe]
A: Already in testing. [Paul]

Q: As covered in this thread, there has been some debate as to heat generation and the balancing issues for energy vs. ballistic vs. missile weapons. I'm aware that "balancing of weapons is being constantly looked at", but has this specific post been discussed as to validity? Rather than tweaking, has the heat/weapons interactions been or are they going to be reviewed as a whole? [Lanessar]
A: 99% of the time these threads are used in discussions, yes. We try to balance our developer experience against what the players are saying vs. what we see in game. [Garth]

Q: The thing that bothers me the most is map sizes. The current maps are very small in my view and limits the tactical part of the game. I loved the strategy and tacics in MW4 but here strategy and tactics is almost nonexistant. I have come to the conclusion that this is because of our game modes and map sizes. [Teralitha]
A: The next two new environments are much larger than the current set of maps. [Paul]
A: Also, I disagree that smaller map sizes limit tactics. [Garth]

Q: will their be any sort of in game achievements in the near future or at least are you thinking of adding them? [Shelshoq]
A: Currently the timeline for achievements is early next year. [Garth]

Q: In any mech, when you look to the right you see a big red button attached to the pilot's seat. What does this button do!?! [Jad3d]
A: It summons a giant murder of UrbanMechs. [Garth]

Q: While this is a cool feature what I would like to know if it has any effect on how well an AMS system works against the LRMs as they arrive? Or is it just for visual effect? [Sickocrow]
A: It's mostly for visual effect, and tends to be a preference thing. I like one giant wave of missile death, but some people like the slightly longer cockpit shake of the salvo style. [Garth]

Q: Which do you prefer? Android, iOS or Windows phone? And yes the correct answer will get you more money from me. [Stonefalcon]
A: I like Android myself. [Garth]

Q: Will more attention be given to the existing issues (i.e. crashes to desktop, hanging at close, low fps, etc..) and less to the marketing end (i.e. "flash" - crap that looks nice but does nothing for actual game play)? [Sable Hawk]
A: Different people work on each of those things so... we already do, would be my answer. [Garth]

Q: Would it be possible for PGI to make me a personalised bobblehead that matches my MWO name? I would consider paying C-BILL's for the privilege. [White Bear 84]
A: That is a damn good idea, let me write that down and steal it... [Garth]

Q: Why have you not reduced the advantage that the Gauss Canon has in comparison to LRMs? [Long Draw]
A: LRM's do more damage (even if 2/3 missiles hit, it's doing more damage) and is indirect fire, so it's tough to compare them side-by side like that. In 1v1 situations, the Gauss is better. With a spotter, I'd say the LRM20 is (much) better. [Garth]

Q: Before the clans invade there was no Pulse Laser, no ER-Laser, no Gauss Rifle, no ER-PPC, no LBX-Cannon, no Ultra-Cannon, no Artemis System, no AMS and so on … I think you got my point. [Gornn]
A: "First introduced in 2760 by the Terran Hegemony, the Extended-Range Particle Projector Cannon, or ER PPC for short, has a greatly increased range than that of a standard PPC." (Gauss Rifle 2590, Large Pulse Laser 3037...) I think you get my point. :o [Garth]

Q: I would like to know what was the devs' intention to make many of the laser weapons to generate even more heat than it was supposed be as I noticed that the heat generation/damage ratios of all pulse lasers as well as small and medium lasers are somewhat disproportionate? Were the devs did not realized that the laser weapons are an essential element of the MechWarrior games? [Draken X]
A: As someone who pilots laser boats almost exclusively, I'd say the following: I really like the balance and design we've got for the lasers, particularly my favourite, the Medium Laser. At no point do I feel like I am using an inferior weapon when I use them. So, yes it was our intention, and the lasers ARE an essential element of the game. I regularly go up against Gaussboats, Missileboats, etc, and can defeat them (if I'm the better pilot). [Garth]

Q: Will we ever see more pilot animations? I would kill to see your pilot turning on or off the mech when you tell it to shut down, or similar actions. [TheAquired]
A: Yes; I don't have an exact timeline for you though. Suffice to say we feel other things are more important, but we will get to it. [Garth]

Thanks for your questions everyone, we hope you got some answers :o

Cheers,
The MechWarrior Online Team

#2 XvDraxvX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 298 posts
  • LocationEscondido CA

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

Will we see Damage, and accuracy increases on LRM's?

Based on the forum posts there are a lot of "LRM are OP" crowds who also agree they may have been over nerfed.

#3 Stickjock

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationPetal, MS

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 14 November 2012 - 01:09 PM, said:

Q: Before the clans invade there was no Pulse Laser, no ER-Laser, no Gauss Rifle, no ER-PPC, no LBX-Cannon, no Ultra-Cannon, no Artemis System, no AMS and so on … I think you got my point. [Gornn]
A: "First introduced in 2760 by the Terran Hegemony, the Extended-Range Particle Projector Cannon, or ER PPC for short, has a greatly increased range than that of a standard PPC." (Gauss Rifle 2590, Large Pulse Laser 3037...) I think you get my point. :) [Garth]

As an aside to this... wasn't it the Helm Memory Core, recover'd around 3028 that led to the IS developing/rediscovering a lot of items that had been considered "LosTech"...??

#4 WardenWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

View PostStickjock, on 14 November 2012 - 01:30 PM, said:

As an aside to this... wasn't it the Helm Memory Core, recover'd around 3028 that led to the IS developing/rediscovering a lot of items that had been considered "LosTech"...??

For many technologies - Yes :)

Also, as always, 'thank you' Garth for your time!

#5 Treckin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

Thanks for the replies.

WHERE IS THE RESPONSE ON DX10/11??!!

Getting really lame that you wont even say "Not sure, its all effed up, sorry."

#6 clanwolf3050

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

View PostStickjock, on 14 November 2012 - 01:30 PM, said:

Found by the Gray Death Leagon, yes. At the time of the Clan War IS units did have some "level 2" tech. Thing is only front line units and less then 50% of the equipment, if that, was advanced.

Edited by clanwolf3050, 14 November 2012 - 01:53 PM.

#7 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

thanks guys

No replies on the community warfare questions. Anyone seen anything of late?

#8 WardenWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostSlater01, on 14 November 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

No replies on the community warfare questions. Anyone seen anything of late?

It is really just a matter of waiting at this point, I think. I'd expect it before the Clan invasion, but after official "Launch". Any specifics will not be forthcoming right now, since they aren't focusing on that yet.

#9 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

Thanks WardenWolf

#10 Valder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationQQmercs.com

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

Meh, I feel like I learned nothing new. 2 weeks in a row now. Gonna stop getting excited about these.

#11 Stonefalcon

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

Q: Which do you prefer? Android, iOS or Windows phone? And yes the correct answer will get you more money from me. [Stonefalcon]
A: I like Android myself. [Garth]

Woot, Android chums. AHEM... Yes that is the correct answer.

#12 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

Q: Would it be possible for PGI to make me a personalised bobblehead that matches my MWO name? I would consider paying C-BILL's for the privilege. [White Bear 84]
A: That is a damn good idea, let me write that down and steal it... [Garth]

Shotgun royalties... ..but seriously, keep me updated on this one :) :(

#13 Marzepans

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

So, still ignoring everyone's questions on DHS then?

#14 Calmon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

Q: Why have you not reduced the advantage that the Gauss Canon has in comparison to LRMs? [Long Draw]
A: LRM's do more damage (even if 2/3 missiles hit, it's doing more damage) and is indirect fire, so it's tough to compare them side-by side like that. In 1v1 situations, the Gauss is better. With a spotter, I'd say the LRM20 is (much) better. [Garth]

You're joking right? There are no spotters ingame anymore. LRM are dead atm. Very rarely used.

#15 Sawa963

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

Thanks for the answers.

#16 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

View PostCalmon, on 14 November 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

You're joking right? There are no spotters ingame anymore. LRM are dead atm. Very rarely used.

I very often squad with up to 3 other players.. ..usually we always have one or two spotters. Tend to find its the other way round, you go out spotting and no one uses their LRMS...

The biggest difference between LRMS and Gauss is that the damage from gauss is focused on one area, while LRMS are spread out.. ..now if that damage was localised (look what happened pre Artemis hotfix).. ..say no more.

Edited by White Bear 84, 14 November 2012 - 03:29 PM.

#17 Stonefalcon

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

View PostThontor, on 14 November 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

If only 2/3 missiles hit they might be useful.. as it is now it's more like maybe 1/4 if you are lucky (and the 1.7 per missile is true)

and i'm talking clear LOS, seeing the missiles hit their targets

I love how when people refer to missiles hitting a target they instantly base the number on missiles trying to hit a jenner moving at 140kph

#18 Bitey001

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

View PostThontor, on 14 November 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

If only 2/3 missiles hit they might be useful.. as it is now it's more like maybe 1/4 if you are lucky (and the 1.7 per missile is true)

and i'm talking clear LOS, seeing the missiles hit their targets

I agree. I want to see REAL figures tested out in game if he's going to spout numbers like that. Maybe they've designed it so 2/3 hit, but I can tell you that's not even close to what I see in game. In my experience right now it's like 10-25% maybe. And that's if mechs are moving very slowly or standing still. Current LRM mechanics are very easy to evade if you're going perpendicular at all to the LRM. I've seen an Atlas totally evade direct LOS LRM fire simply by WALKING backwards sort of perpendicular. Like just a slow casual stroll backwards.

Pre-Artemis LRM vs. LRM now there is absolutely no comparison.

Edited by Bitey001, 14 November 2012 - 03:59 PM.

#19 Sherbniz

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

Thanks for those answers! Looking forward to some of this stuff!

Q: In any mech, when you look to the right you see a big red button attached to the pilot's seat. What does this button do!?! [Jad3d]

Most likely the eject seat button! Haha

But I like the idea with the Urbanmechs!

#20 Onyx Rain

• 1,017 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, EARTH MK II

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

View PostTreckin, on 14 November 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

Thanks for the replies.

WHERE IS THE RESPONSE ON DX10/11??!!

Getting really lame that you wont even say "Not sure, its all effed up, sorry."

Ya I guess being 4th to post a question wasn't quick enough, they really don't like me, and/or they really don't wanna answer that question.

To be fair they did post that blurb about Dx11, but it was pretty vague...didn't give a clear ETA, or tell us what it would do for us.

Nor did they answer my question about clarifying the unseen-reseen issue by giving us a list of mechs they clearly do not have the rights to for now so we can stop theorizing about it. (Russ said they don't have the rights to "some" unseen...Does that mean reseen are possible?)

Wasn't to shocked there was no comment on my quad question referencing the 80% vote in favor of them and any chance they'd reconsider, since they have stated that is off the table for now (Still better then some of the fluff questions they answer).

Get in 4th and nothin? ....Think maybe I'm on the $h!t list :)

(I :( you PGI...lets be friends again!!!)

Edited by Onyx Rain, 14 November 2012 - 04:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users