Ams Toggle On/off Function

9 replies to this topic

Poll: AMS toggle off/on (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Should players be able to toggle their AMS off/on?

1. Yes (49 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Daniel Travieso

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:55 AM

Often when I am behind perfect missile cover or in a tunnel/cave my AMS keeps firing even though I don't need it, hence wasting its ammunition I might desperatly need later. We need to be able to turn it off and on at will.

#2 Henry Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:18 AM

View PostDaniel Travieso, on 26 November 2013 - 04:55 AM, said:

Often when I am behind perfect missile cover or in a tunnel/cave my AMS keeps firing even though I don't need it, hence wasting its ammunition I might desperatly need later. We need to be able to turn it off and on at will.

Instead of a toggle, I'd like to see them fix this. The fear with a toggle is it might be turned off and forgotten when needed, new players accidently turning them off, etc.. I see the same thing when at the bottom level of the harbor area on Crimson Straits as well, or when hiding behind an object. If PGI could make AMS not fire if there is no LoS to the missles, that would solve it.

#3 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

I'd rather have a toggle and hope new players aren't complete airheads. They learn too you know. We all were new once.

#4 Daniel Travieso

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:52 PM

word!

#5 Geeks On Hugs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 121 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

Well don't forget that your AMS might be helping a teammate too. Still I like for maximum control so I voted yes. It seems reasonable that there would be a toggle to turn off such a system in your 'Mech.

Does anyone know how the BattleTech rules might deal with this type of situation?

#6 technopredator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:31 AM

Well PGI/IGP should learn when to end a simulation and this feature wouldn't be necessary:
  • 'mech fallen 'mechs on the floor keep falling forever, hitting the snow/dust as they were advancing and hitting it constantly.
  • The freaking AMS firing when you're on a tunnel or behind a tall mountain and there is NO LoS to the missile.
  • Only activate AMS if the missiles are going to hit you or your team members.

#7 Bobzilla

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:27 AM

It's also hard to be sneaky with your AMS spraying in the air from behind a rock.

#8 Monkeystador

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:04 AM

Toggle i'd say. if pgi want to cater for the stupid just set it to ON automatically for each new game start. I dont mind programming a macro that configures my MECH after a game start.

Like open bay doors, toogle ams off, overclock fusion reactors, switch on wardrums , etc.

Edited by Monkeystador, 09 April 2014 - 03:05 AM.

#9 Gritash

• PipPip
  • Star Commander
  • 26 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:17 AM

Hate wasting AMS rounds destroying missiles that are just impacting on the cover beside me or the roof over me (if height is less than 90m). Depletes the ammo so i dont have it when i really need it.

#10 Nighthawk513

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 234 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:21 AM

You know if you go to the AMS in your weapons group and use the button to select it, it toggles it off, right?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users